>
> 2, The U.S. Congress rushes to confirm a black Attorney General, Eric
> Holder, whose law firm we later find out represents seventeen Gitmo
> Terrorists.
>
> 3, The CIA Boss, Leon Penetta with absolutely no experience, has a
> daughter
> Linda we find out, that is a true radical anti-American activist who is a
> supporter of all the Anti-American regimes in the western hemisphere.
>
> 4. We got the most corrupt female in America as Secretary of State; bought
> and paid for.
>
> 5. We got a Tax Cheat for Treasury Secretary who files his own taxes.
>
> 6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.
>
> 7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew under
> charges.
>
> 8. A Labor Secy nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical conduct.
>
> 9. A Secy HHS nominee who withdrew under charges of cheating on his taxes.
>
> And that's just the first two weeks. . . but who's counting.
>
> America is being run by the modern-day Three Stooges ~ Barrack, Nancy, and
> Harry ~ and they are still trying to define stimulus.
>
> Stimulus is where the government gives a smidgen of your tax dollars back
> to you making you feel so good about yourself [stimulated] that you want
> to
> run out to Wal-Mart and buy a new Chinese-made HDTV and go home and watch
> Telemundo!
Scary, what's next?.............

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration. " -
Hillary Clinton April 2003

So weird to see you quoting clinton, you d almost say that you respect her :lol:

4. We got the most corrupt female in America as Secretary of State; bought
> and paid for.

Should we list the idiocys of Bush? You fellows are deathly afraid that Obama will prove to be a competant President.

Only if you think all your fellow posters haven't the ability to read past posts. Been there, read that.

If in eight years, Obama has given us two failed wars, and a major depression, then you have reason to critisize.

Should he go to war on the basis of lies, then critisize.

Were he to endorse torturing people, I know you would squeal with delight.

If there is a terrorist attack, and thousands of Americans are killed on American soil, and the mastermind of the attack is alive and free seven years after the attack, then critisize.

You people are pathetic. Your idiot created the huge problems that we face today. Obama first job is cleaning up after a bunch of braindead conservatives.

Should we list the idiocys of Bush? You fellows are deathly afraid that Obama will prove to be a competant President.

I'm trying to give the President a chance, and keep an open mind during this period, but it becomes increasingly difficult. Every day another slip, another shoe drops. It's difficult to argue with the items in the OP.

And now, what do you make of the gratuitous slap at our #1 ally? Why throw the bust of Churchill back? How can you see this as a diplomatic move?
Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

If in eight years, Obama has given us two failed wars, and a major depression, then you have reason to critisize.

If there is a terrorist attack, and thousands of Americans are killed on American soil, and the mastermind of the attack is alive and free seven years after the attack, then critisize.

You people are pathetic. Your idiot created the huge problems that we face today. Obama first job is cleaning up after a bunch of braindead conservatives.

well.....

obama just sent a batallion to afganistan.....so he is furthering the war based on lies.....

where is obama going to send those he captures in afganistan....oh yea he approved rendition....you know sending people to other countries that torture by proxy....

i don;t recall creating any of these problems.....i recall complaining in the 70's when we deregulated the banks and again in the 90's.....and every year that we sent more money overseas than we spent here.....

I'm trying to give the President a chance, and keep an open mind during this period, but it becomes increasingly difficult. Every day another slip, another shoe drops. It's difficult to argue with the items in the OP.

And now, what do you make of the gratuitous slap at our #1 ally? Why throw the bust of Churchill back? How can you see this as a diplomatic move?
Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

Well gee, I can only wonder why.

Churchill has less happy connotations for Mr Obama than those American politicians who celebrate his wartime leadership. It was during Churchill's second premiership that Britain suppressed Kenya's Mau Mau rebellion. Among Kenyans allegedly tortured by the colonial regime included one Hussein Onyango Obama, the President's grandfather.

I can't blame Obama either. Besides, Lincoln now takes Churchill's place in the same spot which makes sense.

Whoa! Why would he do that? :eek:

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Obama Throws Churchill Out of Oval Office

As the London Telegraph reported, Barack Obama has just returned a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to the British government. The bust was loaned to the White House in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks as a demonstration of solidarity with the United States.

Obama’s surprise decision to send Churchill home is both wrong-headed and crassly insensitive towards America’s closest ally, coming at a time when nearly 9,000 British troops are fighting alongside their American counterparts in Afghanistan. With good reason, there are growing doubts in the UK over the new President’s commitment to the Special Relationship. The President has never even mentioned the Anglo-American alliance in a major policy speech, and has little affinity for Britain.

The Special Relationship is vital to American and British interests on many levels, from military, diplomatic, and intelligence cooperation to transatlantic trading ties. If President Obama does not invest in its preservation, the end result will be a weaker United States that is less able to stand up to terrorism and tyranny, and project power and influence on the world stage.

— Nile Gardiner is the director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at the Heritage Foundation.

02/17 04:25 PM

Obama Throws Churchill Out of Oval Office - Nile Gardiner - The Corner on National Review Online

Are you people really going to make this big deal out of a bust?

What don't you get about THIS?

Churchill has less happy connotations for Mr Obama than those American politicians who celebrate his wartime leadership. It was during Churchill's second premiership that Britain suppressed Kenya's Mau Mau rebellion. Among Kenyans allegedly tortured by the colonial regime included one Hussein Onyango Obama, the President's grandfather.

Let's keep the record straight. I assume you mean Bush, not Obama. Iraq has been an amazing turnaround.

Afghanistan is yet to be dealt with.

The basis of the Iraq War was not lies, unless you think Clinton, Kerry, and every major foreign government lied as well.

America doesn't torture.

Success is not whether or not OBL is dead, since, actually, you don't know if he is. His battleplan has been decimated.

Your rant, typical of the left, is so five minutes ago.

Now for the point of this thread: It seems that you, also, are questioning President Obama, or you would not react so vehemently to the thread. Calm down, and express an opinion about the missteps of the last month or so.

I assume that you agree with the Stimulus Bill. Did you see that California home sales are up 48% from last December? Any thoughts?

DQNews - California Press Release

Well, he could have just made room for both! :doubt:

The move seems unnecessary and disrespectful, IMO.

What don't you get about this?

Would you keep a bust of say Hitler in your home if you were Jewish?

Or Saddam Hussein in your home if you were Iraqi and your grandfather was tortured by that bastard?

Or Stalin if your grandfather was tortured during his reign?

I'd sure hope not. I'm not saying that Obama sees Churchill as a evil bastard, none of us really know how he feels. However, if that was his reasoning, I can't blame him.

I wouldn't keep the bust of the man who under his leadership tortured my grandfather in my home.

Last edited:

Well gee, I can only wonder why.

I can't blame Obama either. Besides, Lincoln now takes Churchill's place in the same spot which makes sense.

The suggestion above is only to be surmised. President Obama has not made us privy to his reason.

The point is that a novice such as yourself might see this bit of personal history as a reason to insult our ally, but should not be expected of the leader of the United States. The part that you should concentrate on is that is seems to be another sign of inexperience, and a confirmation of a messiah complex.

The suggestion above is only to be surmised. President Obama has not made us privy to his reason.

The point is that a novice such as yourself might see this bit of personal history as a reason to insult our ally, but should not be expected of the leader of the United States. The part that you should concentrate on is that is seems to be another sign of inexperience, and a confirmation of a messiah complex.

It was a loan to us, honestly. The fact you or the UK Diplomats make a big deal out of this is insane.

Keep digging that mountain out of a ant hill.

I wouldn't keep the bust of the man who under his leadership tortured my grandfather in my home.

Please document same. You seem very accepting when it defends some questionable move by your hero:

"His step-grandmother tells Obama that her husband respected the white man's power, technology and self improvement, but he would never tolerate abuse and had even once beaten a white employer who tried to cane him.
'If the white man he worked for was abusive, he would tell the man to go to hell and leave to find other work,' she said."

HUSSEIN ONYANGO OBAMA :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Obama Family Tree

It was a loan to us, honestly. The fact you or the UK Diplomats make a big deal out of this is insane.

Your lack of any world experience is painfully obvious.

But it would be just as obvious if I were to tell you to grow up.

It's an ant hill, Robert, an ant hill indeed. If you think commenting on the news of the day equals "making a BIG deal out of this" it is you who appears insane, BTW.

Please document same. You seem very accepting when it defends some questionable move by your hero:

"His step-grandmother tells Obama that her husband respected the white man's power, technology and self improvement, but he would never tolerate abuse and had even once beaten a white employer who tried to cane him.
'If the white man he worked for was abusive, he would tell the man to go to hell and leave to find other work,' she said."

HUSSEIN ONYANGO OBAMA :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Obama Family Tree

Please don't misquote me.

Forum List

Back