Free will? or god's will?

He loves you - he wants you to love Him too.
He wants you to willingly submit to Him, because He love you - unconditionally.... in a way no other can ever love you.....
That is the key word, submit or else...(thunder clasps)How else can He show love but through submission?

You are to submit to Him willingly. It means nothing with that kind of attitude!
Think of it like raising a child. A child wants their own way, but, as parents, we have to try to teach them (and stop them) from doing things that are detrimental to themselves. The child thinks they know best or that their parents are just being "meanies, trying to hold them down" or "don't want them to enjoy life" etc etc.

God is not our "parent" waiting to bring the hammer down.
God is the PERFECT parent, wanting only the BEST for us. We have to TRUST Him!
So now you are a child, as an adult? Normally parents do not threaten their children with death if they do something wrong....Should God be prosecuted for child endangerment?

It was just an example of how, regardless of what you think, he is our creator and eternal Father.
You don't have to believe that. You don't even have to "agree" with His ways, but they are perfect whether you agree (or understand) or not.

Your lack of belief don't change eternal truths.
Your lack of faith doesn't change eternal truths.
Your lack of understanding doesn't change eternal truths.

I am a witness to my Faith. I am not a Biblical scholar or theologian.
Your lack of proof of god make your supposed eternal truths meaningless.
Only in the minds that are meaningless existentially in thought and deed. As you think, thus you are.

Your lack of proof of god make your supposed eternal truths meaningless

Proof can be construed in many ways.
What your "demands" are doesn't change ANY truth.
If you are your own God anyway, what difference does it matter what anyone else thinks or believes to you?
No now I'm like a superhero god? WAY COOL! :cool:
As for proof, there's an empty chair next to me right now, god can sit it in and explain everything to me right now, I'm free today.

I bet he's a no-show. :D

That is the key word, submit or else...(thunder clasps)How else can He show love but through submission?

You are to submit to Him willingly. It means nothing with that kind of attitude!
Think of it like raising a child. A child wants their own way, but, as parents, we have to try to teach them (and stop them) from doing things that are detrimental to themselves. The child thinks they know best or that their parents are just being "meanies, trying to hold them down" or "don't want them to enjoy life" etc etc.

God is not our "parent" waiting to bring the hammer down.
God is the PERFECT parent, wanting only the BEST for us. We have to TRUST Him!
So now you are a child, as an adult? Normally parents do not threaten their children with death if they do something wrong....Should God be prosecuted for child endangerment?

It was just an example of how, regardless of what you think, he is our creator and eternal Father.
You don't have to believe that. You don't even have to "agree" with His ways, but they are perfect whether you agree (or understand) or not.

Your lack of belief don't change eternal truths.
Your lack of faith doesn't change eternal truths.
Your lack of understanding doesn't change eternal truths.

I am a witness to my Faith. I am not a Biblical scholar or theologian.
Your lack of proof of god make your supposed eternal truths meaningless.
Only in the minds that are meaningless existentially in thought and deed. As you think, thus you are.
Wow, all I ever get here in these supposed Christian threads is petty insults. What up doc? The bible not let you go full out with the insults? Did Jesus insult everyone when he had no comeback too?

If you are your own God anyway, what difference does it matter what anyone else thinks or believes to you?
As for proof, there's an empty chair next to me right now, god can sit it in and explain everything to me right now, I'm free today. :D
Like the empy spot in your reasoning that cannot prove God does not exist. You believe God does not live. Thus you have faith, just like a religionist, except your faith is that of an atheist. Explaining the thinking and situation of an atheist is not petty insults, though you love to throw them.

As for proof, there's an empty chair next to me right now, god can sit it in and explain everything to me right now, I'm free today. :D
Like the empy spot in your reasoning that cannot prove God does not exist. You believe God does not live. Thus you have faith, just like a religionist, except your faith is that of an atheist. Explaining the thinking and situation of an atheist is not petty insults, though you love to throw them.
Read my signature at the bottom of my posts, I'm agnostic. What's it like to be wrong so often, you fucking douchebag?

Read my signature at the bottom of my posts, I'm agnostic. What's it like to be wrong so often, you fucking douchebag?
:lol: Take deep breaths. An agnostic simply says I can neither prove God exists or not, and goes on with life. You are an atheist attacking religionists. Your words here are far more important than the silliness you post in your signature.

Sorry -- I meant a credible link.

Preferably one that isn't 2500 years old and then edited in the fourth century by an emperor building a propaganda machine to run a theocracy. You know, like an actual quote from "Satan"?

Yes. The bible is so watered down by repeated translations, each by someone who had an agenda, there's little left of the original stories. And stories is all it is - written by human beings.

:lol: Take deep breaths. An agnostic simply says I can neither prove God exists or not, and goes on with life. You are an atheist attacking religionists. Your words here are far more important than the silliness you post in your signature.
I'm not attacking anyone. In fact, I started coming here looking for answers to why people believe in the bible. If there were any actual atheists claiming that god is not possible, I'd be curious to ask them why they believe that. Hopefully, they wouldn't be as juvenile and dimwitted as you lot: you, PostModernPoop, Cranky Jewish Bitch, Avatar... who all simply call you names if you call them on their myths.

You don't talk to Jake like that! :slap:

I'm not attacking anyone. In fact, I started coming here looking for answers to why people believe in the bible. If there were any actual atheists claiming that god is not possible, I'd be curious to ask them why they believe that. Hopefully, they wouldn't be as juvenile and dimwitted as you lot: you, PostModernPoop, Cranky Jewish Bitch, Avatar... who all simply call you names if you call them on their myths.
asking questions = calling "them on their myths" Yea, you are an atheist. You reap what you sow.

You don't talk to Jake like that! :slap:
Hey, if it's the insult playpen that that weenie wants to play in...

Bonzi, people can't stand the truth, so they talk ugly. That is what losers do, and they then cry when they reap what they have sowed.

asking questions = calling "them on their myths" Yea, you are an atheist. You reap what you sow.
I'd call atheists on their myths as well, I'm kinda in the middle, trying to understand what would make a probably intelligent person lean one way or the other. What is it you don't get? Should I type a little slower? :D

As for proof, there's an empty chair next to me right now, god can sit it in and explain everything to me right now, I'm free today.

I bet he's a no-show. :D

That's pretty much the point of my original question -

Its not just there is no proof that any of the gods exist. There's no evidence either. Not a shred. But, even if one believes in a god, why bother to pray to him when he's not going to actually answer your prayers?

Again - if one has a good outcome, god gets the credit. If its a bad outcome, "its god's will", "god moves in mysterious ways".

I started coming here looking for answers to why people believe in the bible

Simple - it's survived the test of time, is the all-time best seller.
Unable to be banned or banished... its Words have Life.
If you truly understand the Bible, as revealed by the Holy Spirit combined with knowledge and wisdom you will begin to know God, and the meaning of real Life.

Bonzi, people can't stand the truth, so they talk ugly. That is what losers do, and they then cry when they reap what they have sowed.
Is calling someone a "loser" talking "ugly"? Is it because you can't stand the ... Oh never mind, it was a dumb phrase to start with. :D

Is it possible that god exists?

I don't think so BUT I cannot say with certainty that he does not anymore than believers can say he does.

That's the definition of "faith" - no proof, no evidence, just blind belief.

I started coming here looking for answers to why people believe in the bible

Simple - it's survived the test of time, is the all-time best seller.
Unable to be banned or banished... its Words have Life.
If you truly understand the Bible, as revealed by the Holy Spirit combined with knowledge and wisdom you will begin to know God, and the meaning of real Life.

No it doesn't. Not really.

It does for you because you believe it does. And you believe it does because you want to believe it does.

BTW, I read that the bible is the most shoplifted book in the world. Honest christians, huh?

Is it possible that god exists?

I don't think so BUT I cannot say with certainty that he does not anymore than believers can say he does.

That's the definition of "faith" - no proof, no evidence, just blind belief.

Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped for
The Evidence of Things not Seen! (Hebrews 11:1)

Christian Hope = Anticipation; not "wishfulness"

It's not a blind faith. It's a tangible faith.

Forum List

Back