From the "Let them eat cake" file....Why I'm not worried about inflation — and why you shouldn't be either

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Russia's war with Ukraine. A 40-year high in both the consumer and producer price indexes. A spike in the price of critical raw materials, including nickel, aluminum, copper and lumber. A skyrocketing jump in the price of oil. Supply chain problems. Labor shortages. Excessive government spending. Exploding government debt. A $4 trillion increase in the nation's money supply.

All these factors (and others) are contributing to increased inflation. But am I worried? Not really. And you shouldn’t be either. Change happens. This has happened countless times before.

Why I'm not worried about inflation — and why you shouldn't be either

LOL....One of the comments summed it up nicely. :laughing0301:

Gene Marks is founder of The Marks Group, a small-business consulting firm.

So he's not a "real" business owner, he's just a grifter with a business card.

Why are you worried about inflation? It's not like anything can be done about it. If Trump took over tomorrow he would have the same problems and be just as powerless to do anything about it.

Why are you worried about inflation? It's not like anything can be done about it. If Trump took over tomorrow he would have the same problems and be just as powerless to do anything about it.
This is what happens when spoiled kids have it all their way and a bump in the road occurs.

Just exactly what kind of cake is it? Is it Bill's wife's secret recipe for yellow cake?

The whole Democrat talking point about the Uranium One deal was that the 20% of this country’s uranium that Hillary Clinton gave to Russia was all exported to Canada. Well, that turns out to be another complete and total lie. Yellow cake uranium was in fact shipped to some unnamed country in Europe, despite a 2010 Nuclear Regulatory Commission claim assuring Congress and the public the new owners couldn’t export any raw nuclear fuel from America’s shores.

Just exactly what kind of cake is it? Is it Bill's wife's secret recipe for yellow cake?

The whole Democrat talking point about the Uranium One deal was that the 20% of this country’s uranium that Hillary Clinton gave to Russia was all exported to Canada. Well, that turns out to be another complete and total lie. Yellow cake uranium was in fact shipped to some unnamed country in Europe, despite a 2010 Nuclear Regulatory Commission claim assuring Congress and the public the new owners couldn’t export any raw nuclear fuel from America’s shores.

Yellow cake is not raw uranium it is processed uranium.

You mean capitalists? Who do you think decides what things cost?
Consumers do on most things that are not commodities.

You price your whiz-bang widget out of reach and it will sit unsold till you change the price.....Pretty simple stuff.

The consumer does not care about your costs, the consumer only knows what the widget costs is more than he/she is willing to pay.

Consumers do on most things that are not commodities.

You price your whiz-bang widget out of reach and it will sit unsold till you change the price.....Pretty simple stuff.

The consumer does not care about your costs, the consumer only knows what the widget costs is more than he/she is willing to pay.
Consumers are idiots for the most part and have no idea how useless crap ends up on a store shelf.

Consumers are idiots for the most part and have no idea how useless crap ends up on a store shelf.
And there you go, when something is priced to the moon for "reasons" then they tend to ask themselves.....Do I really need this new "rubber dog puke" or should I buy some clothes for my kid instead.

And there you go, when something is priced to the moon for "reasons" then they tend to ask themselves.....Do I really need this new "rubber dog puke" or should I buy some clothes for my kid instead.
The right is absolutely counting on consumer ignorance when they make out like all this is some kind of deliberate act on the part of the president.

From the deep, dark, cold winter of Biden will emerge a great light in 2024. As with the reign of the failed Obama ended with the great leader Donald Trump, 2024 will prove to be an even greater conservative awakening in this country.

Last edited:
The right is absolutely counting on consumer ignorance when they make out like all this is some kind of deliberate act on the part of the president.
Does it really matter, partly disingenuous or not the dems are going to reap the whirlwind anyway. :)

ist.jpg

Forum List

Back