Gallup: Obama Losing Independent Support

This does not surprise me.

Obama's approval rating are going to decline.

That is inevitable.

That is inevitable.

The very reason that he is so anxious to move his agenda NOW -- despite the fact that he had prioritized his agenda prior to the election, like any good manager would do. Now that would indicate that good managerial skills have been tossed out the window, if ya ask me. Others seem to be noticing.

For the first time since being elected, Gallup is reporting Obama's approval as having fallen to 58% in multi-day tracking. Of particular note is the considerable decline in Independent support for Obama - down from an average of 60% to 53%.

It would appear the month's long disconnect between Obama's personal approval ratings, and dissaproval of his policies, is starting to close.

Earlier this week, long-time Democrat strategist/analyst Lawrence O'Donnel stated this is the first week the Democrats have felt "panic" since Obama's election.

Obama Job Approval Slips to 58% for First Time

Give us a call when Obama's approval ratings are a sustained 25 - 30% like Bush's were for years.. :lol:

Oh c'mon Sarah. Don't you all ever get tired of exaggerating?

Historical*Bush*Approval*Ratings

Well they were that low (sustained) over the last year but his numbers were pretty much in the tank since 2006.

Here's some more polling although I don't know why you want to continue talking about any of this much anymore:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Bush Job Approval

Give us a call when Obama's approval ratings are a sustained 25 - 30% like Bush's were for years.. :lol:

Well they were that low (sustained) over the last year but his numbers were pretty much in the tank since 2006.

Here's some more polling although I don't know why you want to continue talking about any of this much anymore:

Well see..... Here's the thing.... There was a gross hyperbole on your part, which, after being called on it, you're attempting to recover from it. And why continue, has been pointed out very soon after:

That is inevitable.

The very reason that he is so anxious to move his agenda NOW -- despite the fact that he had prioritized his agenda prior to the election, like any good manager would do. Now that would indicate that good managerial skills have been tossed out the window, if ya ask me. Others seem to be noticing.

Well see..... Here's the thing.... There was a gross hyperbole on your part, which, after being called on it, you're attempting to recover from it. And why continue, has been pointed out very soon after:

That is inevitable.

Recover? :lol: Obama is down a point or two after six months of hard work attempting to recover from a failed Bush presidency and your Rs throw threads like this one around everyday.

You can only wish he was as bad as your guys.

I had better go now and lick my wounds now from that thrashing you gave me..

Recover? :lol: Obama is down a point or two after six months of hard work attempting to recover from a failed Bush presidency and your Rs throw threads like this one around everyday.

It appears common for you to state things that are completely untrue.

In late January, Gallup had Obama polling at nearly 70%. As recently as May 2nd he was at 68%.

Obama is now at 57%.

Use your fingers if you must, and you will (hopefully) come to the realization that such a drop in approval is both pronounced, sudden, far greater than a point or two, and indicative of a considerable downward spiral that could result in a one-term president - and all this despite continued soft gloved treatment from most of the media.

Your boy is hurtin' a bit these days...

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

In late January, Gallup had Obama polling at nearly 70%. As recently as May 2nd he was at 68%.

Obama is now at 57%.

Use your fingers if you must, and you will (hopefully) come to the realization that such a drop in approval is both pronounced, sudden, far greater than a point or two, and indicative of a considerable downward spiral that could result in a one-term president - and all this despite continued soft gloved treatment from most of the media.

"downward spiral that could result in a one-term president?"

Are you kidding me? It is 58% for god's sake.

Why don't we just own up and admit that we really don't know if the drop following the honeymoon of his presidency is indicative of anything?

We don't know how much effect it will have on his ability to get his domestic agenda through Congress.

We have no idea how his approval ratings will look three years from now.

Why pretend we can read the future? How many were betting on Obama for president in 2005? Trying to extrapolate from a 58% approval rating after 5 months is stupid.

Obama is now at 57%.

Why don't we just own up and admit that we really don't know if the drop following the honeymoon of his presidency is indicative of anything?

We don't know how much effect it will have on his ability to get his domestic agenda through Congress.

Why pretend we can read the future? How many were betting on Obama for president in 2005? Trying to extrapolate from a 58% approval rating after 5 months is stupid.

It's actually 57% - he dropped a bit again.

And if you take that number and combine it with the less than 50% approval for Obama's actual policies, you see the disconnect that existed between Obama's personal popularity and his policies is now closing rapidly.

THAT is what has the White House so concerned now - and with the health care debate looming - a debate of their own making, and poll after poll indicating diminished support, that 57% approval could very well see another substantial drop.

A drop of more than 10 points in just over a month is significant - clearly indicated a strong downward trend.

The Dems are panicked.

Obama is now at 57%.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

His job approval is virtually a straight line from January to this point. Today, he is at 59% approve and 33% disaprove.

Polls are not meant to predict the future, his job approval ratings are consistent and sustained. Much like Bush's were only in the opposite direction.

And like Gallup, Rasmussen shows a considerable drop in approval - for the first time since being sworn in, Obama now has a higher negative rating than positive - with overall approval at 53% - but when looking at strong approval vs strong dissaproval, Obama is now scoring 32% to 34% - this likely indicates his considerable drop in approval among Independents that the most recent Gallup poll indicated.

Combine this with his below - 50% approval for many of the actual policies of Obama, and we see a White House scrambling to regain its footing:

Iran = 43% approval

Health Care = 41% approval

Government Control of Car Companies = 31% approval

Finally, we see another poll indicating voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on economic issues by a 45% to 39% margin.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Obama is now at 57%.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

His job approval is virtually a straight line from January to this point. Today, he is at 59% approve and 33% disaprove.

Polls are not meant to predict the future, his job approval ratings are consistent and sustained. Much like Bush's were only in the opposite direction.

Your link is dated - please keep up if you wish to discuss this issue seriously.

RCP always lags behind the more recent polling data...

And like Gallup, Rasmussen shows a considerable drop in approval - for the first time since being sworn in, Obama now has a higher negative rating than positive - with overall approval at 53% - but when looking at strong approval vs strong dissaproval, Obama is now scoring 32% to 34% - this likely indicates his considerable drop in approval among Independents that the most recent Gallup poll indicated.

Combine this with his below - 50% approval for many of the actual policies of Obama, and we see a White House scrambling to regain its footing:

Iran = 43% approval

Finally, we see another poll indicating voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on economic issues by a 45% to 39% margin.

Rasmussen only includes 'likely voters' which is different than many others at this stage of the game.

When looking at the 'issues' the disconnect between them and approval ratings is glaring. Which is why, in spite of the approval number, the White House is in crisis mode. They get it, even if Obamabots don't.

Iran = 43% approval

Iran = 43% approval

I don't generally perceive this White House as being of a scrambling nature. They seem pretty disciplined and generally on message.

Back to the original topic though, I just don't see anything useful in jumping on the most recent poll. People apparently (depending on which poll you are looking at) want to reduce the debt, stimulate the economy and revamp the health care system - three tasks that likely cannot be accomplished at the same time.

Where does this leave Obama? Who the hell knows, although my guess it doesn't leave him really anywhere different than last month.

I am not saying polls mean absolutely nothing. They can obviously be very useful. However, trying to forecast how the health care debate will turn out on the basis of current polling is reading tea leaves. Trying to determine the 2010 election based on this is silly. Trying to forecast the 2012 presidential election on this is even sillier.

Rassmusen polling has been questionable for awhile now.

Real Clear is very scientific polling which includes your examples of credible polling, gallup and Rassmusen in poll averaging.

Sinatra really doesn't have a clue about reading polls. Cherry picking seems to be his strategy.

Real Clear is very scientific polling which includes your examples of credible polling, gallup and Rassmusen in poll averaging.

Sinatra really doesn't have a clue about reading polls. Cherry picking seems to be his strategy.
real clear isnt polling anything you moron
they take others polls and average them
including gallop and rasmussen
:rolleyes:
you clearly dont know what the fuck you are talking about, and never have

Isn't that what I just said fuckface? Go have another drink, you bore me.

Isn't that what I just said fuckface? Go have another drink, you bore me.
no, it isnt what you said, moron, and you drink way more than i do
so you can go fuck off

Now the guy can't manufacture a decent argument so he neg reps me. :cuckoo: What are you 12 years old?

Obama's approval rating will vary inversely with the exposure of what he really is...the more people learn about him, the less they approve.

Forum List

Back