From Parent to Child

This pretty much totally encapsulates a parent's heart for me, except to say "even when I physically cannot be there with you, my heart will always be there."

A promise for my daughter

I have a 16 year old daughter. God help me.

I had a 16 y/o 16 years ago. You'll get through it. We all do. ;)

I'm not so sure. She started school Wednesday. We had to buy her a vehicle because she goes to a charter school and they don't have bus service. So she wanted a pickup. Have no idea why. Well, she has a little job at a pet groomer service and doesn't make all that much. She asked me to fill up her tank. Sure honey. Jaysus. A hundred bucks! I may not survive this.

My youngest child, my daughter, will be 29 in October. We're as close as a mother and daughter can be. Hey, she's the main singer in a burlesque troup in Grand Rapids Michigan....:) And I love her performances! We talk openly about everything, and she's grown into a beautiful loving person that I couldn't be more proud of, but she can also have a pretty sharp tongue! I can't imagine life without her. Actually...almost forgot, she is a member here, just hasn't been on in a long time (her name here is YaMutha) :) ...

I have a 16 year old daughter. God help me.

I had a 16 y/o 16 years ago. You'll get through it. We all do. ;)

I'm not so sure. She started school Wednesday. We had to buy her a vehicle because she goes to a charter school and they don't have bus service. So she wanted a pickup. Have no idea why. Well, she has a little job at a pet groomer service and doesn't make all that much. She asked me to fill up her tank. Sure honey. Jaysus. A hundred bucks! I may not survive this.

“Mother nature, in her infinite wisdom, has instilled within each of us a powerful biological instinct to reproduce; this is her way of assuring that the human race, come what may, will never have any disposable income.”

- Dave Barry

Parents are not necessarily always there for their children. Parents die and leave their children to fend for themselves in the world.

I'm 60 years old and I could sure use my mother's help right now. But she's gone, long gone. 27 years gone. And it shook my very foundation when she died. I drowned myself in booze for about 12 years after her passing.

That's a good part of the reason I've never had children. Couldn't stand the thought of bringing a life into the world and then not being able to be with them and watch over them and protect them...always.

Parents are not necessarily always there for their children. Parents die and leave their children to fend for themselves in the world.

I'm 60 years old and I could sure use my mother's help right now. But she's gone, long gone. 27 years gone. And it shook my very foundation when she died. I drowned myself in booze for about 12 years after her passing.

That's a good part of the reason I've never had children. Couldn't stand the thought of bringing a life into the world and then not being able to be with them and watch over them and protect them...always.

The opposite is true also. One of my teachers died last week at age 90. I went to school with all 4 of his kids and they all died before age 40. Some genetic disease. I can't imagine having to watch 4 of your children dying.

Forum List

Back