Fuel-less lighter

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
Smoking is not the best habit first of all. If you smoke, stop.

I post this to show new technology that will likely have other applications and what happens when someone thinks out of the box. A lighter that never needs fuel, you recharge it with USB.

Shadow X Lighter

I keep a Bic lighter, a knife, and a tube of Chapstick on me at all times. The needs of a sailor, even one a million miles from the sea.

$56 for one? No thanks. The price will have to come way down.

The only thing it really has going for it, over a butane lighter, is the windproof part. And if you're constantly using it, it might be cheaper in the long run. But if you're rarely using it, it's more likely a butane lighter will be operating when you need it to. No need to worry about the charge trickling away when it's in storage.

Looks like an expensive, high-tech way of doing what can be better done in a much less expensive, lower-tech way.

Nothing new about a “fuel-less lighter”. My first car is long gone, but this relic from it remains—a fuel-less lighter from 1969, similar to lighters with which automobiles were equipped long before then, and continued to be equipped long after.

ZSC_6543us.jpg

Smoking is not the best habit first of all. If you smoke, stop.

I post this to show new technology that will likely have other applications and what happens when someone thinks out of the box. A lighter that never needs fuel, you recharge it with USB.

I am also using a fuelless plasma lighter and charging using USB. This is the coolest lighter I've ever bought. I smoke a pack of cigarettes every day. This kind of lighter can be charged once and can be used for about 2 weeks. You can know that its battery life is powerful. I can also use it to light a cigarette when the wind is so strong that it basically blows the trees to the side. Cool!

Forum List

Back