French connection armed Saddam

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by freeandfun1, Sep 8, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I know this is a long read, but it is VERY important so please read through it. I have tried to highlight the most important (in my view) parts.

French connection armed Saddam

2. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yes, and ? Are the USA clean ? No.....
    You put dictatorships only to protect your interest. (like in Chile)
    You did and do war only to serve your interest, behind false humanitary reason. (like in Iraq 2003).
    You said that some wars were bad and did it when you see that it could serve your interest, even if you did critics always the countrise who did war. (like in Indochina, 1946/1954)

And you sold weapons to the Afghans and sent US military experts to help the Muslim resistance, now these guys for whose you gave weapons and military help are the Al Quaeda terrorists. You created a monster.

I will forget : you did war against a poor country, without a real army, without WMD, who don't represent a real danger for the world, and devaste this country. But you let quiet a dangerous country, with a might army, with fanatics, with WMD and nuclear weapons, this country is hostile to USA, and you know it but you do nothing. It was Iraq and N-Korea.

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Your last paragraph was unworthy of comment.

Even assuming that your other comments are true, the fact remains that the United States has never refused to assist an ally in need of support simply to line our own pockets with profits from secret and illegal trade agreements with a sadistic, murdering dictator.

Get off your high horse PE. You french have no right to criticize anyone, much less the USA.

4. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Of course Saddam Hussein was one of the worst doctator of this earth, in the same way like Hitler, Stalin......

You say France refused "to protect illegal traffic" (or something like that)...but Germany was also against this war, and I don't believe that they had big interest in Iraq. France and Germany found this war really unfair : If any country can attack an other without real reason except the oil research, it would be Chaos, and the UN would be like the SDN : useless. It's my point of view. USA are not world's cop, they can't attack everywhere for their interest without international permission. France and UK did it - attack without permission - in 1956, with the Suez affair. USA and USSR blame them. So accept that countries didn't accept this intervention, even if everybody is happy that Saddam is down.

(question about him : Will he be judge by an international law court, like in La Haye, or by an iraqi law court ?)

France didn't refused to help an ally, France refused to damned France's value, ability - I don't know if these are correct words, for the words "valeur", with the sens of tradition, way....hard to explain...i hope these are good words - , refused to go against the UN, the international right, refused that a single country rule about the world a do what he wants when he wants.
    And you'ld be a liar of you say that USA need help at the beginning of the war.
    France will do the war if France's interest are in danger, but with UN accord, or if French positions are attacked, I think (like the base of Djibouti).

You say that my last paragraph was unworthy....but it is not the truth - at least a little bit ? -
    And if it is not, why USa don't attack N-Korea ?
    It's easier to attack a country without real defense than a country with big defenses...but I can understand you, an attack on Korea will cost more livse than in Iraq...(don't believe that i want USA attack N-Korea !!)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    What do you know about the Koreas and the situation there?

north Korea is not a direct threat to the USA. The reason they were placed wtihin the Axis of Evil was their weapons dealings. They will sell whatever to whomever will give them the money. The USA can deal with/handle north Korea more effectively using Japan, the Republic of Korea and China.

Your obvious ignorance on the subject shines through. For that matter, your obvious ignorance of just about EVERYTHING clearly shines through.

With you, I am now through.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Try this graph for size then.

Hmm odd that the graph was here and now isnt? Did a mod modify it for some reason?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Of course Germany and France were against the war, they didn't want anybody finding out that they were dealing illegally with Saddam! That's the whole point. Between all this and the UN's "Oil for Food" scandel, there are hands in France, Germany, and with the United Nations that are dirtier than hell, and it's about time somebody came right out and said it. Our so called friends have been doing some rather unfriendly things, and now that they've been caught there are those that are doing their best to point a finger of blame back at the U.S.

I say screw them all. Cut off all foreign aid to all of them, and if the Nazi's reform and take over France again...Sorry about your bad luck.

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Let's air some dirty laundry in a short statement.

RUSSIA, CHINA, FRANCE, GERMANY.... all had lucrative oil, weapons and industrial deals on the table, already in effect or proposed informally that could be valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Rather than address or stand up for the rights of the Iraqi people, they cared more about making money with Saddam Hussein than following the UN sanctions, helping to further diminish the UN's stature in Iraq and around the world. America has nothing on the corruption these 4 nations were in on in Iraq.

9. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. But it's to be expected from countries that have proven time and again that they only serve their own interests. This is why the veto power in the UN needs to be eliminated, so that the UN can take action when it is right to do so, not when it serves the interests of all of the Big 5 (it also needs a standing military force or some kind of detachment from member nations). Until that happens, the UN is just a dog wearing a blindfold with no teeth.

France is by far the worst offender. They pretend to be enlightened but in fact they are dispicable pigs of a peoples.

Wade.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    The whole idea of a centralized world government based on compromise should be abandoned altogether, actually. The goals of many of the nations are mutually exclusive. Compromise won't work there. That's reality.