Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

The 20 bucks they took out of ours won't hurt us much. Thank God we are older and don't eat much any more. No sodas, no ho ho's, twinkies for the hubby maybe one a week...possibly two, so a whole box package lasts 2 to 3 weeks. I only eat ground turkey and it's cheap, so that lasts me a long time. Neither of us eat bread any more, but he loves his krafy mac and cheese with a side of ranch beans. Beans are cheap.Everyone just has to tighten their belts and cut some corners. We will survive this. And in 3 years when a new president is sitting in office, we can hope things will be much better, yes? But next year...I won't need the food assistance. Yay!

I was in the grocery store today, and there was this couple of females (looked like mother and daughter) That had 2 carts over filling stacked so high all I could see was the mom's head. Guess how they paid? And guess what else, I had no choice but to stand watch and think.

Were they walking skeletons or could they give Santa Claus a run for his money at the Bowl Full of Jelly Awards? Were they able bodied? Could they sit at a desk and run a computer? Maybe sweep bathroom floors? Any reason that you could see that they should be on the government dole?

Last edited:
No, in no way did I advocate pushing children through a system they have not 'mastered.' But you cannot keep a large, mature child back in middle school when all his/her contemporaries are in high school. All schools in America, primary through high school, have special needs teachers and special need classes. We let kids into high school no matter what their ability and have them work with special needs teachers. The fact their abilities are low is not the fault of the schools but the fault of special needs these kids have regarding social, cognitive, or emotional issues. This is what is different in America as opposed to Japan: such problems are much more common in America, or at least more often recognized. We don't push our kids to succeed despite their special needs or abilities; we don't push success on our kids to the point they are regularly committing suicide.

Not everyone is equal. Not everyone is destined to do well academically. My position is that certain kids should be tracked for college and others for vocational studies. When schools accept that as a way of functioning, everyone will be happier

Uh ... Look up "Common Core" and take the time to become familiar with it if possible.

It is becoming the benchmark in school districts ... And if your local public school is not currently under Common Core ... It soon will be.
I only added this because Common Core so far of a separation from what you describe above.
In some districts when they need substitutes teachers in the classroom ... They will get someone off the street that has never taught before to come in ... Instead of retired teachers who may do it the "Old Way".

I can but try.

People on SNAP need to get a job.

Grandma is on SNAP. Therefore, grandma needs to get a job.

I'm pretty sure grandma is on social security, not SNAP.
I guess that's why I didn't understand the point. The point was wrong.
Oddly enough, you understood it. I guess that makes you wrong.

You're pretty sure? You are probably wrong. A great many elderly people's SS income is supplemented by SNAP. Therefore and ergo - no. You're wrong, again/still/some more.

I don't really believe there are significant numbers of seniors on SNAP. I have found no numbers to show that is the case. If a person has worked an paid into SS, then they likely get SS in an amount significant enough to disqualify them. Like me, they may also have company pensions. And around here, a lot of seniors hold part time jobs. Seniors who do not qualify for food stamps also are veterans and get enough veterans benefits to disqualify them. And the link below explains why many of the ones who do qualify don't apply:

Seniors and SNAP/Food Stamps « Food Research & Action Center

After thinking about it, it doesn't make sense to say Friday was a bad day to be hungry. The first of the month is when the benefits get loaded on the cards, so the poor would have their full allotment.

Nov 30th is probably the day that it would be bad to be hungry, it would seem.

What day would it be good to be hungry?

The day you join Weight Watchers?

After thinking about it, it doesn't make sense to say Friday was a bad day to be hungry. The first of the month is when the benefits get loaded on the cards, so the poor would have their full allotment.

Nov 30th is probably the day that it would be bad to be hungry, it would seem.

What day would it be good to be hungry?

Thanksgiving, because the hungrier you are, the more bird you can eat. :thup:

My daughter cooks her turkey in champagne. OMG! That is some kind of good!

I can but try.

People on SNAP need to get a job.

Grandma is on SNAP. Therefore, grandma needs to get a job.

You are wrong...

FlRdntm.png

47M Americans hit by food stamp cuts starting today

Vulnerable populations will be hardest hit by the cuts. In New York, more than 1 million elderly people or those with disabilities will feel the impact, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a progressive think tank. About 2.3 million children in both California and Texas will be affected.

In California overall, the cuts will affect more than 4 million residents and will amount to the equivalent of losing roughly 21 individual meals per month, based on calculations used by the Department of Agriculture, the San Jose Mercury News reports.

Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, head of the Ohio Association of Foodbanks, says the state's charities and food pantries, which distributed $227 million in food to needy residents in 2012, will not be able to make up a $190 million deficit in 2014, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reports.

"We will have to do what low-income people do, which is reduce the amount of food we hand out and ration," she said. Hamler-Fugitt tells the newspaper that she expects increased hunger in the state, affecting the health of senior citizens and people with disabilities and forcing more school children to go to classes without eating.

47M Americans hit by food stamp cuts starting today

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone (1809 – 1898)

That just lumps a bunch of people together. It does not give any numbers.

Besides, if they weren't starving to death without it 3 years ago, why will the starve to death without it now. The cut equals roughly 2 large bags of chips a month, something I see people using SNAP buy all the time.

Last edited:
That's true.

Unlike the Liberals of yesteryear who thought women shouldn't vote and black men were property, today's Liberals have progressed and advanced.

Yep.

Now you think Illegals should vote and the EVERYONE is property - of the state.

That and we don't wear knickers, powered wigs and tri-corner hats any longer.

BUT you've got tattoos and sphincter rings...

To bad the same can't be said for Conservatives. On almost all counts.

:eusa_whistle:

Da Comrade.

You're pretty sure? You are probably wrong. A great many elderly people's SS income is supplemented by SNAP. Therefore and ergo - no. You're wrong, again/still/some more.

I don't really believe there are significant numbers of seniors on SNAP. I have found no numbers to show that is the case. If a person has worked an paid into SS, then they likely get SS in an amount significant enough to disqualify them. Like me, they may also have company pensions. And around here, a lot of seniors hold part time jobs. Seniors who do not qualify for food stamps also are veterans and get enough veterans benefits to disqualify them. And the link below explains why many of the ones who do qualify don't apply:

When I lived in Nevada, I lived in designated low income housing. Every month a social worker came from Las Vegas to sign people up for SNAP. My apartment wasn't listed on the list of recipients so they came to my DOOR to persuade me to sign up. I was not eligible, even though a senior, but the social worker said that she would help me adjust my answers to I would be eligible. They have quotas to meet.

SNAP FAQ's:
* * * * In total, 76% of SNAP benefits go towards households with children, 16% go to households with disabled persons, and 9% go to households with senior citizens. * * * *

How many people use SNAP in the United States?

As of August 2011, 45.8 million persons were participating in SNAP.

What is the average SNAP benefit?

In 2010, the average SNAP client received a monthly benefit of $133.79, and the average household received $289.61 monthly. * * * *
-- SNAP: Frequently Asked Questions | Snap To Health

When I lived in Nevada, I lived in designated low income housing. Every month a social worker came from Las Vegas to sign people up for SNAP. My apartment wasn't listed on the list of recipients so they came to my DOOR to persuade me to sign up. I was not eligible, even though a senior, but the social worker said that she would help me adjust my answers to I would be eligible. They have quotas to meet.

Caseworkers are motivated to get people ON those programs. Caseworkers gotta have a caseload. If they don't have a caseload, they don't have a job.

I'd like to see her explain this one away.

Vets shouldn't be on foodstamps.
Vile liberal plan to make the lazy believe they are doing something patriotic by being on foodstamps, just like veterans!!

Surprised none have demanded a Purple Heart for getting a paper cut from the application forms!!

Vets shouldn't be on foodstamps.
Vile liberal plan to make the lazy believe they are doing something patriotic by being on foodstamps, just like veterans!!

Surprised none have demanded a Purple Heart for getting a paper cut from the application forms!!

And no one CUT anything. The TEMPORARY increase that the dims put in expired.

There was no cut.

Well then, neither did you. Because I wasn't on public assistance when I was painfully poor.

So why should others be entitled to rewards for their lazyness?

You right wing scum say you love America, it's just all those fucking AmericANS you can't stand. Unless they are your beloved hierarchy.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Pauli and friends...

bD437.jpg

So wrong. A huge percentage of the elitist pieces of shit in this country are DEMOCRATS. Like your hero Bill Ayers, and the Kennedy's...cuz when it comes right down to it, the best way to get rich is to be a crook or a slave owner..or something near to it. And everybody knows the crooks and slave owners are dems.

The slaves are the welfare population these days.

Forum List

Back