Free College Education vs Spam

overland

Jan 12, 2017
No doubt there will be those who would say that my promotion of free college education is "spam." Such things have happened to me before. But the point is that college education should be free! In fact, we should actually PAY students to go to college. If having people who are college educated is good for society in general, then it is something worth the government subsidizing. After all, they do it in places like France and Germany. So why not here.

No doubt there will be those who would say that my promotion of free college education is "spam." Such things have happened to me before. But the point is that college education should be free! In fact, we should actually PAY students to go to college. If having people who are college educated is good for society in general, then it is something worth the government subsidizing. After all, they do it in places like France and Germany. So why not here.

You should start your own no-charge college!!
Let us know how it works out.

• Banned
Nothing is free. How much have you personally donated to pay college students?

Everything is free. What is the oil or coal underground? FREE. What is the grass cows or deer out in the field? FREE. What were the trees in the old growth forests that lumber companies cut down in the 18th century? FREE. What are the fish that fishermen catch out to sea? FREE. What is sunlight and the air you breathe? FREE. What is the love of a parent for a child? FREE. Etc. etc. etc. When you are talking about paying, for the most part, you are just talking about BS capitalist concepts.

• Banned

Or maybe the U.S. should just do what places like France and Germany have already SHOWN can be done. Make college free!

Everything is free. What is the oil or coal underground? FREE. What is the grass cows or deer out in the field? FREE. What were the trees in the old growth forests that lumber companies cut down in the 18th century? FREE. What are the fish that fishermen catch out to sea? FREE. What is sunlight and the air you breathe? FREE. What is the love of a parent for a child? FREE. Etc. etc. etc. When you are talking about paying, for the most part, you are just talking about BS capitalist concepts.

Fine. Go try grabbing McGillicutty's cow without paying for it and see how much buckshot you find in your ass.

Or maybe the U.S. should just do what places like France and Germany have already SHOWN can be done. Make college free!

Make college free!

For what percentage of students?

Couple of things.

First.... the best education availible in the world, is in the capitalist pay-for-service system here in the US, not the free-socialized education in Europe.

8 of the top 10 Universities in the world, are all in the US. People come from France and Germany, to the US for education. You don't see many people going to France or Germany from the US for education. Why would you pay money to get less education elsewhere?

Of those 8 Universities, only ONE is publicly funded, that being Berkley, and ironically Berkley exists because of a merger between a private school and a public college.

Point being, the best schools are almost universally non-publicly funded, non-government controlled, private Universities where students pay to be educated.

Additionally, we already have tons of student support programs, and the results are very bad.

Do you really want to pay for a college student that spends all his time partying, and then doesn't use his degree?

I've met several so far. I knew a lady who had a degree in architecture, who worked at McDonald. I knew another that had a degree in electrical engineering, who worked for $11/hour screwing cases together.

Do you want to be the one to pay millions of dollars to cover free education for these people?

Additionally, when you don't have to pay for your education, then you can take classes that are useless, and get degrees that are worthless.

A degree in Art History, that qualifies you for Burger King.

That doesn't benefit society, and if the student is not paying the cost, what does he care?

On the other hand, if you are paying the full cost of a degree, chances are you will be wiser in what degree you choose.

Fish, need to buy a license AND provide the time, wish is another form of cost. Oil in the ground, buy the mineral rights, pay employees to get it out of the ground. Grass, better own the land. Trees, got to pay for 'em, pay people to cut them, pay people to transport them. Love...absolutely not free. Sunlight and air...got me there, have all you want. Education...not free. Buildings need paid for, books, electricity, teachers don't work for free, nor do administrators, janitors. You pay for them, and the air and sunlight will provide themselves.

You are talking crazy talk.

None of what you said is free. Maybe from some suedo definition, but economically, it's not free.

Economically speaking... if you want wood... you have to pay me to get it. I'm not spending my time to cut lumber, if you are not going to pay me. If you want to cut down your own lumber, fine. But unless you intend to hack at it with sharp rocks, my guess is you'll have to buy a chain saw and hatchet. So it's still not free.

If you don't pay me for the fish I catch... I'm keeping them. You want to get your own boat, and catch your own fish, that's fine. But unless you intend to make your own boats, make your own fishing poles, and your own bait... then even that is going to cost you money. So it's not "free".

Just like you want to catch wild game to eat, that's fine. But unless you know how to make your own guns, your own gun powder, and stuff your own bullets, that's all going to cost you money. It's not free.

Intangible things like "love" and "air", that are not the result of hard work and effort are free. Trying to make a comparison between "love" and "lumber" is ridiculous.

No doubt there will be those who would say that my promotion of free college education is "spam." Such things have happened to me before. But the point is that college education should be free! .....

It "shouldn't" be, it isn't anywhere, and it never will be. Spam is reposting the exact same fucking thing over and over and over as you have done with this one stupid idea.

.... In fact, we should actually PAY students to go to college. If having people who are college educated is good for society in general, then it is something worth the government subsidizing. ......

Having citizens with functioning digestive systems is good for society in general, but just because you want to be paid to take a shit and have big daddy government wipe your ass for you doesn't mean it's ever going to happen.

Fine. Go try grabbing McGillicutty's cow without paying for it and see how much buckshot you find in your ass.

Would there be a cow to take if grass wasn't free.

Make college free!

For whatever percentage want to go. Just because college is free in places like France and Germany, I doubt if every student chooses to go. Some are probably content to be cheese makers, plumbers, carpenters or whatever.

Make college free!

...college is free in places like France and Germany...

No, it's not.

Couple of things.

First.... the best education availible in the world, is in the capitalist pay-for-service system here in the US, not the free-socialized education in Europe.

8 of the top 10 Universities in the world, are all in the US. People come from France and Germany, to the US for education. You don't see many people going to France or Germany from the US for education. Why would you pay money to get less education elsewhere?

Of those 8 Universities, only ONE is publicly funded, that being Berkley, and ironically Berkley exists because of a merger between a private school and a public college.

Point being, the best schools are almost universally non-publicly funded, non-government controlled, private Universities where students pay to be educated.

Additionally, we already have tons of student support programs, and the results are very bad.

Do you really want to pay for a college student that spends all his time partying, and then doesn't use his degree?

I've met several so far. I knew a lady who had a degree in architecture, who worked at McDonald. I knew another that had a degree in electrical engineering, who worked for $11/hour screwing cases together.

Do you want to be the one to pay millions of dollars to cover free education for these people?

Additionally, when you don't have to pay for your education, then you can take classes that are useless, and get degrees that are worthless.

A degree in Art History, that qualifies you for Burger King.

That doesn't benefit society, and if the student is not paying the cost, what does he care?

On the other hand, if you are paying the full cost of a degree, chances are you will be wiser in what degree you choose.

Instead of spouting off a load of crap, you should listen to me as if the words were coming directly from GOD! First, all the Nordic countries have free higher education. And Finland has among the highest educated, if not the most educated students in the world! Want to know how they did it? They did away with homework! And multiple choice tests are virtually unheard of.

Next, you want to talk about universities? The U.S. has a population of about 319 million people. Finland has a population of about 5.5 million people. You might want to try a map overlay of Finland on the continental U.S. Or do so with Europe. The U.S. is much larger. Is it any wonder that we would have more and better universities?

As for student programs, they are a load of crap. Window dressing at best. As for the rest of your blah blah blah, just ask any country that provides free education what problems they are having. And if they have any, how they deal with them. I know that we shouldn't be doing what China does. Because in watching a program about their educational system, I found out that they have hordes of unemployed engineers. That doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Make college free!

For whatever percentage want to go. Just because college is free in places like France and Germany, I doubt if every student chooses to go. Some are probably content to be cheese makers, plumbers, carpenters or whatever.

For whatever percentage want to go.

That's not how they do it in Europe.

Fish, need to buy a license AND provide the time, wish is another form of cost. Oil in the ground, buy the mineral rights, pay employees to get it out of the ground. Grass, better own the land. Trees, got to pay for 'em, pay people to cut them, pay people to transport them. Love...absolutely not free. Sunlight and air...got me there, have all you want. Education...not free. Buildings need paid for, books, electricity, teachers don't work for free, nor do administrators, janitors. You pay for them, and the air and sunlight will provide themselves.

The fish aren't going to fillet themselves and jump into cans for you. But out in international waters, nobody owns them. They are free for the taking. As for oil, it isn't going to squirt out of the ground and into barrels for you. But if you find enough of it, buying the mineral rights to whatever land it is under is a nearly nonexistent cost. And what if you find oil under the ocean in international waters where no country owns that patch of ocean. Who would you pay mineral rights to.

As for grass, who has to pay for what deer, elk or moose eat. Also, there are many ranchers who graze their cattle on public land. And don't have to pay anybody for the grass they eat. As for love, are you trying to tell me that if you had a child you wouldn't love it for free? As for everything else, it should be just as free as anything else I mentioned. For any society to work, people themselves have to work. Seeing how that is going to happen no matter what, why not provide most of the things people need for free.

You are talking crazy talk.

None of what you said is free. Maybe from some suedo definition, but economically, it's not free.

Economically speaking... if you want wood... you have to pay me to get it. I'm not spending my time to cut lumber, if you are not going to pay me. If you want to cut down your own lumber, fine. But unless you intend to hack at it with sharp rocks, my guess is you'll have to buy a chain saw and hatchet. So it's still not free.

If you don't pay me for the fish I catch... I'm keeping them. You want to get your own boat, and catch your own fish, that's fine. But unless you intend to make your own boats, make your own fishing poles, and your own bait... then even that is going to cost you money. So it's not "free".

Just like you want to catch wild game to eat, that's fine. But unless you know how to make your own guns, your own gun powder, and stuff your own bullets, that's all going to cost you money. It's not free.

Intangible things like "love" and "air", that are not the result of hard work and effort are free. Trying to make a comparison between "love" and "lumber" is ridiculous.

YOU are the one talking crazy talk. What if a fisherman supplied the fish he caught for free. What if he needed a boat, fuel or whatever. They would be free too. Everybody uses goods and services that everybody else provides. What if everybody got what they needed for free from everybody else. What if everything was free like the air and sunlight.

Of course, the only drawback to any of this is that for those who are of more value to society because of the difficulty of what they do, such as being a doctor, they would be allowed to have more than others. Bigger houses, better appliances, better cars or whatever. In the past, they used to placate the powerful who wanted to have more than the average person was by only allowing them to be able to wear purple clothing.

Another drawback is giving people incentive to work. But to do that, all you need to do is treat them well. People can exist and live without the driving force of greed. Also, there are many people in the military who simply do what they're told. Despite that, there are many military people who decide to make a career out of the military. People who decide not to work will, so to speak, just dig their own graves.

No doubt there will be those who would say that my promotion of free college education is "spam." Such things have happened to me before. But the point is that college education should be free! .....

It "shouldn't" be, it isn't anywhere, and it never will be. Spam is reposting the exact same fucking thing over and over and over as you have done with this one stupid idea.

No. "Spam" is what people label something they don't want to hear. Then ban you for it. The point isn't fully discussed. Because the person presenting it is labeled as a spammer. Maybe someday if the topic is allowed to be fully debated and decided upon, then maybe bringing it back up can be labeled as spam.

Forum List

Back