Full Moons and Weird a Human Behavior

Iron Head

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2015
My job requires that I work with the public. When people are flaking out and acting nuts we joke that it is a full moon. Many times I will go online to check the moon phase. Surprisingly, 9 out of 10 times when I check the moon phase it is, in fact, in full moon phase.

Obviously this is not a scientific study. However, I have read stories that say hospitals and police departments report a jump in weird shit during full moons. Plus, there is the legend, or "wive's take" that people tend to go ape shit during the full moon. Many times there is a grain of truth in legends.

To make matters worse, this week's full moon occurred during autumn. At least on the Southeastern Atlantic coast, where I live, our tides run higher than normal this time of the year during both full and new moon phases. These are call "spring tides" (unrelated to time of year). Autumn spring times are known to cause dramatically high tides (up to 10 ft. here on the Ga coast). The idea is that if the moon phase can influence the ocean, and people are made up to a large degree of water, then maybe the moon phase exerts influence on man.

I honestly do not see the tidal analogy to be credible, as new moon spring tides, which will influence tides (at least where I live) just as dramatically as full moon tides, do not coincide with weird human behavior like with a full moon.

Then there is the fact that this week's full moon was a "super moon". That it, it was closer to the earth during the full moon phase than it is typically, making it appear larger in the sky.

Then if you want to getting really ridiculous this "super full moon" occurred just days away from "all hallows eve" and the Day of the Dead. Whoopty fuck, I know. But there are some idiots that are into supernatural bs.

This past week was really taxing on me and my office, and I have heard the same from others. Do I believe that the moon influences human behavior to a noticeable degree. No. I think that it is coincidence, as there is no scientific evidence of that (or, if you are into conspiracy, then there may be ample scientific evidence, but it is being covered up by the NWO government... ). However, the anecdotal evidence is amusing,

My job requires that I work with the public. When people are flaking out and acting nuts we joke that it is a full moon. Many times I will go online to check the moon phase. Surprisingly, 9 out of 10 times when I check the moon phase it is, in fact, in full moon phase.

Obviously this is not a scientific study. However, I have read stories that say hospitals and police departments report a jump in weird shit during full moons. Plus, there is the legend, or "wive's take" that people tend to go ape shit during the full moon. Many times there is a grain of truth in legends.

To make matters worse, this week's full moon occurred during autumn. At least on the Southeastern Atlantic coast, where I live, our tides run higher than normal this time of the year during both full and new moon phases. These are call "spring tides" (unrelated to time of year). Autumn spring times are known to cause dramatically high tides (up to 10 ft. here on the Ga coast). The idea is that if the moon phase can influence the ocean, and people are made up to a large degree of water, then maybe the moon phase exerts influence on man.

I honestly do not see the tidal analogy to be credible, as new moon spring tides, which will influence tides (at least where I live) just as dramatically as full moon tides, do not coincide with weird human behavior like with a full moon.

Then there is the fact that this week's full moon was a "super moon". That it, it was closer to the earth during the full moon phase than it is typically, making it appear larger in the sky.

Then if you want to getting really ridiculous this "super full moon" occurred just days away from "all hallows eve" and the Day of the Dead. Whoopty fuck, I know. But there are some idiots that are into supernatural bs.

This past week was really taxing on me and my office, and I have heard the same from others. Do I believe that the moon influences human behavior to a noticeable degree. No. I think that it is coincidence, as there is no scientific evidence of that (or, if you are into conspiracy, then there may be ample scientific evidence, but it is being covered up by the NWO government... ). However, the anecdotal evidence is amusing,

The evidence is neither new, nor "covered up". Murders, crimes of passion and general wackitude spike at full moons. That's been known for eons. It's exactly why we have the word lunacy.

Births spike too. A celestial body that close clearly has an influence not only on ocean tides but on human ones.

And then there's menstruation, the most regular natural cycle to happen to humans, and the origin of timekeeping...

Forum List

Back