Freedom of Speech

Does freedom of speech exists today (2023)?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Do you believe that Federal, state, and local governments can punish you for things you say?

Basically I am asking if you believe freedom of speech exists in 2023 or if there are sufficient loopholes that make the first amendment nothing more than a joke that has been causing laughter ever since it was written?

If you would have asked me this question 2 years ago then I would have voted yes. I know for a fact that people can be punished for things they say in at least some portions of the United States.

My life would have been so much better now if I would have never believed in the lie of the first amendment. It isn't a thing and probably never was. It was a fantasy of our founding fathers not a reality.

If you would have asked me this question 2 years ago then I would have voted yes. I know for a fact that people can be punished for things they say in at least some portions of the United States.

My life would have been so much better now if I would have never believed in the lie of the first amendment. It isn't a thing and probably never was. It was a fantasy of our founding fathers not a reality.
Follow the Money or You'll Be Led by the Nose

It was put in after the Constitution because the wealthy owners of newspapers bribed the Founding Fodder to accept it, since sensationalism sells.

Do you believe that Federal, state, and local governments can punish you for things you say?

Basically I am asking if you believe freedom of speech exists in 2023 or if there are sufficient loopholes that make the first amendment nothing more than a joke that has been causing laughter ever since it was written?
The Democrat Party/Leftists believe that only speech they approve of should exist.

The Democrat Party/Leftists believe that only speech they approve of should exist.
The wider problem is that this is true almost everywhere. Now stupid and ignorant people have an opinion of everything they actually know nothing about -- a terrible situation and suggests we need to rethink the idea of the nature and value of Democracy-- which , of course , hints at control and Deep State thinking . .

Just keep your mouth shut when you feel a need to redress grievances against powerful people. They will take your head off in a civilized manner of course. You will become a laughing stock and may suffer legally along the way. There is no freedom of speech in this country. I repeat. There is no freedom of speech in this country. For a third time to clarify my point, there is no freedom of speech in this country.

Forum List

Back