Gas prices are going up again

Revisit history
Bush lift offshore drilling ban oil prices drop the next day by ten dollars a barrel. Even the media tried to spin it that it wasn’t the cause.

bush did not lift offshore drilling off of FL or CA or much of the east coast.
7/ 15/ 2008
Bush Rescinds Father's Offshore Oil Ban

Bush Rescinds Father's Offshore Oil Ban - washingtonpost.com
7/16/2008

Bush Ends Executive Ban on Off-Shore Drilling and Oil Prices Drop 7% in two trading sessions

http://patterico.com/2008/07/16/bus...nd-oil-prices-drop-7-in-two-trading-sessions/

July before the presidential election?
A political election ploy nothing more.

7/ 15/ 2008

7/16/2008

Bush Ends Executive Ban on Off-Shore Drilling and Oil Prices Drop 7% in two trading sessions

http://patterico.com/2008/07/16/bus...nd-oil-prices-drop-7-in-two-trading-sessions/

He wasn't up for election...

You saying he was pandering to the McCain voters?

lol

7/ 15/ 2008

7/16/2008

oh so now he did it for votes? That's a weak responce since he wasn't running for reelection

Don't give me that "How do you know, you don't live here" crap.

Yep, you probably can, but that isn't what you said.

You don't think I can take the information dealing with construction and transfer it to any other place in America and determin how the economy is nationa wide? Yes I can All you have to have is access to who appling and recieving building permits and look at the new construction Jobs being offered in any given area.

Don't give me that "How do you know, you don't live here" crap.
Cry me a river this is my country, I have a vested interest in it's strength and well being, you on the other hand have nothing you are a outsider looking in.

So someone starts building a house next door to you and you extrapolate that to the whole economy?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not crying, I don't want to live in the US.
If I went by your posts I'd conclude that it's a shit place to be.

So someone starts building a house next door to you and you extrapolate that to the whole economy?

I do construction for a living. I help build buildings that create jobs for people to earn money. Your example is not what I am talking about. I don't do houses.

You don't think I can take the information dealing with construction and transfer it to any other place in America and determin how the economy is nationa wide? Yes I can All you have to have is access to who appling and recieving building permits and look at the new construction Jobs being offered in any given area.

Cry me a river this is my country, I have a vested interest in it's strength and well being, you on the other hand have nothing you are a outsider looking in.

I do construction for a living. I help build buildings that create jobs for people to earn money. Your example is not what I am talking about. I don't do houses.

Pardon me...so someone builds a building that creates some jobs next door to you and you are able to extrapolate that to a judgement on the performance of the national economy?

I'm sure you would have had an especially rosy picture of the economy if you lived in New Orleans after 'Brownie' did such a heck of a job in rescuing it.

Pardon me...so someone builds a building that creates some jobs next door to you and you are able to extrapolate that to a judgement on the performance of the national economy?

I'm sure you would have had an especially rosy picture of the economy if you lived in New Orleans after 'Brownie' did such a heck of a job in rescuing it.

Not one building stop be stupid, it's called the construction industry. I build mor than one building A scientist doesn't take one equation to show his finding's.

Not one building stop be stupid, it's called the construction industry. I build mor than one building A scientist doesn't take one equation to show his finding's.
Are you busy building buildings that create jobs for people to earn money?

A perfect example of no child left behind.
The sun is up. Go raise your flag. Ignore the made in Bangladesh sticker.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Are you busy building buildings that create jobs for people to earn money?

Things are slow right now.

7/ 15/ 2008

7/16/2008

lol

Yes I am saying he did. He was a republican after all and had his dues to pay.

You really do not understand how party members support their party?
Sheesh. You maybe should not post on political boards.

Last edited:

lol

Yes I am saying he did. He was a republican after all and had his dues to pay.

You really do not understand how party members support their party?
Sheesh. You maybe should not post on political boards.

If Bush was going to do this to help McCain he would have done it sooner than he did. I will say nice attempt and new tactid to try and swing how much of an effect what President will say that will make the oil prices to go up or down.

Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.
My gas station just said gas going up tomorrow 40 cents a gallon. Ready to go back to the bush era?

Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.
My gas station just said gas going up tomorrow 40 cents a gallon. Ready to go back to the bush era?

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

What else is new silly boo boo don't pay attention to the news... BTW this thread was started 2010....

gas-prices-inflation-adjusted.jpg

Just for you ignorant fool

How much will gas prices increase once OPEC limits oil?
Updated on Dec 09, 2016 at 11:09 AM CST

opec-consumer-impactbjpg-22d31a88bc5fd236.jpg

In this Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016, file photo, Leon Balagula changes the price for the gasoline at his Sunoco station in the early morning, in Fort Lee, N.J. OPEC's decision on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016, to cut production gave an immediate boost to oil prices, but the impact on consumers is likely to be more modest and gradual.
(AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

• oil prices, but the impact on consumers and the U.S. economy is likely to be more modest and gradual.

The cartel agreed Wednesday (Nov. 30) to cut output by 1.2 million barrels a day, reversing a strategy that produced lower oil prices and pain for U.S. drillers but saved money for consumers.

Even if OPEC members carry through on their promises, global oil production would only fall by about 1 percent. There is still more supply than demand -- the reason oil prices collapsed beginning in mid-2014.

The agreement has sparked a two-day rally in oil of about 12 percent to above $50. If the price keeps rising, some of the slack from OPEC cuts will be picked up by producers in the United States -- good news for drillers and oilfield workers in Texas and North Dakota. President-elect Donald Trump has vowed to increase drilling in the U.S., the world's third-largest producer after Saudi Arabia and Russia, which would help ensure there is plenty of oil.

In short, analysts say, consumers and businesses are not likely to see the return of $100-a-barrel oil -- and the high energy costs that came with it -- anytime soon.

Still, there could be some short-term shocks even before OPEC's cuts take effect in January.

"The average Joe filling up his tank may notice in the next week or two that gas prices move higher by 5 to 15 cents a gallon just on the psyche of the deal," said Patrick DeHaan, an analyst for GasBuddy, a site used to comparison-shop for gasoline.

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

What else is new silly boo boo don't pay attention to the news... BTW this thread was started 2010....

What about right before the bush great recession? You think it played a part?

Anyways I just heard Republican Rick Snyder just slapped us with a new gas tax to pay for the roads. Meanwhile he's giving his buddies tax breaks and telling us we don't have the money so he has to raise our taxes.

You people really are dumb

Just for you ignorant fool

How much will gas prices increase once OPEC limits oil?
Updated on Dec 09, 2016 at 11:09 AM CST

opec-consumer-impactbjpg-22d31a88bc5fd236.jpg

In this Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016, file photo, Leon Balagula changes the price for the gasoline at his Sunoco station in the early morning, in Fort Lee, N.J. OPEC's decision on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016, to cut production gave an immediate boost to oil prices, but the impact on consumers is likely to be more modest and gradual.
(AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

• email_80x80.png
  • oil prices, but the impact on consumers and the U.S. economy is likely to be more modest and gradual.

The cartel agreed Wednesday (Nov. 30) to cut output by 1.2 million barrels a day, reversing a strategy that produced lower oil prices and pain for U.S. drillers but saved money for consumers.

Even if OPEC members carry through on their promises, global oil production would only fall by about 1 percent. There is still more supply than demand -- the reason oil prices collapsed beginning in mid-2014.

The agreement has sparked a two-day rally in oil of about 12 percent to above $50. If the price keeps rising, some of the slack from OPEC cuts will be picked up by producers in the United States -- good news for drillers and oilfield workers in Texas and North Dakota. President-elect Donald Trump has vowed to increase drilling in the U.S., the world's third-largest producer after Saudi Arabia and Russia, which would help ensure there is plenty of oil.

In short, analysts say, consumers and businesses are not likely to see the return of $100-a-barrel oil -- and the high energy costs that came with it -- anytime soon.

Still, there could be some short-term shocks even before OPEC's cuts take effect in January.

"The average Joe filling up his tank may notice in the next week or two that gas prices move higher by 5 to 15 cents a gallon just on the psyche of the deal," said Patrick DeHaan, an analyst for GasBuddy, a site used to comparison-shop for gasoline.
How much will gas go up on trumps watch? Every time he tweets about bombing Iran gas will go up ten cents

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

Anyways I just heard Republican Rick Snyder just slapped us with a new gas tax to pay for the roads. Meanwhile he's giving his buddies tax breaks and telling us we don't have the money so he has to raise our taxes.

They did the same shit here in jersey 2 months ago. They raised gas tax 23 cents and the "compromise" was killing the estate tax and lowering the sales tax a whopping 1/2 percent. A bunch of fucking bullshit that helps zero people in the middle class

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

They did the same shit here in jersey 2 months ago. They raised gas tax 23 cents and the "compromise" was killing the estate tax and lowering the sales tax a whopping 1/2 percent. A bunch of fucking bullshit that helps zero people in the middle class
Middle class people who vote Republican are such idiots. You watch they will defend raising our taxes. They'll say the rich pay too much already and cry class warfare as they shift the tax burden more on us

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

Middle class people who vote Republican are such idiots. You watch they will defend raising our taxes. They'll say the rich pay too much already and cry class warfare as they shift the tax burden more on us
Well in my state the gas tax increase was proposed by the democrats who control the legislature. The compromise the republicans, including Chris Christie, made was to get the estate tax dropped and the sales tax decreased

Forum List

Back