Free Lunch

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
It's interesting that most Americans recognize that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Yet, temporarily, some seem to forget that concept. When politicians run for office, they promise all sorts of "free lunches" and they tend to get votes for that.
Reality eventually sets back in and the foolish voters realize that free lunch they so foolishly voted for is going to cost big money. Money they don't have.
Mr Obama's health care plan is the current free lunch we can't afford. As soon as more details start materializing more people will see that.

Most Americans are simply uneducated, immature, unthinking children who have gotten older without really growing up. You promise them candy and they go apeshit...

What? No free lunch? Well, if we're going to be giving everybody free health care, I think we're going to have to start skipping lunch. Won't be able to afford to eat.

It's interesting that most Americans recognize that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Yet, temporarily, some seem to forget that concept. When politicians run for office, they promise all sorts of "free lunches" and they tend to get votes for that.
Reality eventually sets back in and the foolish voters realize that free lunch they so foolishly voted for is going to cost big money. Money they don't have.
Mr Obama's health care plan is the current free lunch we can't afford. As soon as more details start materializing more people will see that.

I hold Obama responsible for his lack of leadership thus far, but the cookie jar has been, and continues to be, raided by the professional, mercenary lobbyists that hold the leashes of congress and the administration.

Good government is neither a pipe dream nor impossible... demand an end to professional lobbying.

-Joe

Most Americans are simply uneducated, immature, unthinking children who have gotten older without really growing up. You promise them candy and they go apeshit...

Bullshit.

Most Americans are hard working, middle-class people trying to raise their kids and store a piece of the pie for their golden years.

Most Americans are just about fed up with the status quo and its greedy grip on the washington gravy-train.

Most Americans are unwilling to believe that things won't get better in terms of political fairness in this country without some of the infrastructure their parents worked so hard to build being torn down in the process - but we are close, and watch out when the shit starts hitting the fan.

Americans are not stupid; we are still, for the most part, comfortable enough, even this close to the edge... Don't push.

-Joe

Last edited:

Bullshit.

Most Americans are hard working, middle-class people trying to raise their kids and store a piece of the pie for their golden years.

Most Americans are just about fed up with the status quo and its greedy grip on the washington gravy-train.

Most Americans are unwilling to believe that things won't get better in terms of political fairness in this country without some of the infrastructure their parents worked so hard to build being torn down in the process - but we are close. and watch out when the shit starts hitting the fan.

Americans are not stupid; we are still, for the most part, comfortable enough, even this close to the edge... Don't push.

-Joe

and yet... look who keeps getting elected...

Bullshit.

Most Americans are unwilling to believe that things won't get better in terms of political fairness in this country without some of the infrastructure their parents worked so hard to build being torn down in the process - but we are close. and watch out when the shit starts hitting the fan.

-Joe

The head of the nail has been hit by you.

Bullshit.

-Joe

HUBBA_HUBBA!!
!......Preach it br'er!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AVG-JOE again.

Bullshit.

-Joe

and yet... look who keeps getting elected...

If you believe that human politics is easy, go home to mama for a few years. Demand better. Be a Classical Liberal. The power that is will not let their gravy-train be re-directed by us or anybody else without a fight, and it won't be easy. Storming the castle with pitch-forks ain't going to do it this time.

Are you man enough to call bullshit on the bullshitters and still believe that America Rocks?

-Joe

Bullshit.

Most Americans are unwilling to believe that things won't get better in terms of political fairness in this country without some of the infrastructure their parents worked so hard to build being torn down in the process - but we are close, and watch out when the shit starts hitting the fan.

-Joe
I still believe that to a degree, but with what's going on, it's kinda hard to honestly believe that.

Bullshit.

-Joe

Sorry, Joe, but I have to disagree with that for the most part.

Flashback:

Obama and Edwards Tag-Team Clinton
Narrowed Democratic Field Faces Off in First Debate Since Iowa's Stunning Results
By MARCUS BARAM
Jan. 5, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama got some unexpected help during a heated exchange with Sen. Hillary Clinton in tonight's debate, from former Sen. John Edwards, who snatched second place from Clinton in Iowa's caucus.

Comparing her to the "forces for status quo," Edwards said that Obama "believes deeply in change, and I believe deeply in change. Anytime you speak out for change, this is what happens. The forces for status quo are going to attack."

Edwards also defended Obama against Clinton's charge that Obama has switched his positions on health care and the Patriot Act. "To say that Senator Obama is having a debate with himself from some Associated Press story, I think is just not -- that's not the kind of discussion we should be having."

Watch complete replays of the debate Sunday and Monday on ABC News Now. CLICK HERE to see how.

Clinton shot back, emphasizing, "Making change is not about what you believe or about making a speech, it's about working hard." Raising her voice, she said, "I want to make change, but I've already made change. I'm not running on a promise of change. But on 35 years of change … we don't need to raise false hopes of people in our country about what can be delivered."

Oh, let me not forget the smackdown shots....

And she almost shouted: "I think that having a first woman president is a huge change."

The back and forth got so heated that fourth-place candidate Bill Richardson quipped, "I've been in hostile negotiations that are a lot more civil than this."

Obama and Edwards Tag-Team Clinton - ABC News

So.... the "stupid" people who believed in the false hopes are responsible for this....

Bullshit.

-Joe

Sorry, Joe, but I have to disagree with that for the most part.

Flashback:

Obama and Edwards Tag-Team Clinton
Narrowed Democratic Field Faces Off in First Debate Since Iowa's Stunning Results
By MARCUS BARAM
Jan. 5, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama got some unexpected help during a heated exchange with Sen. Hillary Clinton in tonight's debate, from former Sen. John Edwards, who snatched second place from Clinton in Iowa's caucus.

Comparing her to the "forces for status quo," Edwards said that Obama "believes deeply in change, and I believe deeply in change. Anytime you speak out for change, this is what happens. The forces for status quo are going to attack."

Edwards also defended Obama against Clinton's charge that Obama has switched his positions on health care and the Patriot Act. "To say that Senator Obama is having a debate with himself from some Associated Press story, I think is just not -- that's not the kind of discussion we should be having."

Watch complete replays of the debate Sunday and Monday on ABC News Now. CLICK HERE to see how.

Clinton shot back, emphasizing, "Making change is not about what you believe or about making a speech, it's about working hard." Raising her voice, she said, "I want to make change, but I've already made change. I'm not running on a promise of change. But on 35 years of change … we don't need to raise false hopes of people in our country about what can be delivered."

Oh, let me not forget the smackdown shots....

And she almost shouted: "I think that having a first woman president is a huge change."

The back and forth got so heated that fourth-place candidate Bill Richardson quipped, "I've been in hostile negotiations that are a lot more civil than this."

Obama and Edwards Tag-Team Clinton - ABC News

So.... the "stupid" people who believed in the false hopes are responsible for this....

All hopes are real until proven false. As disappointed with Obama as I am, I still think that the better man won - if for no other reason than McSame was already part of the status quo. We've had one speech by a sitting president that truly called 'bullshit' on the bullshitters, made February 24 of this year. Soon after that, it seems Mr. Obama was recruited by the same status quo that used Bush as such an effective tool, and politics as usual descended like a dark cloud back on to Washington.

-Joe

Forum List

Back