Game of Thrones most devastating death?

Game of Thrones most devastating death?

• Total voters
I have a feeling that Snow will be coming back though. The priestess Melisandre is in Castle Black and she has some powers. I feel the most devastating death is Shireen's, That led to the desertion of the sell swords, the death of his wife, and ultimately Stannis himself.

The writer's logic of killing off beloved characters is if they aren't loved, their deaths aren't as significant. Like Doloras Landingham in "The West Wing." So all the dead chars of GoT are dead and gonna stay dead I'd think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arya killed off eventually. Like maybe once she kills everybody off her list. Writer's message being when you spend you life seeking revenge, once you've gotten it there's nothing for you to live for. Something like that.

I have a feeling that Snow will be coming back though. The priestess Melisandre is in Castle Black and she has some powers. I feel the most devastating death is Shireen's, That led to the desertion of the sell swords, the death of his wife, and ultimately Stannis himself.

I thought of that one, but I think the rest were much more impactful. I will admit the Hound's death wasn't that devastating, but he was one of my favorite characters.

I have to go with Ned. I hadn't read the books at that point, so it was really shocking.

The writer's logic of killing off beloved characters is if they aren't loved, their deaths aren't as significant. Like Doloras Landingham in "The West Wing." So all the dead chars of GoT are dead and gonna stay dead I'd think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arya killed off eventually. Like maybe once she kills everybody off her list. Writer's message being when you spend you life seeking revenge, once you've gotten it there's nothing for you to live for. Something like that.

It is usually not a good mix if you want the show to keep going to kill off a beloved character. Killing off too beloved characters usually happens when ratings are splitting to spice things up. The GoT producers stated the were scared as hell to kill off Ned so early as the story dictated, because there were afraid to turn off viewers. However, it works for this show. It adds suspense, since the audience knows no one is safe. Just as Ned's death was shocking Snowe death was huge. I didn't see that coming.

It works well for the Walking Dead also. They killed off a bunch of beloved characters, however, they have recently slid into protecting the key cast.

I have to go with Ned. I hadn't read the books at that point, so it was really shocking.

Very true, I remember seeing that and I was like holy shit they just killed off their main character! However, that seems SSSOOO long ago.

Very true, I remember seeing that and I was like holy shit they just killed off their main character! However, that seems SSSOOO long ago.

That made mr. boe give up on the show. He tried to get back into it early in Season 2, but never got over Ned. Then when I updated him on other deaths, he's just wrote off GRRM as a lousy writer and serial character killer.

Forum List

Back