FU--Virginia

Oh, and Warrior, while I appreciate your offer to suck....whatever it is you like to have sucked, I will have to respectfully decline. Gays are what's ruining the country, ya know.

A deceitful OP filled with more belly-achin' sour grapes.

Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman didn't even try to get on the ballot.

Show us where they even HANDED IN any signatures. G'head.

One of your "8 candidates" -- DROPPED OUT.

That leaves TWO - two that fucked up and didn't even get 15,000 votes (a safe buffer) in a state of nearly 4 million registered voters.

That's .003% - when they had MONTHS to do so, and it was the busiest time of the year to solicit signatures.

What the hell does THAT tell you?

Republican candidates have better things upon which to spend their time and resources than campaigning in a Republican controlled state that will vote for anyone who is not a Democrat in 2012.

The Prez won the state in '08 and it's reportedly been trending blue, the results of last year's elections notwithstanding.

And before you say "2012 isn't 2008", I'll remind you that 2012 ain't 2010, either.

It only trends blue up North - where all the asshole DC politicians live.

Down here - we're all gun-toting RED-necks.

Republican candidates have better things upon which to spend their time and resources than campaigning in a Republican controlled state that will vote for anyone who is not a Democrat in 2012.

The Prez won the state in '08 and it's reportedly been trending blue, the results of last year's elections notwithstanding.

And before you say "2012 isn't 2008", I'll remind you that 2012 ain't 2010, either.

Unfortunately for you, the population density of the North dwarves the South.

Jerry Kilgore was counting on the vote in the south to beat Tim Cain. It didn't turn out well for him.

Jerry Kilgore was counting on the vote in the south to beat Tim Cain. It didn't turn out well for him.

The GOP will take Virginia.
No worries here my friend.

You’ve got to be kidding, this is the new lame excuse for Gingrich’s screw-up?

That’s the type of attitude that loses elections.

I wouldn't be so sure

I don't see major turnout for Romney. Throw in a third party candidate and Obama takes Virginia easy.

I wouldn't be so sure

I don't see major turnout for Romney. Throw in a third party candidate and Obama takes Virginia easy.

That's where I disagree with you my friend.

Actually they submitted less valid signatures then were required. If he had submitted 20% more qualified signatures than required he would be on the ballot.

Virginia law requires the submission of 10,000 (with 400 from each district) signatures of qualified voters. He could have submitted 1,000,000 signatures - but if he didn't have the 400 required from each district, they would be immaterial.

Why do people keep ignoring the 400 from each district requirement? If a major portion of signatures were gathered at the last minute from DC area rallies, then it's logical to assume they would have have had difficulty meeting the other part of the requirement.

>>>>

Probably because its a ridiculous requirement. Trying to rustle up 400 Republicans in a DC exburb district where they are just waiting for their welfare check is a difficult requirement.

Perhaps the requirements are ridiculous to the candidates that didn't qualify, perhaps even to most VA residents. Doesn't matter, the COTUS gives the state legislatures the powers to set the requirements. If candidates fail to have the organizations they need in place to fulfill the requirements, it's one measure of them the voters can consider.

An executive that fails to have the staff qualified to execute the requirements probably isn't going to do that well as POTUS.

Of great import here... tells me that these candidates had better keep a closer eye on thier campaigns and how they spread themselves with each State's requirements.

Interesting read here:

Gingrich also fails to qualify for Virginia ballot; Update: Gingrich promises write-in campaign; Update: Are write-ins for primaries illegal in VA?

You are welcome, personally I disagree with "open primaries". MHO is that individuals should have to register a minimum of 30-days prior to a primary and primaries should be closed to non-party registered individuals. Open primaries, again IMHO, open the gates to political sabotage. For example you have a candidate from one party running with no same party opposition, that means unscrupulous individuals can perform political sabotage by voting in the other parties primary and vote against a candidate that would be a major opponent and assist in selecting the other parties weakest candidate.

>>>>

I've been saying that Californians are going to regret the passage of Prop 14. This is going to be the first test of the new system with a combined Presidential/State Primary.

I think the first time that the top two candidates in a General belong to the same party (which is a possibility in California), people are going to pitch a fit and fall into it.

Our modified Open Primary system was bad enough...this is going to be a nightmare.

Our Proposition system is a cluster fuck from the git-go. I habitually vote no on all Propositions here.

There are 3-4 threads about this relatively minor glitch.

My guess is that MSNBC lemmings are watching THE MSNBC STORY OF THE DAY!!!!

yawn.

There are 3-4 threads about this relatively minor glitch.

My guess is that MSNBC lemmings are watching THE MSNBC STORY OF THE DAY!!!!

yawn.
Only reason that it seems so 'explosive' is that the O won Virginia by 6. Now couple that with the Idea that the Republicans seem to be doing everything to nominate Romney, no matter what the people seem to have wanted thusfar...and Ron Paul being accepted on the ballot (and his rise other places)...makes for good political theatre.

^ should be a :lol: after that last post, but placing a :lol: after 'US Soldiers killed' looked wrong.

I obviously was laughing at Newt making the ridiculous comparison, but because idiots abound, someone might misconstrue the :lol:

(kay?)

Let me see if I got this right. Gingrich couldn't get his ass on the ballot with all his resources and republicans feel sorry for him. The poor can't get an ID to vote and that republicans say they have no sympathy for them because, they say, it's easy.

Figure that one out.

Let me see if I got this right. Gingrich couldn't get his ass on the ballot with all his resources and republicans feel sorry for him. The poor can't get an ID to vote and that republicans say they have no sympathy for them because, they say, it's easy.

Figure that one out.
Some feel sorry...even enraged...the States have rules. Perhaps the candidates need to focus a bit more with the timelines.

I wouldn't be so sure

Paul could go third party...:eusa_whistle:

Republican candidates have LIMITED RESOURCES

VA Repubs have ALREADY chosen their candidate, and they've told him not to waste resources in VA.

This still makes no sense. Are you saying that VA republicans have already chosen Gingrich? So how are they supposed to vote for him if he's not even on the ballot?

If I'm not mistaken, that is just the primary....

Forum List

Back