Gay Activist Site Sanctity Of Marriege To Prtest Two Straigh Guys Getting Married

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
How ridiculous can people get?

Two men are going to take advantage of New Zealand's liberal same-sex marriage laws tomorrow when they tie the knot, but gay rights campaigners in the Commonwealth nation have called it an "insult", as both partners in the union are straight best friends.
Rugby-mad engineer Travis McIntosh, 23, and teacher Matt McCormick, 24, have known each other nearly twenty years. They entered a "bromance" competition run by a local NZ radio station last month hoping to win an all expenses-paid trip to the UK for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Edge FM launched the "Love You, Man" campaign back in August as part of the build-up to the competition, in which two straight best friends would be chosen to enjoy the trip, on the condition they would go as a legally married couple.

Despite the apparently innocent enjoyment afforded by the competition, local gay rights groups are "horrified" by the move, according to the New Zealand Herald. A "queer support" coordinator from Otago University criticised the union, saying it was an "insult", and that it "trivialises what we fought for".

The co-chairman of a local group called LegaliseLove ironically echoed the words of groups who originally opposed same-sex marriage when he said the competition "attacked the legitimacy of gay marriage". Despite that, he took a more philosophical view on the long term implications, saying: "Maybe on the day that statistics around mental health for LGBTI (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex) people are better, when high schools are safe places for LGBTI youth, we can look back on all this and laugh".

Gay Rights Groups Outraged As Straight Friends Marry for Rugby Tickets

Trust me, I am already laughing.

I have been anticipating this for years. When two fishing buddies decide to get the benefits gay folks have lusted after for years...without all the prancing and dancing.

God I'm getting tired of queers spamming every board on the web. Look at this one. More than half the posts are about some selfish self-interest aspect of queerdom. They're 2% of the population and 50% of web posts. Hey idiots, there's a big world out there and lots of issues way more important than your degeneracy. Grow up. You don't have to go through life emotionally immature if just once in awhile you act like adults.

How ridiculous can people get?

Two men are going to take advantage of New Zealand's liberal same-sex marriage laws tomorrow when they tie the knot, but gay rights campaigners in the Commonwealth nation have called it an "insult", as both partners in the union are straight best friends.
Rugby-mad engineer Travis McIntosh, 23, and teacher Matt McCormick, 24, have known each other nearly twenty years. They entered a "bromance" competition run by a local NZ radio station last month hoping to win an all expenses-paid trip to the UK for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Edge FM launched the "Love You, Man" campaign back in August as part of the build-up to the competition, in which two straight best friends would be chosen to enjoy the trip, on the condition they would go as a legally married couple.

Despite the apparently innocent enjoyment afforded by the competition, local gay rights groups are "horrified" by the move, according to the New Zealand Herald. A "queer support" coordinator from Otago University criticised the union, saying it was an "insult", and that it "trivialises what we fought for".

The co-chairman of a local group called LegaliseLove ironically echoed the words of groups who originally opposed same-sex marriage when he said the competition "attacked the legitimacy of gay marriage". Despite that, he took a more philosophical view on the long term implications, saying: "Maybe on the day that statistics around mental health for LGBTI (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex) people are better, when high schools are safe places for LGBTI youth, we can look back on all this and laugh".

Gay Rights Groups Outraged As Straight Friends Marry for Rugby Tickets

Trust me, I am already laughing.
Well, they can be enraged all they want...too bad. Gay people have been marrying straights of the opposite sex or other gays of the opposite sex for millenium to cover up....

God I'm getting tired of queers spamming every board on the web. Look at this one. More than half the posts are about some selfish self-interest aspect of queerdom. They're 2% of the population and 50% of web posts. Hey idiots, there's a big world out there and lots of issues way more important than your degeneracy. Grow up. You don't have to go through life emotionally immature if just once in awhile you act like adults.
I'm sorry that we have made you click on, read, and reply to our threads/posts. I'm so very very sorry to have forced you in that way.

I have been anticipating this for years. When two fishing buddies decide to get the benefits gay folks have lusted after for years...without all the prancing and dancing.
What makes you think that straight fishing buddies (one man/one woman) haven't been doing that already. It's called "marriage of convenience"....*shrug

What makes you think that straight fishing buddies (one man/one woman) haven't been doing that already. It's called "marriage of convenience"....*shrug
Pretending to be dense will get you nowhere.

I'm not the one who seems to not know that straight marriages of convenience happen all the time.

I'm not the one who seems to not know that straight marriages of convenience happen all the time.
Maybe in your world they are....not mine.

Maybe in you world they are....not mine.
Seriously? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe because you never served.....in the military it happens a lot for benefits and off-base housing $$$. And many marriages of convenience are for one person to get a green card. IF you find the right websites/advertising sources, it's actually financially lucrative.

I'm sorry that we have made you click on, read, and reply to our threads/posts. I'm so very very sorry to have forced you in that way.

You didn't force me, and I respond to any and all threads just for the sake of civility, on balance. You understand "on balance"? Of course you don't. You're queer. Fuck everything else and everyone else on the planet except me, me, me! That's queer-think, right?

Maybe because you never served.....in the military it happens a lot for benefits and off-base housing $$$. And many marriages of convenience are for one person to get a green card. IF you find the right websites/advertising sources, it's actually financially lucrative.
Again, that's your odd, other than moral, world...not mine.

You didn't force me, and I respond to any and all threads just for the sake of civility, on balance. You understand "on balance"? Of course you don't. You're queer. Fuck everything else and everyone else on the planet except me, me, me! That's queer-think, right?
Civility includes whining about all the threads?

Again, that's your odd, other than moral, world...not mine.
It's the straight world I've observed over my many years.....along with the wife-swapping groups and overseas groupies in some of the squadrons I've been in. But, what goes on deployment stays on deployment.

Forum List

Back