Gas prices are going up again

The Washington Current: Justice Dept. To Probe High Gas Prices

The Justice Department will lead a broad-based task force designed to ferret out fraud in the energy markets which may be causing the high prices consumers are paying at the gas pump.

Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday announced the formation of an Oil and Gas Price Fraud Working Group to monitor oil and gas markets for potential violations of criminal or civil laws to safeguard against unlawful consumer harm.

Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.

Meanwhile - Obama golfs... dithers.... does nothing.....

Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.

You posted this OP back in Dec. The price has jumped nationwide over a dollar since.

I want to point out how absurd the Democrat's argument is.

They claim it's speculators.
They claim that the price can't go up or down from how much oil is available.

Nether can be true unless both are true.

The fact is we are seeing unreported inflation and Obama can't hide it because we all see it every time we fill up.

You posted this OP back in Dec. The price has jumped nationwide over a dollar since.

The fact is we are seeing unreported inflation and Obama can't hide it because we all see it every time we fill up.

Why do you think I reposted this thread? You hit it dead on target.

And this is different from the Bush admin years in what way?

It's different because of the way obama is handling the situtation. Gas went up with all Presidents but it did always come down. so far all gas has done is continue going up.

Presuming the this or any POTUS is responsible for the price of oil is ignorance on a monumental scale.

Presuming the this or any POTUS is responsible for the price of oil is ignorance on a monumental scale.

Now not totally. bush and his push to and invasion of Iraq did raise the price of oil. And perhaps so did our action in Libya.

But most is driven by speculators and demand.

and let us not forget that the consumers also bear some blame for buying guzzlers and being wasteful thereby increasing demand.

Last edited:

Now not totally. bush and his push to and invasion of Iraq did raise the price of oil. And perhaps so did our action in Libya.

and let us not forget that the consumers also bear some blame for buying guzzlers and being wasteful thereby increasing demand.

Revisit history
Bush lift offshore drilling ban oil prices drop the next day by ten dollars a barrel. Even the media tried to spin it that it wasn’t the cause.

Last edited:

Revisit history
Bush lift offshore drilling ban oil prices drop the next day by ten dollars a barrel. Even the media tried to spin it that it wasn’t the cause.

bush did not lift offshore drilling off of FL or CA or much of the east coast.

It's different because of the way obama is handling the situtation. Gas went up with all Presidents but it did always come down. so far all gas has done is continue going up.

Yeah well with Bush it took a major recession to bring the price down.

I predicted that with the recessions recovery $4 gas would return.

What recovery?

What recovery?

The official recovery, GDP is up, the market is roaring along. What more can we ask for?
If you are not doing well it is just your fault ;)

There is no debate among economists that the recession is officially over.

Revisit history

bush did not lift offshore drilling off of FL or CA or much of the east coast.
No. Bush lifted the executive order bannin drilling for the entire US. CONGRESS did not lift the congressional ban universally.

What recovery?

The official recovery, GDP is up, the market is roaring along. What more can we ask for?

That's the fed's loose money policy printing money to inflate the stock market for you. In medical terms, it's like giving the patient plasma, to keep blood volume up when they are in desperate need of whole blood. Can keep bleeding forever, but ultimately, the blood is useless.

And you're referring to economists the media will talk to.

What recovery?

OH yell the old economists know better then those who are living in the economy. They live in an insulated world with their high paying jobs, they are just like the political elite who have the money to sustain a long turn down turn of a weak economy. Tell the people who just applied for food stamp assistances that the economy is getting better see what they will tell you. Explain how good the economy is starting to become to one father who just lost his job. I bet you will win some long enduring friendships.

What recovery?

What more could I ask for?

We're paying twice as much for gas as we did before Obama and Wall Street is the only one making gobs of cash.
We can't get a loan to save our lives. Can't sell our properties unless it's at a loss. Food prices are sky-rocketing.

What more could I ask for.

Forum List

Back