Freedom of religion has always been a fraud

Brucethethinker

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
There have always been all kinds of religions that we haven't allowed to freely exercise. Since that farce "the bill of rights" was written, we've haven't allowed the sacrafice of virgins, or burning people at the stake. We do allow under-age children to drink alcohol, but only because we have lots of catholics. We don't allow mormons to have more than 1 wife, we don't allow indians to take peyote. I think we should repeal the so called "freedom of religion" line from the bill of rights. It's non-sense and always has been.

Just as the notion of free speech is subject to certain limitations, so is freedom of religion.

It doesn't make the notion a fraud so much as it involves a necessary understanding as to nuance and application.

We are free to believe, but we are not necessarily free to act on such beliefs when doing so imperils others.

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
There have always been all kinds of religions that we haven't allowed to freely exercise. Since that farce "the bill of rights" was written, we've haven't allowed the sacrafice of virgins, or burning people at the stake. We do allow under-age children to drink alcohol, but only because we have lots of catholics. We don't allow mormons to have more than 1 wife, we don't allow indians to take peyote. I think we should repeal the so called "freedom of religion" line from the bill of rights. It's non-sense and always has been.

Can have as many wives as you like, but only get legal recognition for one of them.

Can drink alcohol with parents at home here in Missouri whether religious or not.

Natives can take peyote in reliigous ceremonies as somoene corrected me on a bit ago thinking the same thing. Update your bookmarks. :)

It's typo in the Constitution, it should read "freedom FROM religion". :D

Forum List

Back