"Freedom doesnt wait"

One of the Xmas ads on tv is for a perfume. Cant remember what its called.
Anyway at the end of it a supermodel with attitude stares into the camera and says with a straight face -

Freedom doesnt wait

What does it mean ? It doesnt seem to mean anything but sounds like it should. Another recent ad for Audi cars had a professional looking woman stare at the camera and tell us that

Progress is an attitude.

Again it doesnt avtually mean anything. I find it a bit insulting.

Why dont the actors say normal stuff like "this smells good" or "You can get a wheelchair in the back of this one"

At least it would relate to the product and be something you could check yourself.
Does anyone else get annoyed by this nonsense. ?

It means we have to get rid of mad British despots like George and keep them away

My daughter tells me that I am not part of their target market so I shouldnt worry about it much. Maybe it’s a getting old sort of thing.
/——/ Your daughter is correct. My late FIL would yell at the TV everytime he saw a Ford or Chevy commercial. He’d say something like, “I only buy Oldsmobiles. Why do they keep trying to sell me a different car?” And he was serious.

/——/ Your daughter is correct. My late FIL would yell at the TV everytime he saw a Ford or Chevy commercial. He’d say something like, “I only buy Oldsmobiles. Why do they keep trying to sell me a different car?” And he was serious.

I thought they don't make Oldsmobile's anymore? My father was an Olds guy too, but he passed away over 30 years ago so I haven't kept up with my Old's news

My late FIL would yell at the TV everytime [sic] he saw a Ford or Chevy commercial. He’d say something like, “I only buy Oldsmobiles.

No meaningful difference between any Oldsmobile and the corresponding Chevrolet model. It's why they discontinued the brand. It was redundant. Just another brand to sell what amounted to the exact same car under few other brands. Ditto for Pontiac.

No meaningful difference between any Oldsmobile and the corresponding Chevrolet model. It's why they discontinued the brand. It was redundant. Just another brand to sell what amounted to the exact same car under few other brands. Ditto for Pontiac.
/——/ Back in the 1950s and 60s there was a distinct difference in the GM brands. They were blended together in the 70s thanks to the bean counters, so in the end you would be correct.

One of the Xmas ads on tv is for a perfume. Cant remember what its called.
Anyway at the end of it a supermodel with attitude stares into the camera and says with a straight face -

Freedom doesnt wait

What does it mean ? It doesnt seem to mean anything but sounds like it should. Another recent ad for Audi cars had a professional looking woman stare at the camera and tell us that

Progress is an attitude.

Again it doesnt avtually mean anything. I find it a bit insulting.

Why dont the actors say normal stuff like "this smells good" or "You can get a wheelchair in the back of this one"

At least it would relate to the product and be something you could check yourself.
Does anyone else get annoyed by this nonsense. ?

Perfume and cars are insane.

Thus insanity is used to sell them to the duped.

The only difference between perfume and cars?

Perfume once served a legitimate purpose.

I thought they don't make Oldsmobile's anymore? My father was an Olds guy too, but he passed away over 30 years ago so I haven't kept up with my Old's news
/—-/ My FIL passed away back in the 90s. Ironically the last car he bought was a Chevy Nova.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back