Gay charity to close after it's CEO falsely accused of rape

Shane Peake, aged 26, was sentenced to three years in prison at Salisbury Crown Court on 11 October for perverting the course of justice, theft, burglary and making false representations.

Clark told Third Sector that he allowed Peake, who called himself Stephen Shaw, to stay in his home after he was asked to take him in by the local social services department, who knew Clark because of his charity’s work.

Peake had told social services he was a 17-year-old gypsy who had been kicked out of home for being gay, said Clark.

But when Clark became suspicious of Peake’s story and questioned him about his background, the young man went to the police and accused Clark of rape.

Although the police told Clark just days later that there was no evidence to support Peake’s claims, Peake had already made comments online about the alleged rape that irrevocably affected the charity, Clark said.

I agree it is most likely that Peake lied about the whole thing but where is the proof? Did he confess to lying? The whole thing sounds like bullshit. There are much easier and better cons to run on the gullible if that's what you are into than to live with a gay couple and accuse them of rape. I would not be surprised if the gay couple realized the kid was simply there to steal things from them like an ignorant bastard, then made their move expecting the reaction from the kid so they might have their payback on him.

And doesn't the press usually prefix all the charges against someone with the word 'allegedly' too? Why not in this case?

Sounds like Clark was ready to toss it all in anyway.

Clark said that he was so affected personally by the allegations that he felt he could no longer run the charity and he decided to put it into liquidation.

"There’s no way that I could carry out the duties that I did before," said Clark.

Seriously? If you are devoted to helping a group of people stupid shit like this wouldn't stop you.

Sounds like this guy found he had a way out and took it.

Forum List

Back