From Cambrian to Permian in the Bible.

I responded to your post.

If you don't care to read it....don't.

You responded incorrectly. If you can't take criticism, get out of the kitchen. I'm sorry but I'm a stickler for logic, so trying to to get by with that kind of post is going to get you slapped every time. You didn't respond to my post, you constructed a tale that had nothing to do with what I wrote.

Au contraire.

If I made any misjudgement, it was in trying to be rational with a dim-wit like you.

Here is your post:

"Looking at life and saying it must be "the hand of God", despite all the evidence for natural evolution, is like looking at a heavier-than-air craft in flight and saying "it must be magic" without researching the mechanisms of aeronautics."

You've suggested, unbeknownst to you, that it is unrealistic to suggest the hand of God in creation.

Once again....that was the implication of YOUR post.

Deny that?
No?
Good.

Then I provided the link to an article by a physicist who states that science is in a quandary...
...and has posited that there are multiple universes each with every permutation and combination of 'natural laws.'

This was my response to YOUR suggestion that theology was irrational.
This idea is at least as irrational as any belief in God.

Except for a dim-wit who has been wrong so often he searches for any way to 'win a point'...that would be you. So...do you like getting "slapped every time"? Raise your paw.

BTW...."despite all the evidence for natural evolution"....proves you know less than nothing.

I guess it's your right to hi-jack your own thread. Just don't expect me to dance to your tune. Please tell us what you think, because you're doing a pretty lousy job of telling us what I think. I'll speak for myself, thank you. Perhaps you should go back and reread my posts with dictionary in hand. :cool:

Looking at life and saying it must be "the hand of God", despite all the evidence for natural evolution, is like looking at a heavier-than-air craft in flight and saying "it must be magic" without researching the mechanisms of aeronautics.

now speaking of evolution. if we all evolved from the same original single cell that developed out of some nitrogen rich pool millions of years ago, why is it that out of all of the millions of species only man has developed as an individual? and only man has developed with the level of intelligence, ability to reason, develop, build, control the world and dominate the other species. all other species have the basic functions of reproduction, gather food and energy to survive, the basic traits. But only man has developed to the level we have. i mean if it truly was evolution alone, why is it only us who have developled on this advanced path? and why is it that only man is a unique species? i mean for mammals there are horse and sheep and cows and cats and dogs. fish have bass and trout and flounder and marlin. and this hold true for every other category. but there is only one man. we are the only species that has developed singularly and unique. like the bible says

And this:

Sir John Maddox, editor emeritus of the foremost journal of science, Nature, wrote in a classic Time magazine essay, “How the brain manages to think is a conundrum with a millennial time scale. All animals have brains so as to be able to move about. Signals from the senses- eyes, ears, nostrils, or skin, as the case may be- send messages to the spinal cord, which moves the limbs appropriately. But thinking involves the consideration of alternative responses, many of which have not been experienced but have been merely imagined. The faculty of being conscious of what is going on in the head is an extra puzzle.” (“Thinking,” March 29, 1999, p. 206)

BTW...if you've been to the Vatican, or seen the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel....take a look at the shape of the dark cloak on which God sits as he reaches out an gifts Adam.....

It is the silhouette of a human cerebrum....

The gift is not just life....it is 'thinking.'

You responded incorrectly. If you can't take criticism, get out of the kitchen. I'm sorry but I'm a stickler for logic, so trying to to get by with that kind of post is going to get you slapped every time. You didn't respond to my post, you constructed a tale that had nothing to do with what I wrote.

Au contraire.

If I made any misjudgement, it was in trying to be rational with a dim-wit like you.

Here is your post:

"Looking at life and saying it must be "the hand of God", despite all the evidence for natural evolution, is like looking at a heavier-than-air craft in flight and saying "it must be magic" without researching the mechanisms of aeronautics."

You've suggested, unbeknownst to you, that it is unrealistic to suggest the hand of God in creation.

Once again....that was the implication of YOUR post.

Deny that?
No?
Good.

Then I provided the link to an article by a physicist who states that science is in a quandary...
...and has posited that there are multiple universes each with every permutation and combination of 'natural laws.'

This was my response to YOUR suggestion that theology was irrational.
This idea is at least as irrational as any belief in God.

Except for a dim-wit who has been wrong so often he searches for any way to 'win a point'...that would be you. So...do you like getting "slapped every time"? Raise your paw.

BTW...."despite all the evidence for natural evolution"....proves you know less than nothing.

I guess it's your right to hi-jack your own thread. Just don't expect me to dance to your tune. Please tell us what you think, because you're doing a pretty lousy job of telling us what I think. I'll speak for myself, thank you. Perhaps you should go back and reread my posts with dictionary in hand. :cool:

As I showed, I simply responded to your post.

Too bad you think as poorly as you dance.

It's a math question, konny...

...and mathematics is the language of science.

Again?

What are the odds of the writer of Genesis 1 just happening to name the events in the order that modern science finds correct.....

Don't you like math questions?

But, whoever wrote the bible, didn't name the events in the order that modern science finds correct, and there are two genesis accounts, which contradict eachother, so your premise fails to get off the ground at all. I've pointed this out to you, but you don't seem to care. You just reload and reassert the same thing, over and over again.

1. The basis of discussion is Genesis, chapter 1.

2. "...didn't name the events in the order that modern science finds correct,..."

Light, the earth, seas, plant life, abundant life in the seas, all creatures....

In the correct order as per modern science.

Are you even aware of what genesis 1 says?

1. In the Beginning God created heaven and the earth.

3. And god said, let there be light: and there was light.

(KJV)

If you know anything about Big Bang cosmology, you know that light came first, and then the earth, far later.

Numbered (for easy comparison so you don't get this confused), this would be:

1. Light

2. Earth

This is diametrically opposed to what genesis reads.

Last edited:
But, whoever wrote the bible, didn't name the events in the order that modern science finds correct, and there are two genesis accounts, which contradict eachother, so your premise fails to get off the ground at all. I've pointed this out to you, but you don't seem to care. You just reload and reassert the same thing, over and over again.

2. "...didn't name the events in the order that modern science finds correct,..."

Light, the earth, seas, plant life, abundant life in the seas, all creatures....

(KJV)

If you know anything about Big Bang cosmology, you know that light came first, and then the earth, far later.

1. Light

2. Earth

For your edification....useless though it be....

Explosion (light)...

Earth...

Seas....

Plant life...

Abundant life....

Every living creature....

(KJV)

1. Light

2. Earth

Explosion (light)...

Earth...

Seas....

Plant life...

Abundant life....

I feel bad for you I really do. Maybe you should go have your sight checked or your head examined. One or the other is definitely suffering.

Let me make this real simple:

Science: Light----> Earth

(Big Bang Cosmology: hopefully common knowledge by know, which you seem to agree to)

Genesis: Earth---->Light

(1 Gen 1: In the Beginning God created Heaven and Earth. This means that the first thing he did, was created the earth, which means that the first thing he DIDN'T do, was create light. This should be pretty easy to understand, but you seem to be having a hard time with it)

See how these two timelines are different? Okay. This means that one of them has to be false! Can we at least agree to that? Or, are you honestly that ignorant to your own bible?

Last edited:

(KJV)

1. Light

2. Earth

Explosion (light)...

Earth...

Seas....

Plant life...

Abundant life....

I feel bad for you I really do. Maybe you should go have your sight checked or your head examined. One or the other is definitely suffering.

Let me make this real simple:

Science: Light----> Earth

(Big Bang Cosmology: hopefully common knowledge by know, which you seem to agree to)

Genesis: Earth---->Light

(1 Gen 1: In the Beginning God created Heaven and Earth. This means that the first thing he did, was created the earth, which means that the first thing he DIDN'T do, was create light. This should be pretty easy to understand, but you seem to be having a hard time with it)

See how these two timelines are different? Okay. This means that one of them has to be false! Can we at least agree to that? Or, are you honestly that ignorant to your own bible?

"In the Beginning God created Heaven and Earth. This means that the first thing he did,...was created the earth,..."

What was created was the space for the earth: "And the earth was without form,..."

1. God’s first command in Genesis is “Let there be light.” Nor is this the only introduction of light in the Genesis creation account, but it is the first, it represents the beginning of the formation of our solar system.

2. And that was ‘The Big Bang’…some 13,700 million years ago. Quite an event…it lasted just 10 to the minus 35th seconds, beginning the universe, generating time and space, as well as all the matter and energy that the universe would ever, ever, contain!

3. The basic forces of nature emerged- first gravity, then the strong force that holds the nuclei of atoms together (no atoms existed at this time), followed by weaker, then ‘electromagnetic’ forces. By the end of the first second, there were quarks and electrons, nutrinos, some other stuff….and, later, some of them smashed together to form protons and neutrons.

a. "Let there be light" was the big bang. There were no atoms, no sun. The light of the sun is referred to later.

4. Probably anyone writing a creation account should have begun with the idea of the formation of the sun and the planets….shouldn’t they?
Without the sun…how could Genesis refer to the ‘days’ of creation?
So…“Let there be light” doesn’t really entail much….does it? It makes intuitive sense.

a. Even the pagan world figured this out: most tended to worship the sun as the source of all life.
But Genesis doesn’t speak of the sun…..only of light, until verses 14-19.

b. Big Bang…explosion….energy….light. But no atoms to form the sun for some time. And certainly no atoms to form the earth: "The earth was without form."
Light…but no sun?
So says science.
And so says Genesis.

"I feel bad for you I really do. Maybe you should go have your sight checked or your head examined."

So, you see, you needn't have felt bad for me....I'm here to instruct you.

But let's remember: I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.
It seems that that ability has been denied you.....so sad.

The Book of Genesis, Chapter 1

You clearly are too stupid to understand words... or, you are so scared that your bible is wrong, which it is, that you lie to yourself that the words don't actually say what they say. This is called "insanity." Again, I feel bad for you. Please get help.

The Book of Genesis

Chapter 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

You clearly are too stupid to understand words... or, you are so scared that your bible is wrong, which it is, that you lie to yourself that the words don't actually say what they say. This is called "insanity." Again, I feel bad for you. Please get help.

The Book of Genesis

Chapter 1

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Wow....you seem to have the uncanny ability to discover that which has been discovered before!

You think I’m sarcastic?
Watch me pretend to care.

The Book of Genesis

Chapter 1

Wow....you seem to have the uncanny ability to discover that which has been discovered before!

You think I’m sarcastic?

By your lack of response, is it safe to assume you admit defeat? If not, please point out where I am wrong, because as far as I can see, the bible clearly states that god created the earth and then the light, which is the opposite of the cosmology. As such, and unless you can counter somehow, will you please stop posting threads that rest on the premise of the genesis being scientifically accurate? That would be great. Thank you.

The Book of Genesis

Chapter 1

You think I’m sarcastic?

By your lack of response, is it safe to assume you admit defeat? If not, please point out where I am wrong, because as far as I can see, the bible clearly states that god created the earth and then the light, which is the opposite of the cosmology. As such, and unless you can counter somehow, will you please stop posting threads that rest on the premise of the genesis being scientifically accurate? That would be great. Thank you.

Post #47 answered what you went on to post in #48....

I stated that you don't have the ability to comprehend, and you insist on proving the truth of that statement.

Beyond constantly proving that you have no ability beyond entertainment value, you moved on to the next level: proving that you don't mind being constantly embarrassed.

Since you've made it impossible to pretend that you're normal....the kindest thing I can do is avert my eyes, and pretend you're not there.

From the cited work on the Gap Theory:

As you might have guessed, biblical support for the gap theory is extremely thin. In fact, both the Bible and scientific theory contradict the construct on various points.

What Is The Gap Theory - Exploring Gap Creationism, The Ruin-Reconstruction Theory

I'm not asking you to support the gap theory, merely pointing out that there are attempts, even among fundamentalists, to incorporate a timeline different from a strict six-day narrative for creation.

The series of OP's on the chapter one of Genesis show the agreement as to the sequence of events.

The question remains: a guess?
What are the odds?

So just re-write the bibles (again), in hopeless attempts to cover the errors and contradictions.

You think I’m sarcastic?

Post #47 answered what you went on to post in #48....

I stated that you don't have the ability to comprehend, and you insist on proving the truth of that statement.

Beyond constantly proving that you have no ability beyond entertainment value, you moved on to the next level: proving that you don't mind being constantly embarrassed.

Since you've made it impossible to pretend that you're normal....the kindest thing I can do is avert my eyes, and pretend you're not there.

To believe that genesis doesn't declare that god made Earth first, when in genesis it clearly and unequivocally states this, is insane. You are essentially trying to say that genesis 1 doesn't state that the earth was created first, when it does. No where later does god then create earth, if he didn't first. So therefore, where did the earth come from? This enormous fact would be missing in your insane hermeneutic. The fact that I have to explain the chronology of a numbered list, is ridiculous. 1 comes before 2 comes before 3 comes before 4.

I'm genuinely curiously as to your hermeunetic method here in trying to establish the what is written is not what is actually meant, when it is something to explicit and simple. Please, divulge your reasoning. Post 47 did nothing to change what gen1 says. You are merely performing mental gymnastics to get around the obvious, because you can't stand the thought that maybe the bronze age authors of this text knew nothing about creation, the order of creation, or the nature of the universe. The fact that they mention a firmament from which water walls, should be indication enough that they had no scientific knowledge. It is sad watchin someone so desperate to preserve their cherished beliefs when they simplyi don't map to reality.

Last edited:
1. The sequence of events from the creation of the universe, to the present, begin with great explosion that produces the universe, including the earth...

...or, divine intervention?

You try way too hard to get your beliefs to coincide with science. It's almost too difficult to watch.

Well, then....stop peeking.

Forum List

Back