Full steam ahead on Biden lightbulb ban

I'm glad there isn't more pressing issues facing Americans today than banning light bulbs. Gas stoves are next. After that? Eat ze bugs

That's OK, I must have a hundred light bulbs of every wattage to last me the rest of my life. People keep shoving LEDs at me, I actually have a box full of 60 watters I think around here someone literally gave me, but I've yet to use a single one.

I have one older CFT type I bought when they first came out. Cost like $10 for the single bulb. Still works fine but it takes a second for it to light and you can't use them on a rheostat.

That's OK, I must have a hundred light bulbs of every wattage to last me the rest of my life. People keep shoving LEDs at me, I actually have a box full of 60 watters I think around here someone literally gave me, but I've yet to use a single one.

I have one older CFT type I bought when they first came out. Cost like $10 for the single bulb. Still works fine but it takes a second for it to light and you can't use them on a rheostat.
I bought a case of three ways on line a few months ago--put one into a lamp last week and it burned out when I turned it on yesterday. I've used three so far since I bought them. I don't know what they did to them but they are doing there best to discourage use.

I bought a case of three ways on line a few months ago--put one into a lamp last week and it burned out when I turned it on yesterday. I've used three so far since I bought them. I don't know what they did to them but they are doing there best to discourage use.

I bought mine many years ago the first time they announced their discontinuation--- what ten-twelve years ago? The stores were all in a mass panic to unload their stock by a given date. They were giving them away at like half to one third price, I have bags full of them all from Sylvania, GE and the like.

I think since then when they kept making them at a much smaller production level that the big guys got out of them, sold all their bulb machines to foreigners and they moved production overseas.

The gas furnace cost is due to a requirement to add condensing technology - a heat exchanger which condenses the water vapor in the exhaust.

You are quick to call BS without putting in any attempt to read or research.
A simple fix and considering 1/8 kids in NG houses get asthma. Have they figured in that cost too?

A simple fix and considering 1/8 kids in NG houses get asthma. Have they figured in that cost too?
I think the actual claim is that 1/8th of asthma cases in children are associated with NG stoves...

1698622732838.png

The NG industry disputes the study, of course...

I think the actual claim is that 1/8th of asthma cases in children are associated with NG stoves...

View attachment 850397

The NG industry disputes the study, of course...

I suspect the result was decided on and the numbers cooked to make it work...

This is a very good idea. We can greatly reduce overall electricity consumption by using LED or other more efficient bulbs.

These bulbs save consumers money as well because they use less power and last longer.

Win for everyone, great job Biden.
Arent most people using LEDs alrdy.......can you even find an incandescent anymore except for decorative ones? We just redid most of our light fixtures because they were dated. Was using LED bulbs but none of the new fixtures require replacing anything.

Arent most people using LEDs alrdy.......can you even find an incandescent anymore except for decorative ones? We just redid most of our light fixtures because they were dated. Was using LED bulbs but none of the new fixtures require replacing anything.

Before I stopped using Amazon, I was able to score probably a lifetime supply of incandescents. Good bulbs too! Put them in all of the fixtures in my 4 bedroom home and in two years, two have burned out.

Before I stopped using Amazon, I was able to score probably a lifetime supply of incandescents. Good bulbs too! Put them in all of the fixtures in my 4 bedroom home and in two years, two have burned out.

thats nice......leds have progressed to point those simply dont make sense. Example of a ban not being necessary if you let the science or tech mature at its proper pace

thats nice......leds have progressed to point those simply dont make sense. Example of a ban not being necessary if you let the science or tech mature at its proper pace

Except in spots where I'm working and need the light to be bright and hard, LED and most fluorescents give me headaches and all kinds of other problems.

I use LED's in my grow room, where I grow seedlings for my veg garden, and they do okay for that.

Except in spots where I'm working and need the light to be bright and hard, LED and most fluorescents give me headaches and all kinds of other problems.

I use LED's in my grow room, where I grow seedlings for my veg garden, and they do okay for that.

The light bars we put in will blind you on high

Forum List

Back