Gas prices are skyrocketing because of Biden

BASEMENT, You need to get out more. Voting for Jo was like pissing into the wind.

Actually my office is on the 2nd floor of the house. The basement was my son's domain, I still do not go down there much.

I get out most every day either to the gym, the American Legion hall or the driving range. Hell, might be warm enough today for a quick 9 holes after work. The amount of time I now save from not commuting to work has opened up all sort of fun things

Yet voting for Jo accounted for the exact same number of EC Votes as did the 2.4 million votes for Trump in the state I live in. My vote was no more "worthless" than theirs. The joys of a winner take all system.

Actually my office is on the 2nd floor of the house.
You're just not the sharpest knife in the drawer, Ever hear of the term metaphor--look it up.
I get out most every day either to the gym, the American Legion hall or the driving range. Hell, might be warm enough today for a quick 9 holes after work. The amount of time I now save from not commuting to work has opened up all sort of fun things
Glad that you have such a wide world to range over. Twenty mile radius--careful you might get lost.
My vote was no more "worthless" than theirs.
That was one of the dumbest attempts at logic I have ever seen. There is only one winner. The fact that you threw your vote away was a vote for what you have. You in effect, voted straight up for Biden, whether you want to admit it or not.

Glad that you have such a wide world to range over. Twenty mile radius--careful you might get lost.

You travel more each day? I am happy for you then. I like where I live and spend most of my time around where I live. The wife and I still travel as much as we did before COIVD, will be doing our anniversary trip next month. But longer trips are hard when one spouse works 12 hours shifts and is getting more OT than they really want.

But the money is nice.

That was one of the dumbest attempts at logic I have ever seen. There is only one winner.

Correct, and who wins the state is all that matters (except for Me and Ne) and Biden won my state. Had I voted for Trump my vote would have had the exact same impact as my vote for Jo....nada.

The fact that you threw your vote away was a vote for what you have. You in effect, voted straight up for Biden, whether you want to admit it or not.

No more so than the 2.4 million people in my state that voted for Trump knowing he had no chance at all to win the state. Yet they did it any how.

My position is that you asked why the POTUS had to ask OPEC to produce more oil, and I told it was because the previous POTUS made OPEC cut production for the sake of our oil companies. This was a short sighted move as we now see as demand is far out pacing supply.

I am neither for nor against, they are what they are. They are based upon the price of oil (or the future price of oil). The price of oil is based upon the old law of supply and demand. More demand and less supply makes prices go up. While the prices are up our oil companies (and OPEC) make more money as they are getting a higher return without any added expenses.

You made the discussion about the taxes these companies pay, thus I followed your logic.
You wrote: "POTUS made OPEC cut production for the sake of our oil companies.
This was a short sighted move as we now see as demand is far out pacing supply."

Wow! Your position is that BIDEN shut down exploration on land that produces 25% of US oil/gas had NOTHING
to do with the increase in gas prices by nearly 50% under Biden. Is that right?
See that's the simplicity of the action which you are overlooking!
Trump INCREASED oil and gas leases... and unlike you I deal with the facts.
I doubt you understand the below chart but under Obama Federal land leases declined 7 of 8 years.
Under Trump they increased each year. Biden just continued Obama's policy.
I just don't understand why you don't use FACTS like I do to prove you wrong.
Biden's moratorium on federal land exploration has had a negative affect. It's a law of supply and demand.
Reduce the supply, demand stays the same... prices go up. Very simple economics!
Oil_federal_leasese.png

You wrote: "POTUS made OPEC cut production for the sake of our oil companies.
This was a short sighted move as we now see as demand is far out pacing supply."

Wow! Your position is that BIDEN shut down exploration on land that produces 25% of US oil/gas had NOTHING
to do with the increase in gas prices by nearly 50% under Biden. Is that right?
See that's the simplicity of the action which you are overlooking!
Trump INCREASED oil and gas leases... and unlike you I deal with the facts.
I doubt you understand the below chart but under Obama Federal land leases declined 7 of 8 years.
Under Trump they increased each year. Biden just continued Obama's policy.
I just don't understand why you don't use FACTS like I do to prove you wrong.
Biden's moratorium on federal land exploration has had a negative affect. It's a law of supply and demand.
Reduce the supply, demand stays the same... prices go up. Very simple economics!
View attachment 587553

This did not reduce the supply, US oil production went up 66% during the Obama presidency and gas prices nation wide got down to under 2 dollars average in 2016.

Seems there are more places to drill for oil than just Federal land.

Keep waiting moron, there is none coming. Those numbers NEVER translated to the pump in 2016. That is the thing about statistics and averages--like you, they lie.
Damn man, you are just too stupid to cut the losses, admit being wrong and move on.

Strike three. You're out.

That is cute and all, but you called me a liar and asked for a link, when I gave you the link proving I did in fact tell the truth you just attacked me instead of having the basic integrity to say you were wrong.

You are what is wrong with America today.

This did not reduce the supply, US oil production went up 66% during the Obama presidency and gas prices nation wide got down to under 2 dollars average in 2016.

Seems there are more places to drill for oil than just Federal land.
Prove it! Why should anyone take YOUR subjective, unsubstantiated statement?

In fact, the vast majority of the increase in U.S. oil production occurred on private land. On land that the U.S. government controls, it was a different story.

The EIA reported in 2015 that while U.S. oil and gas production overall were surging, production of natural gas on federal lands was declining.
Oil production is at about the same level as it was during his first year in office:

FACT is Obama signed fewer oil leases on Federal lands and as a result oil companies depended on higher priced private parcels.

US Oil Boom Happened Despite Obama, Not Because Of Him​

AP 'fact check' lacks context​

Haubert said that Obama’s policies tried to restrain oil production in the U.S.
“He all but drove the oil industry to non-federal lands, virtually the only place left to drill in America,” Haubert said.
“The energy boom began during Obama’s term despite his efforts to stall and stop it,” said Jason Hayes, director of environmental policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy. “President Obama was doing everything he could to stall and regulate energy with his ‘war on coal,’ and his efforts to limit oil and gas development on federal lands. The fracking boom happened on private land, which Obama could not stop.

Prove it! Why should anyone take YOUR subjective, unsubstantiated statement?

1642169912227.png

In fact, the vast majority of the increase in U.S. oil production occurred on private land. On land that the U.S. government controls, it was a different story.

Correct. But this did not in any way seem to hamper oil production nor profits of our oil companies.

FACT is Obama signed fewer oil leases on Federal lands and as a result oil companies depended on higher priced private parcels.

Correct he did. Yet production still managed to go up rapidly. Seems that there is oil in places other than Fed land

Forum List

Back