Ft. Hood: Terror Attack on US Soil?

Was the Ft. Hood attack a "terror attack" on US soil?

• Yes, there was probably a conspiracy based on his contacts

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No, he was obviously a lone nut

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Need more info to decide

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
No sooner had the gunshots from the Fort Hood shooting stopped echoing than conservatives started trying to score political points off the tragedy. Their first move is to label the attack at Fort Hood as terrorism. Why? So they can say there was a terrorist attack during President Obama's watch. Having been unable to keep this country safe during their watch, they are now willing to do anything to spread the belief that Barack Obama can't keep us safe. BBC NEWS | Americas | US major contacted radical cleric What happened at Fort Hood was murder. Blaming this on Barack Obama would be like trying to lay blame for the Charles Manson murders on Richard Nixon. Heck, you might as well blame the assassination of Abraham Lincoln on Abraham Lincoln. He was president at the time, after all.
Randi Rhodes

What about the mountain of evidence to the contrary?
You really think "lone nuts" could shoot a pregnant woman? (I think it takes a terrorist)

Your politically motivated post says that you are more of a political hack than a fair, open-minded, thinking person.

No sooner had the gunshots from the Fort Hood shooting stopped echoing than conservatives started trying to score political points off the tragedy. Their first move is to label the attack at Fort Hood as terrorism. Why? So they can say there was a terrorist attack during President Obama's watch. Having been unable to keep this country safe during their watch, they are now willing to do anything to spread the belief that Barack Obama can't keep us safe. BBC NEWS | Americas | US major contacted radical cleric What happened at Fort Hood was murder. Blaming this on Barack Obama would be like trying to lay blame for the Charles Manson murders on Richard Nixon. Heck, you might as well blame the assassination of Abraham Lincoln on Abraham Lincoln. He was president at the time, after all.
Randi Rhodes

What about the mountain of evidence to the contrary?
You really think "lone nuts" could shoot a pregnant woman? (I think it takes a terrorist)

Your politically motivated post says that you are more of a political hack than a fair, open-minded, thinking person.

you should get out more.

List of Charles Whitman's victims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the shooter wasn't a muslim so it probably doesn't count, right?

charles-whitman-MED.jpg

My definition not one I have pulled from the dictionary or elsewhere is:

Terrorism is an agrressive act against a targetted people with intention of not only killing and maiming victims or harming them in other ways, but also to spread terror to those not directly affected by the act that they may be next.

I have seen no indication that Hasan was part of some sleeper cell or an organized plan of attack. So far this appears to be nothing more than a tragic random attack so I do not at this point believe this was an act of terrorism.

Immie

Who thinks that the Ft. Hood killings qualifies as a terror attack on US soil?

Only if every other multiple shooting is classified as a terror attack also.

It depends on the religion of the shooter you see. If he is christian and a nut, he is a nut...if he is muslim and a nut, he is a terrorist.

Well, at least according to fox.

You wingnutcases crack me up every time I read one of your posts. An act of terror is done to make a political and/or religious statement. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.

I think it does qualify as a terrorist attack. Even though the Major was or seems to have been working alone, the attack was made to advance his radical religion beliefs against unarmed helpless victims.

The term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically or Reliegion motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets.

The troops were unarmed and were not in a combat situation.

I should have kept reading, great answer. :clap2:

It was an act of terrorism. he did it for a specific reason, he so states said reason, the FBI the CIA, the DOJ all had information,, they all work for obamalama,, of course it falls on obamas watch..deal with it.

My definition not one I have pulled from the dictionary or elsewhere is:

Terrorism is an agrressive act against a targetted people with intention of not only killing and maiming victims or harming them in other ways, but also to spread terror to those not directly affected by the act that they may be next.

I have seen no indication that Hasan was part of some sleeper cell or an organized plan of attack. So far this appears to be nothing more than a tragic random attack so I do not at this point believe this was an act of terrorism.

Immie
I agree with that.

It was an act of terrorism. he did it for a specific reason, he so states said reason, the FBI the CIA, the DOJ all had information,, they all work for obamalama,, of course it falls on obamas watch..deal with it.
Yes, it's all Obama's fault, just like 9/11 was Bush's fault. So far, Bush was the cause of more American deaths.

:cuckoo:

Yes, it's all Obama's fault, just like 9/11 was Bush's fault. So far, Bush was the cause of more American deaths.

Even if this were an act of terrorism, I would not lay the blame at President Obama's feet. The blame lies only with the terrorists. No one forced the 9/11 terrorists to perpetrate that attack. No one forced Malik Hasan to kill 13 people and wound 38 others at Ft Hood.

The idea that our government is to blame for not stopping these attacks is crazy as far as I am concerned. Do we expect the police to stop every crime before they occur? If they fail to arrest the burgler before he strikes do we blame the city police?

Immie

Randi Rhodes

you know what Bobo i dont give a dam if you are the president and this Happened....i dont blame Obama, i blame the FBI and the military who apparently knew what this jerk was doing before this happened....and they did squat.....ALL BECAUSE OF FUCKING POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....."we dont want to piss off a certain segment of the population so let it go....the Muslims will say we are singling them out....we cant have that".....and Randi Rhodes aint no better then your teabagging buddy Rush.....

If it happens on Barry's watch its his responsibility. No passing the buck allowed, we all know at which desk the "buck stops". If he keep putting troops in jeopardy because of political correctness, which is what a general basically said, then the voters can judge if that is how they want things run. The country is on the "wrong track" and Obama doesn't know how to fix it....

Randi Rhodes

you know what Bobo i dont give a dam if you are the president and this Happened....i dont blame Obama, i blame the FBI and the military who apparently knew what this jerk was doing before this happened....and they did squat.....ALL BECAUSE OF FUCKING POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....."we dont want to piss off a certain segment of the population so let it go....the Muslims will say we are singling them out....we cant have that".....and Randi Rhodes aint no better then your teabagging buddy Rush.....

I agree with Harry on this, 100%. The blame is because of the PC crowd that has influenced our government to this level. Nobody in the administration wants to label this an act of terrorism. I feel they just don't want the label of terrorism because it would be on Obama's watch. Obama has an image that he wants to maintain at any cost.
This is the era of "Hope and Change." Not business as usual, which with this act of terrorism bring his presidency to.

Even if this were an act of terrorism, I would not lay the blame at President Obama's feet. The blame lies only with the terrorists. No one forced the 9/11 terrorists to perpetrate that attack. No one forced Malik Hasan to kill 13 people and wound 38 others at Ft Hood.

The idea that our government is to blame for not stopping these attacks is crazy as far as I am concerned. Do we expect the police to stop every crime before they occur? If they fail to arrest the burgler before he strikes do we blame the city police?

Immie

in both cases the us gov. had the information,, they should have acted upon it.

Randi Rhodes

Obama was not the 'one' to say, "Get rid of this guy." However, who is the ultimate authority of the FBI, the military, Homeland Security? Who sets the tone? It lays at his feet.

Immie

I just can't figure out what they were supposed to do. The idea that they were supposed to arrest a person who has not committed a crime is frightening to me. Especially knowing that I disagree with today's politicians in so many ways.

Should I be afraid?

Immie

Immie

I just can't figure out what they were supposed to do. The idea that they were supposed to arrest a person who has not committed a crime is frightening to me. Especially knowing that I disagree with today's politicians in so many ways.

Should I be afraid?

Immie

Seems there was enough information to get him out of the army and to take away registered firearms.

Immie

Should I be afraid?

Immie

That is a question that we need to ask, and one that we need to answer. On 9-11-01 the world changed, and if we do not take action and change with it then we are doomed to suffer more attacks against us. In this case you have an American Military Officer who is a Muslim and has been heard praising suicide bombers. Seems as though that could and maybe should be considered an act of treason. As those suicide bombers are attacking the USA. Can we start arresting someone for thinking about an act of terrorism? I believe we almost have to. Damned if I would want to have to write that law though.

Immie

they could not....it would not be Politically Correct....

Forum List

Back