Frustration With Polling Metrics Leads To Creation of unskewedpolls.com...

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
for those that keep blabbering about polls.

UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics

The PJ Tatler » Skewed and Unskewed Polls

There is a new website, called unskewedpolls.com, that basically reweights the data to fit the Rasmussen party identification. Their results are quite different, giving Romney somewhere between a five and eleven point lead.

Now, this should also be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, they claim (by the site name) to be an unskewed poll. In fact, they’re just a differently skewed take on existing polls. Instead of taking their numbers over, say, Gallup, though, what it should tell us is that even if the polls are being heavily weighted to Obama, Romney’s still essentially tied. Any difference in Romney’s direction in real turnout from the pollster’s assumptions would bring Romney into a lead

Proving once again the polls mean SHIT!

Last edited:
Yeah, I read a little of their piece on how to "unskew" a poll. Pretty goofy stuff.
We will see how their data improves upon some of the more reputable polls that have pretty much hit the nail on the head many, many times.

I have a feeling that the "frustration" comes from polls that are not turning out the way you want them to. But we'll see.

Last edited:
In other words "We right wingers are all butthurt that Willard is getting his ass kicked, so we are going to fudge numbers and make up our own polls to put Willard in the lead"

What an effin' joke! :lmao:

• Banned
In other words "We right wingers are all butthurt that Willard is getting his ass kicked, so we are going to fudge numbers and make up our own polls to put Willard in the lead"

You just don't possess any critical thinking skills do you?

He has skills. He's very skillful at showing us his childish ignorance. :D

Never seen a serious reply from him. :cool:

You just don't possess any critical thinking skills do you?

He has skills. He's very skillful at showing us his childish ignorance. :D

Never seen a serious reply from him. :cool:

When you post stupid shit like this and expect a serious response, you are insane.

That site is a joke and a complete act of desperation from the radical right to distort polls to put Willard in the lead because right wingers can't fathom the fact that Obama is kicking Willard's ass up and down the block in the polls.

I think any poll that declares itself unskewed is probably very skewed

Kind of like Foxes "Fair and Balanced" Declaration

There is a reason pollsters poll the way they do because statistically it makes the polls pretty accurate. If they thought this "unskewed" model would be more accurate, they'd be using it or something like it. Thumbs down!
thumbsdown.gif

There is a reason pollsters poll the way they do because statistically it makes the polls pretty accurate. If they thought this "unskewed" model would be more accurate, they'd be using it or something like it. Thumbs down!
thumbsdown.gif

its typical rightwingnuttery.... they don't like reality ... they try to create their own...

it's that whole truthiness thing....

Barry is up only by a few in polls that use the 2008 turnout model.... That is not good news for the empty chair...

2012 will not be the same turnout....

0bama is toast....

thumbsdown.gif

its typical rightwingnuttery.... they don't like reality ... they try to create their own...

it's that whole truthiness thing....

:lol:

You can't make this stuff in my signature up folks.

Last edited:
I don't understand... :eusa_shifty:

Is this a joke? Seriously...

A website that has text non-add links to all GOP websites and links to all Qstar news affiliates is "not skewed"?

Please tell me this is a joke..

A website that has text non-add links to all GOP websites and links to all Qstar news affiliates is "not skewed"?

I think it's an offshoot of the "Onion".

all the polls except one are skewed and are nothing more than a diversion, the only poll that matters is taken on election day.

I don't pretend to know who is going to win this presidential election, but it is already determined that we the people will lose.

"I don't understand"

What you really mean is...you don't want to understand. Everyone else did. Give it time and you may figure it out. Perhaps jilly can explain it to you. :cool:

Just look at 538.com. That will tell you all you need to know. Nate Silver is the best in the business. He analyzes wich polls skew right and left and has a formula that has been more accurate than any poll. Currently he has Obama with a 75% chance to win again. If he had Romney at 75% I would still say he is the best in the business.

Just look at 538.com. That will tell you all you need to know. Nate Silver is the best in the business. He analyzes wich polls skew right and left and has a formula that has been more accurate than any poll. Currently he has Obama with a 75% chance to win again. If he had Romney at 75% I would still say he is the best in the business.

they don't like nate.... too much reality.

Forum List

Back