Gators extend their range into Pennsylvania

Is the climate changing, and is this proof? Traditionally, alligators are tropical/subtropical fauna, not usually seen north of North Carolina on this continent.

But now two have been captured in Pennsylvania. Soon perhaps Lake Erie will become indistinguishable from Lake Victoria in Deepest, Darkest Africa.

PITTSBURGH ALLIGATOR: Alligator captured in Pittsburgh neighborhood
The fact that you would even ask that question is a testament to how fucking brainwashed global warming cult zealots really are.

Is the climate changing, and is this proof? Traditionally, alligators are tropical/subtropical fauna, not usually seen north of North Carolina on this continent.

But now two have been captured in Pennsylvania. Soon perhaps Lake Erie will become indistinguishable from Lake Victoria in Deepest, Darkest Africa.

Yeah just like they claimed Lake Erie was dead for a thousand years in 1970.
In 1969, Lake Ontario was so polluted that when I had to wade in to pull our boat to shore, it forever stained my brand new white hiphugger bell bottoms that I had made myself (zipper fly and everything) and no amount of Clorox would take out the evil green up to the knees.

Now the beaches are back open, same water.

In 1969, Lake Ontario was so polluted that when I had to wade in to pull our boat to shore, it forever stained my brand new white hiphugger bell bottoms that I had made myself (zipper fly and everything) and no amount of Clorox would take out the evil green up to the knees.

Yes. I remember when very color of the rainbow could be found in the Detroit River. Some people joked that soon you would be able to walk across Lake Erie, because it was so polluted.

It is amazing how well the Great Lakes have come back. It seems many fail to recognize nature’s ability to naturally attenuate.

Gotta stop the Canucks from polluting the lake.

Yes. I remember when very color of the rainbow could be found in the Detroit River. Some people joked that soon you would be able to walk across Lake Erie, because it was so polluted.

It is amazing how well the Great Lakes have come back. It seems many fail to recognize nature’s ability to naturally attenuate.
It's not just "nature" that happened, though, Gipper. There was a lot of man's intervention involved in cleaning up the Lakes. Let's not forget that.

It's not just "nature" that happened, though, Gipper. There was a lot of man's intervention involved in cleaning up the Lakes. Let's not forget that.
Of course.

The bay where I live is teeming with life now. Unfortunately, that includes Bull sharks. :eek:

At least we don't have Tiger sharks, much. Them sumbitches are assholes!

I remember when Lake Erie’s beaches used to riddled with trash and dead fish.

Erie is a huge shipping area for industry, the natural state of that kind of activity is less than pristine.

Forum List

Back