Gallup: Obama Losing Independent Support

Almost good diversion. Expected more direct from the likes of you.

Ok.. :lol:

You repubs are a little defensive today. I'm asking who is the they you are asking me about? I'll answer as best I can but the question is a little vague.

Rasmussen is a questionable polling source because they use a forced choice question format. I think they are manipulative, enough to show results that are always so different from all the others. I'm talking 5-7 point differences.

I know you are a Republican but did you ever ask yourself why they are always so different?

Gallup polls everyone, even if they are not registered to vote, and Rasmussen polls only likely voters, and since those who intend to vote can reasonably be presumed to make more of an effort to be informed, the difference between the Rasmussen and Gallup polls would seem to suggest that the more people know about Obama, the less they like him.

Did you mean the more Republicans know about Obama, the less they like him? The network polling is even higher in favor of Obama than Gallup. You should look at the averages if you want a truer picture.

You repubs are a little defensive today. I'm asking who is the they you are asking me about? I'll answer as best I can but the question is a little vague.

Rasmussen is a questionable polling source because they use a forced choice question format. I think they are manipulative, enough to show results that are always so different from all the others. I'm talking 5-7 point differences.

I know you are a Republican but did you ever ask yourself why they are always so different?

Gallup polls everyone, even if they are not registered to vote, and Rasmussen polls only likely voters, and since those who intend to vote can reasonably be presumed to make more of an effort to be informed, the difference between the Rasmussen and Gallup polls would seem to suggest that the more people know about Obama, the less they like him.

Did you mean the more Republicans know about Obama, the less they like him? The network polling is even higher in favor of Obama than Gallup. You should look at the averages if you want a truer picture.
ROFLMAO
you think Rasmussen is biased, and you trust the fucking networks :lol::lol::lol:

that is too fuck'n funny

I thought you just referred us to Gallup and RCP for a truer picture. What have they now done wrong to lose your confidence?

I thought you just referred us to Gallup and RCP for a truer picture. What have they now done wrong to lose your confidence?
any poll that doesnt look rosy for Obama/democrats, is a biased poll for SarahG
she'll throw any of them under the bus

I referred you to RCP for a true picture. They are the ones who average gallup and other pollsters. I thought you knew that. Sorry.

Bottom line, Obama is losing the Republicans, Independents, and centrist Democrats. He's keeping the core of DNC and probably would in any circumstances. Chris, Jillian, and a few others fit the latter category. Obama or Bust!

Bottom line, Obama is losing the Republicans, Independents, and centrist Democrats. He's keeping the core of DNC and probably would in any circumstances. Chris, Jillian, and a few others fit the latter category. Obama or Bust!

Well, thanks for that proclamation, Annie but we'll see how it goes. Again, polls are not predictions of Obama losing or winning anything. They are a moment in time.

I referred you to RCP for a true picture. They are the ones who average gallup and other pollsters. I thought you knew that. Sorry.

Well, the RCP average for Obama's approval ratings has fallen since the beginning of the month and the two latest polls in that average, show that his approval ratings have fallen and his disapproval ratings have increased. If you can add and divide, you understand that anyone can average poll results, not just RCP, and if you understand the concept of averaging, you understand that what you're saying is that if you include older polls, you get a better idea of what voters think today than if you look at the most recent polls.

Well, thanks for that proclamation, Annie but we'll see how it goes. Again, polls are not predictions of Obama losing or winning anything. They are a moment in time.

Sure they are, all you put your eggs in the basket long ago. Suck it up.

Well, the RCP average for Obama's approval ratings has fallen since the beginning of the month and the two latest polls in that average, show that his approval ratings have fallen and his disapproval ratings have increased. If you can add and divide, you understand that anyone can average poll results, not just RCP, and if you understand the concept of averaging, you understand that what you're saying is that if you include older polls, you get a better idea of what voters think today than if you look at the most recent polls.

If you look at the graph, his average numbers were 60.7 June 1, right now he is at 58.7. Are you saying that you see him on a downward trend at this point?

If he gets healthcare, which many think he will even with some Democratic questions, it will be a whole new ballgame for him.

Whoa.... Now that I don't get at all. It's the "core" of the DNC that he's REALLY screwed, what with his continual shifting from his left-liberal ideals to more moderate-centrist policies in order to get himself elected. So where's the discontent or even outrage from them?

If you look at the graph, his average numbers were 60.7 June 1, right now he is at 58.7. Are you saying that you see him on a downward trend at this point?

If he gets healthcare, which many think he will even with some Democratic questions, it will be a whole new ballgame for him.

Okay.... Who, exactly, is the "many" who think that?

Discontent with spending, discontent with the up and down policy , the lack of respect for his country is turning a lot of democrats away. The socialization of America is foreign to most and I predict Obama numbers will continue to fall.

Hey Sarah, if you are happy with Obama, assume all are. All will be right in your world. No problems.

Hey Sarah, if you are happy with Obama, assume all are. All will be right in your world. No problems.

I am and I do assume all are even if they disagree with some of his policies. It's not just my world, it's the entire world and they all really like the guy and are hoping good things happen now.

The Democrats will come around and support healthcare.

Fixing health care
Democrats: We must hold down costs for families and provide meaningful coverage.

Allyson Schwartz
is a Democratic congresswoman from Pennsylvania, vice chair of the House Budget Committee and member of the Ways and Means Committee

Health-care reform is the number-one issue my constituents raise with me, and a leading concern of business owners. For Democrats in Congress, health-care reform is a moral and an economic imperative.

Fixing health care | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/21/2009

Clearly, there is a downward trend at this time. Of course, that could change depending on events and Obama's response to them. I think it's unlikely health insurance legislation will improve his approval ratings since it will be impossible to deliver major changes without incurring at least a trillion dollars in new debt at a time when polls show the deficit is the most important issue to voters. If he opts, or the Congress forces him, to try to keep the deficit down, he will not be able to deliver major changes in health insurance and that will cost him approval among liberals, and if he manages to push a trillion dollar plus in new debt through the Congress, he will lose support among moderates and independents.

What is catching up with Obama is the disparity between his personal approval ratings and the much lower approval ratings for his policies, and imo, his ratings will continue to fall as he continues to fail to deliver on campaign promises, such as closing Gitmo, delivering major health insurance changes, managing the deficit, advancing ME peace or stopping Iran's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons, or continues to ignore voters' concerns for issues like the deficit.

You are right. If he gets healthcare its going to be real bad for him in two years. Any where from 1.5 trillion to 4 trillion more dollars. Who is going to pay for this ridiculous idea? You got some extra dollars to kick in?

I am and I do assume all are even if they disagree with some of his policies. It's not just my world, it's the entire world and they all really like the guy and are hoping good things happen now.

Fixing health care
Democrats: We must hold down costs for families and provide meaningful coverage.

Allyson Schwartz
is a Democratic congresswoman from Pennsylvania, vice chair of the House Budget Committee and member of the Ways and Means Committee

Health-care reform is the number-one issue my constituents raise with me, and a leading concern of business owners. For Democrats in Congress, health-care reform is a moral and an economic imperative.

just because many people want healthcvare reforms, doesnt mean they want Obamacare or Hillarycare
one major step towards affordable healthcare (tort reform) Obama has already said he wont do
if the dems push this through, you might not like what you actually get, and the results in the next election will likely surprise you, and you will then claim "stolen elections" like you morons did for the past 8 years

Fixing health care

Allyson Schwartz

Barack Obama's agenda: Push for fast passage may hurt legislation's chances
Democrats open to president's plans but disagree on some details
By Janet Hook | Washington Bureau
March 14, 2009
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's ambitious first-year agenda flies in the face of wisdom attributed to the late Rep. Morris Udall: Congress can only do one thing at a time.

Obama's deluge of wide-ranging proposals is straining the legislative machinery on Capitol Hill and in the White House. The pace is driven by concerns about the deteriorating world economy and putting pressure on Congress to tackle health-care, economic and energy initiatives while Obama's popularity is high and his momentum still strong.

Administration officials such as Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner are running ragged attending congressional hearings and speeches to explain Obama's economic policies. Budget Director Peter Orszag has already appeared at 13 hearings and formal meetings with caucuses and leadership groups on Capitol Hill, as well as at myriad other meetings on the president's spending plans.

Democrats are all ears but not enamored with many details of Obama's agenda. At a closed-door briefing of the House Democratic Caucus on Thursday, lawmakers asked Orszag to justify the Obama proposals to curb mortgage interest deductions for upper-income people and to reduce farm subsidies—two of the most sacred cows in Washington.

continued....

Barack Obama's agenda: Push for fast passage may hurt legislation's chances -- chicagotribune.com

In politics it's all about the trending data as those whose job it is to design a message or construct a strategy, do so with the coming weeks in mind vs simple reactive politics which can get real ugly real fast.

Currently this White House is concerned over the trending data, which shows support for Obama in decline, and support for his actual policies in even greater danger.

If they are unable to regain strong footing in coordinating the message from the White House, then they go into reactive mode and become far more vulnerable politically.

The Iran issue will prove very difficult - and the health care issue possibly even more so.

Obama is being tested for the first time as president.

Time to see what this guy and his staff are actually made of. They ran a great political campaign, but have yet to prove if they are up to the task of actually leading a country...

Forum List

Back