"Freedom doesnt wait"

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
One of the Xmas ads on tv is for a perfume. Cant remember what its called.
Anyway at the end of it a supermodel with attitude stares into the camera and says with a straight face -

Freedom doesnt wait

What does it mean ? It doesnt seem to mean anything but sounds like it should. Another recent ad for Audi cars had a professional looking woman stare at the camera and tell us that

Progress is an attitude.

Again it doesnt avtually mean anything. I find it a bit insulting.

Why dont the actors say normal stuff like "this smells good" or "You can get a wheelchair in the back of this one"

At least it would relate to the product and be something you could check yourself.
Does anyone else get annoyed by this nonsense. ?

Anyway at the end of it a supermodel with attitude stares into the camera and says with a straight face -

Freedom doesnt wait

What does it mean ? It doesnt seem to mean anything but sounds like it should. Another recent ad for Audi cars had a professional looking woman stare at the camera and tell us that

Progress is an attitude.

Why dont the actors say normal stuff like "this smells good" or "You can get a wheelchair in the back of this one"

At least it would relate to the product and be something you could check yourself.

Car commercials tell me one thing... sales are down.
Lincoln with Matthew Mcconahay... Who buys one?
Ever watch a Subaru commercial? They talk about love or adopting dogs.

Freedom doesnt wait

Progress is an attitude.

It's intended as a generic message that's meant to please all of the advert targets. They won't understand but they might get a warm fuzzy feeling?

Freedom doesnt wait

Progress is an attitude.

/—-/ I spent a decade in advertising. Actors don’t decide what they say in an ad, the copywriters do. If the sponsee wants them to say Petunias are flying purple people eaters, that is what the actor says. It’s just a catch phrase meant to add mystery and style. I think they are annoying too. There is a perfume commercial with a dizzy blonde dancing around a field of flowers to the tune of some 60s rock hit, and she turns to the camera and screams “WAKE UP.” Real dumb but it resonates with the target audience of other dumb bunnies.

Car commercials tell me one thing... sales are down.
Lincoln with Matthew Mcconahay... Who buys one?
Ever watch a Subaru commercial? They talk about love or adopting dogs.
My daughter tells me that I am not part of their target market so I shouldnt worry about it much. Maybe its a getting old sort of thing.

/—-/ I spent a decade in advertising. Actors don’t decide what they say in an ad, the copywriters do. If the sponsee wants them to say Petunias are flying purple people eaters, that is what the actor says. It’s just a catch phrase meant to add mystery and style. I think they are annoying too. There is a perfume commercial with a dizzy blonde dancing around a field of flowers to the tune of some 60s rock hit, and she turns to the camera and screams “WAKE UP.” Real dumb but it resonates with the target audience of other dumb bunnies.
All of these ad people are frustrated writers.Perhaps we arent deep enough to grasp the inner truth ?

It's intended as a generic message that's meant to please all of the advert targets. They won't understand but they might get a warm fuzzy feeling?
The car ad woman looks like she is super intelligent. Maybe the Audi driving fraternity identifies with that sort of thing ?

Freedom doesnt wait

Progress is an attitude.

It means they are trying to sell perfume

My daughter tells me that I am not part of their target market so I shouldnt worry about it much. Maybe its a getting old sort of thing.
Audi has a loyal customer following mostly from the affluent buyer.

I understand the simple phrase, though. Driving gives you freedom, don't wait to get yours, so buy one of ours.

Last edited:
Per usual, Donald “Canadian Cuckoid” H does not know what the hell he is talking about. This raises the question, “Why does he think he needs to opine on stuff he is ignorant of?” The answer may be that he simply does not THINK before he posts. But digress.

Advertisers do a lot of market research and psychological analysis. Sure, they fuck up sometimes (e.g., the Bud Lite tranny connection), but for the most part they are spot-on. They are far more invested in it than “warm and fuzzies”.🤡

Per usual, Donald “Canadian Cuckoid” H does not know what the hell he is talking about. This raises the question, “Why does he think he needs to opine on stuff he is ignorant of?” The answer may be that he simply does not THINK before he posts. But digress.

If he only ever spoke on subjects on which he is not completely ignorant, then he'd never have anything at all to say.

Audi has a loyal customer following mostly from the affluent buyer.

I understand the simple phrase, though. Driving gives you freedom, don't wait to get yours, so buy one of ours.
You are mixing up the car and the perfume.
The scent is freedom doesnt wait.
The car is progress is an attitude.
Its very confusing.

Forum List

Back