GALLUP: "GOP lead unprecedented!!!"

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Gallup: 'Unprecedented' GOP lead

by Mike Memoli

For the first time in history, Gallup finds that Republicans have a double-digit advantage in its generic ballot test.

If the election were held today, 51 percent of respondents surveyed from August 23-29 say they'd vote for the Republican Congressional candidate, while 41 percent say they'd choose the Democratic candidate.

Gallup has conducted this generic ballot test since 1942, and until this year Republicans never had an advantage of more than 5 points.

The poll also finds that Republicans are twice as likely to be "very enthusiastic" about voting -- 50 percent say so, compared to 25 percent of Democrats.

"The last Gallup weekly generic ballot average before Labor Day underscores the fast-evolving conventional wisdom that the GOP is poised to make significant gains in this fall's midterm congressional elections," the pollster says in its release.

Girding for a tough November, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee today launched its first TV ad of the cycle, targeting the open-seat contest in Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District. Rep. Dave Obey, chair of the House Appropriations Committee, is retiring.

The race is currently classified as a Toss Up by the respected Cook Political Report. Former "Real World" cast member Sean Duffy is the GOP nominee, targeted in this spot for his stated support for a budget blueprint from another Wisconsin Republican, Rep. Paul Ryan.

Ryan today said that blueprint is not necessarily the course House Republicans would pursue, however, if they retake the majority. But he cited the presence of a new class of conservative members like Duffy who would help the party restore its record as responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars.

"We just didn't go far enough on controlling spending, on reforming entitlements, and we let discretionary get out of control, especially earmarks," Ryan said of the previous Republican majority. "We need to face up to it, own it, and make sure we never do it again. And I think what you're seeing is a new generation of conservative leaders coming into the Republican caucus that is basically making atonements for that and making sure that we don't repeat those kinds of mistakes."

Gallup: 'Unprecedented' GOP lead: The Swamp

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-3.jpg

The American electorate does not like who ever is in power. Republicans gain power their popularity will plummet.

Our politicians cannot provide what Americans want;
low taxes and all the services.

We want our cake and eat it too. The politicians promise we can have our cake and eat it too. But they cannot provide it.

We are all spoiled and want the impossible from our politicians and our politicians do nothing but line their own pockets.

The American electorate does not like who ever is in power. Republicans gain power their popularity will plummet.

We want our cake and eat it too. The politicians promise we can have our cake and eat it too. But they cannot provide it.

We are all spoiled and want the impossible from our politicians and our politicians do nothing but line their own pockets.

Speak for yourself. most of us get up off our asses and go out and work to provide for ourselves and our families, then we pay taxes and provide for those of you who are too damned lazy to get up off your asses and do for yourselves.

generic polling doesnt always transfer at the voting booth
but this shows a bit of a trend

Speak for yourself. most of us get up off our asses and go out and work to provide for ourselves and our families, then we pay taxes and provide for those of you who are too damned lazy to get up off your asses and do for yourselves.
actually, i'd say he was pretty accurate
what he said wasnt in support of either party, but the truth

I can't wait until the Republicans gain contol of both the House and Senate. By the time next summer arrives, everyone from the far right who posts here will have had serious amnesia, changed their handles to avoid "I-told-you-so" over and over again, or try to convince the rest of us that the additional mess they got us into was, in fact, all Obama's doing too. And if they can't blame Obama, they'll go directly back to Clinton and build their little stories from there.

Any other conservative minded members a bit shocked at how quickly the landscape has changed politically in just 19 months. I remember being highly, highly skeptical waaaaaaaaaay back in Feb of 2009 when Rush Limbaugh publically predicted an unprecendented political collapse..............things were looking rather bleak!!

Now? Who knew as a conservative you'd actually look forward to watching "Countdown" on MSNBC? I tune it in several times a week as it has become an absolute hoot to see such a pronounced level of bitterness and anger!!! This guy is beside himself with misery!!! Its cant miss TV..........especially if you tune it in around 8:50 Eastern Time when he does his monologue!!!

I think even the most optimistic conservative has to be surprised...............who woould ever guess you'd see hundreds of thousands of conservatives on the mall in DC???:eek::eek: I never did.............at least not this soon after 2008. I knew the left would over-reach but who could have guessed to this degree of radical that the whole country would flip out!!!

I thought they'd have carted you back to your rubber room by now, skooks.

The primaries are long since done and certified, we know who's on all the ballots, wtf does a generic ballot mean at this point? We got names. :cuckoo:

generic polling doesnt always transfer at the voting booth
but this shows a bit of a trend

Dive.......what is amazing though is the number of Democratic incumbents far below 50%........even in states that go traditionally Democrat. Its historical...........and they rarely win because undecided's virtually always go agaiinst the incumbent when they start paying attention in October!!!:lol:

I Am going to go out on a limb right now and predict the GOP picks up 75 Seats in the house and 11 seats in the Senate.

the 75 in the house would be the most ever in a off year election. Beating the Democrats gains in the 20's of 74 Seats.

I thought they'd have carted you back to your rubber room by now, skooks.

The primaries are long since done and certified, we know who's on all the ballots, wtf does a generic ballot mean at this point? We got names. :cuckoo:

indeed...............clearly its looking like a Democrat landslide in November!!!!

corp_sample-2.jpg

I Am going to go out on a limb right now and predict the GOP picks up 75 Seats in the house and 11 seats in the Senate.

the 75 in the house would be the most ever in a off year election. Beating the Democrats gains in the 20's of 74 Seats.

Thats the way Dick Morris see's it now...........Im thinking more like 50+ in the House. Senate? Less optimistic...........but really, who cares..........getting the House back stops this insanity!!!

I can't wait until the Republicans gain contol of both the House and Senate. By the time next summer arrives, everyone from the far right who posts here will have had serious amnesia, changed their handles to avoid "I-told-you-so" over and over again, or try to convince the rest of us that the additional mess they got us into was, in fact, all Obama's doing too. And if they can't blame Obama, they'll go directly back to Clinton and build their little stories from there.

I have been using the same "handle" on well over a dozen boards since around 95. I doubt I'll be changing it any time soon. And I have never had a sock puppet.

if the GOP does what they did last time, they will get tossed on their asses in 2012

Yea, at the rate jobs have been moving, you will have to go to China. Hope you got your "Green Card". I hear it's easier to get in than get out.

Except the part "we are all spoiled" becaue we are not all spoiled.

Except the part "we are all spoiled" becaue we are not all spoiled.
he wasnt saying everyone, but the ones he was talking about is true
there are those on all points of politics that only care about what groups get the benefit and not that the government shouldnt be doing it for EITHER group

Forum List

Back