Garland muslim assassin had gun courtesy of Obama

Assailant in Garland, Texas, attack bought gun in 2010 under Fast and Furious operation Chicago Tribune

Wonder how many more are walking around?

You forgot the clip to your link.

In May, Soofi and his roommate, Elton Simpson, burst upon the site of a Garland cartoon convention that was offering a prize for the best depiction of the prophet Muhammad, something offensive to many Muslims. Dressed in body armor and armed with three pistols, three rifles and 1,500 rounds of ammunition, the pair wounded a security officer before they were killed by local police.

Did you ever think about the reasoning behind Pamela Geller putting on a cartoon contest and prize offer for the best depiction of Mohammad? Do you think that perhaps she knew she would be provoking Muslims to anger with such an event and that it could result in someone's death? I believe she did, Manonthestreet. It obviously didn't factor into her decision to go forward and hold it anyhow.

The man who you are speaking of was considered by his parents to have been normal before this happened. Something in him snapped. While I believe he was clearly in the wrong to take matters into his own hands - one cannot wonder if he would still be alive - raising a family of his own if not for Geller's cartoon contest. Was it worth it? What do you believe her motive was in holding that contest?

That is what God is looking at for all of us. What is the motive of our hearts for doing what we do?

Is called Freedom........British hated it too.....guess they snapped eh

Is called Freedom........British hated it too.....guess they snapped eh

I know all about freedom, Manonthestreet. The question is what to do with it? You see, we have freedom to choose Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and we have freedom to reject Him as Lord and Savior. Both have consequences. One leads to eternal life - the other to eternal death.

Such is the truth about freedom. With it comes consequences. How we choose to use our freedom has consequences. Pamela Geller chose to do a foolish thing. To provoke people to anger who she could have otherwise won to Christ had she had her mind set on heaven rather than the world and what it offers her. The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the boastful pride of life.

That was Geller's focus.

I do not care what religion she is. It hasn't worked for her. Her using her freedom foolishly cost someone their life. There is no getting around that fact.

You see freedom is never more than a generation from disappearing. Guy cost himself his own life. Each makes their own choice...its in the Bible

You see freedom is never more than a generation from disappearing. Guy cost himself his own life. Each makes their own choice...its in the Bible

Show me in the Bible where it teaches us to provoke others to anger with foolishness such as cartoons, vile pictures, art work, lifting up nonsense, spending one's time on such foolishness. It doesn't. Geller is as guilty as he is. Sin is sin.

She could have caused many people to lose their lives that day. The loss of one life was bad enough. Stop making excuses for stupidity.

I said each makes their own choice and if memory serves Christ did quite a bit of provoking.....

I was clear on his actions being wrong - he should not have taken matters into his own hands but neither should Geller have invited others to join her in provoking a people group to anger because the law was on her side telling that her she could.

Wrong is wrong.

BOw down Jeremiah...........do exactly as the muslims tell you too

I am not bowing down to Muslims. Show me when I have ever bowed down to Islam? You cannot, Manonthestreet. The question is not whether we have freedom of speech, expression in this country. The question is - if you claim to believe in God? You should have some evidence in your life to back it up. Advertising a cartoon contest with reward money for the "best cartoon" (what is best? What is most vile? What is most offensive? What will provoke the most people to anger? ) and inviting others to join you in your sin is flat out wrong. That is the bottom line to what happened.

There is no Scripture in the Bible to back up what she did. That is not how we win people to Jesus Christ. When Peter cut the high priests ear off with a sword (in the garden of Gethsename where they had come to arrest him) Jesus put the ear back on the High Priest and told Peter in so many words............this is not the way we do it, Peter. Put your sword away.

It is the kindness of the LORD that leads others to repentance. Not provoking them to wrath (cutting off the ear they must hear about Christ's love with) by mockery, course joking, and foolishness. Pick up a Bible and read it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back