Frontier Airline Passengers Now Being Contacted for Ebola Exposure

Second Ebola nurse traveled on plane with low-grade fever
DALLAS -- There are now two Dallas nurses being treated for the Ebola virus, and News 8 has learned that the second patient flew on an airplane Monday with a low-grade fever of 99.5 degrees.

The same one I already gave you.
There's nothing in there quoted from the CDC. You said the CDC "changed their story" and your link does not demonstrate that at all.

The Fox News link I gave said she wasn't symptomatic when she flew.

Which is correct?

Another source
CDC Woman with Ebola should not have flown Health - Home
(CNN) -

The second Dallas health care worker who was found to have the Ebola virus should not have boarded a commercial jet Monday, health officials say.

Because she had helped care for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, and because another health worker who cared for Duncan had been diagnosed with Ebola, the worker was not allowed to travel on a commercial plane with other people, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The worker had a temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit (37.5 Celsius) before she boarded her flight, he added.

See post 23
Second Ebola nurse traveled on plane with low-grade fever
DALLAS -- There are now two Dallas nurses being treated for the Ebola virus, and News 8 has learned that the second patient flew on an airplane Monday with a low-grade fever of 99.5 degrees.

The same one I already gave you.
There's nothing in there quoted from the CDC. You said the CDC "changed their story" and your link does not demonstrate that at all.

The Fox News link I gave said she wasn't symptomatic when she flew.

Which is correct?

You know they keep saying, don't worry, if you were on the flight, there was no close contact, but they are contacting all passengers. What if she sneezed or coughed on someone? What if she used the toilet on the plane and you sat on it after her, or used the sink and turned it on the same as her and she had any fluid in her hand? I am sure it happens. What if she had a drink on the plane? The flight attendant grabs the cup to throw it away.

She would have to sneeze or cough vomit or blood directly into a persons mouth or open cut.

Ebola is not airborne.

The reason these nurses got ebola is they didn't follow protocols. They touched the mucus, vomit, blood of the patient then touched their face around the nose or lips --

I think the Dallas nurses were more exposed than that and also was dealing with someone who had projectile vomiting. A person who is really sick is exploding from every orifice.

"""Deborah Burger, co-director of the nurses union, read an account of hospital conditions she said had been given from nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian. The statement painted a portrait of carelessness, with nurses who interacted with Duncan wearing flimsy gowns and protective gear that left parts of their bodies exposed.

"Nurses had to interact with Mr. Duncan with whatever protective equipment was available at the time when he had copious amounts of diarrhea and vomiting, which produces a lot of contagious fluid," Burger said."""

Nurses Blast Hospitals Over Ebola Safety

Okay, that is more convincing.

She wasn't allowed to travel and she did. She should be arrested if she recovers.

All the outrage yesterday about the reporter who broke her quarantine will not be expressed against this woman, I bet. In this instance the CDC will be blamed.

:rolleyes:

CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden said the newly infected patient "should not have traveled on a commercial flight" or taken any other public transportation because she had had contact with an Ebola patient at her hospital, and because her temperature was a slightly elevated 99.5 degrees before she boarded Monday's flight from Cleveland.

Vinson only became feverish on Tuesday.

New Ebola patient should not have flown CDC

At this point it is impossible to determine if she was exhibiting symptoms when she flew. These statements seem contradictory yet a 99.5 temp isn't unusual in someone that isn't ill.

Regardless, she was told not to use public transportation and she did anyway.

I think we are going to start seeing calls for martial law if this level of stupidity keeps up.

I don't see where she was told not to.
But, if indeed a registered nurse, she should have known better, even if they hadn't, since she did have an elevated fever. Makes me think she wanted to get back to Tx to be treated, just in case.
CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden said the newly infected patient "should not have traveled on a commercial flight" or taken any other public transportation because she had had contact with an Ebola patient at her hospital, and because her temperature was a slightly elevated 99.5 degrees before she boarded Monday's flight from Cleveland.

Vinson only became feverish on Tuesday.

New Ebola patient should not have flown CDC

At this point it is impossible to determine if she was exhibiting symptoms when she flew. These statements seem contradictory yet a 99.5 temp isn't unusual in someone that isn't ill.

Regardless, she was told not to use public transportation and she did anyway.

I think we are going to start seeing calls for martial law if this level of stupidity keeps up.

It was in your link:

Because she had helped care for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, and because another health worker who cared for Duncan had been diagnosed with Ebola, the worker was not allowed to travel on a commercial plane with other people, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Josh Ernest press conference shows his cheeks flushed due to questions. Never seen him so nervous.

Turns out she had flown to Cleveland to stay with her mother for planning her upcoming wedding. Hope she makes it to have her wedding. I bet she is young, no excuse, though.

Cdc Frieden just said new rules include no traveling for anyone self monitoring or contacts.

Luckily the original infected nurse is doing better.

I kind of feel bad trash talking the other nurse, what she did was stupid but she did risk her life to care for Duncan.

It's starting to sound as if these two nurses were infected by Duncan before he was officially diagnosed. I don't imagine safety precautions would have been very strict if they didn't know he had ebola.

"Dr. Frieden said that officials are focusing their investigation into how the nurses became infected on the first three days of Mr. Duncan’s treatment, when he was hospitalized but before his illness was officially diagnosed. They are looking in particular at what types of protective gear staff wore, he said, and whether they might have inadvertently become contaminated while removing the equipment.

“These two worked on those days, and both had extensive contact with the patient when he had extensive production of body fluids with vomiting and diarrhea,” said Dr. Frieden, referring to the two health-care workers who have contracted Ebola."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/ohio...sxas-health-care-worker-with-ebola-1413396205

Well...mark your calenders...21 days is the time we have to see if anyone else on that flight gets sick, not to mention people she may have come into contact with in the terminal, on the way to the airport, or her friends and family...21 days, 8-9 is the initial window...

Another bad sign....obama cancelled 2 fund raisers to have a meeting with his cabinet about this nurse...

Forum List

Back