Gas Tax Holiday

After the meeting, Faatz said it was wrong for the DNC host committee to get a tax break.

"I am just troubled by not having the payment of taxes for what I consider to be a privately funded party, and that's what the host committee is: it's a private organization," she said.

"I'm hoping this is not the first of many stories about how Colorado taxpayers are apparently subsidizing the Democratic convention," Wadhams said.

"We would have a problem with this because they're clearly selling fuel to the host committee without a fully executed contract," Berckefeldt said. "We have a real serious issue at the auditor's office with the city doing business with anyone without a contract."

The host committee, which is responsible for raising money to put on the convention, is using the city's pumps "for safety and security reasons," Lopez said.

what a load of BS

DNC host's tax-free gas evaporates : Updates : The Rocky Mountain News

Well, we could discuss things that aren't a big nada... you know, like outing CIA agents. Like miusing intel to start a war of choice....

that kind of stuff.

or not.

Yeah, we could continue to dwell on the Evils of the Bush administration, or we could realize that Bush will be gone in 6 months, and we will still be here, with real issues to deal with, and 2 parties that are not going to do a damn thing to deal with them.

Oh but I forgot you would have us all believe McCain is Bush. Of course it is stupid to think just because McCain would continue some of Bushes policies, that he would also continue Bushes lying, and evil ways. However I see that it helps you guys defeat him if you portray it that way.

Last edited:
Well, we could discuss things that aren't a big nada... you know, like outing CIA agents. Like miusing intel to start a war of choice....

that kind of stuff.

or not.

nobody's saying those things arent big deals. but to point at them to try to make the Dems sins look less serious is stupid.

are you saying that the dems filling up their tanks illegally is nothing?

jillian is a perfect example of the kool-aid drinking liberal crowd. Nancy Pelosi could murder someone and jillian would make excuses why she did it and blame the victim...

I may be a Republican but atleast I can admit when my party sucks it up the ass.

Yeah, we could continue to dwell on the Evils of the Bush administration, or we could realize that Bush will be gone in 6 months, and we will still be here, with real issues to deal with, and 2 parties that are not going to do a damn thing to deal with them.

Oh but I forgot you would have us all believe McCain is Bush. Of course it is stupid to think just because McCain would continue some of Bushes policies, that he would also continue Bushes lying, and evil ways. However I see that it helps you guys defeat him if you portray it that way.

Amen brother... These people will be bitching about Bush 10 years from now instead of focusing on the future... Unfortunately though, the hatred is still eating at them so much that they are blindly following a guy who is going to tax the hell out us if he gets elected... Not what we need in a down economy, but how are a bunch of lawyers supposed to know how the economy works...

Amen brother... These people will be bitching about Bush 10 years from now instead of focusing on the future... Unfortunately though, the hatred is still eating at them so much that they are blindly following a guy who is going to tax the hell out us if he gets elected... Not what we need in a down economy, but how are a bunch of lawyers supposed to know how the economy works...

actually friend, people will be bitching about that monkey a 100 years from now

"The DNCC said in a statement that "the City of Denver and the Denver Host Committee informed us late (Tuesday) afternoon about this matter and told us that the Denver Host Committee will pay all applicable taxes and fees related to their fuel contract, as they should."

MyFox Colorado | Tax-Free Gas Deal for Convention Hosts Criticized

ya know if you actually get to the heart of this story.

it's simply that the city of denver in an effort to get the convention (and if you know anything about conventions...you'd know that cities go balls to the wall in order to get conventions) gave the dims a contract for free gas.

they didn't bother with the tax issue.

really it's the city that screwed up, by giving it's gas away.

jillian is a perfect example of the kool-aid drinking liberal crowd. Nancy Pelosi could murder someone and jillian would make excuses why she did it and blame the victim...

I may be a Republican but atleast I can admit when my party sucks it up the ass.

which shows you know nothing about what I think. ;)

i, however, haven't seen you miss a chance to prove yourself a rightwingbot.

Oh...and I was correct.... the "charges" were garbage... .

D'uh. ^^^^^^^^

"The DNCC said in a statement that "the City of Denver and the Denver Host Committee informed us late (Tuesday) afternoon about this matter and told us that the Denver Host Committee will pay all applicable taxes and fees related to their fuel contract, as they should."

MyFox Colorado | Tax-Free Gas Deal for Convention Hosts Criticized

ya know if you actually get to the heart of this story.

it's simply that the city of denver in an effort to get the convention (and if you know anything about conventions...you'd know that cities go balls to the wall in order to get conventions) gave the dims a contract for free gas.

they didn't bother with the tax issue.

really it's the city that screwed up, by giving it's gas away.

Are they doing this because it's the right thing to do??? Or because they got caught???? That's what I thought...

which shows you know nothing about what I think. ;)

i, however, haven't seen you miss a chance to prove yourself a rightwingbot.

Oh...and I was correct.... the "charges" were garbage... .

D'uh. ^^^^^^^^

How are the charges garbage?

By the way Bush has killed us with his big spending programs and illegal immigration policy. I criticize him on every non-conservative issue that he supports.

How are the charges garbage?

By the way Bush has killed us with his big spending programs and illegal immigration policy. I criticize him on every non-conservative issue that he supports.
I had almost forgot Bush invented illegal immigration, thanks for the reminder!

I guess you are right, Bush should not have covered the over $1 Trillion in losses after 911 and provided resources for better security and the war on terrorism.
You are a true American Patriot. :eusa_boohoo:

I guess you are right, Bush should not have covered the over $1 Trillion in losses after 911 and provided resources for better security and the war on terrorism.

Another reason I wont vote for Republicans anymore. Attacking ones patriotism for having the balls to point out when their party, or former party, is wrong about something.

I had almost forgot Bush invented illegal immigration, thanks for the reminder!

And black-seeking hurricanes too. Don't forget that.

Are they doing this because it's the right thing to do??? Or because they got caught???? That's what I thought...

oh good point this is mega bonanza of dirt on the DNC it really stinks.

:badgrin:

just curious, when you make a purchase how often do really check to make sure the taxes were paid?:eusa_shhh:

oh good point this is mega bonanza of dirt on the DNC it really stinks.

:badgrin:

just curious, when you make a purchase how often do really check to make sure the taxes were paid?:eusa_shhh:

So you are telling me the Democrats had no idea what they were doing? These are the self annointed smartest people on the planet... I find that hard to believe.

By the way I always chcek to make sure the tax is somewhat correct on my bills but then again that gets back to personal responsibility... and we know the majority of Democrats don't believe in personal responsibility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back