Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

1712262607065.png

Turns out that on inspection, the propulsion system was flagged.

That ship should have never been allowed to enter the port in the first place!

Who's job is it to prevent this kind of shipwreck?

Currents will turn even the biggest ships in several directions.
Depends on weight, speed, direction and other which would determine a drastic change in bow to stern movement of a powerless drifting vessel. Yes current is a factor yet all depending in that situation.

One of the four remaining workers' bodies was recovered yesterday.

No, the pilot was not from Ukraine. That has been discussed a few times in this thread already.
The article you linked to says nothing about the pilot's nationality. They do go out of their way to refer to him as a "Maryland pilot" numerous times, which is curious. I did see an AP article that says both pilots are US citizens, and the captain and crew are Indian.

The article you linked to says nothing about the pilot's nationality. They do go out of their way to refer to him as a "Maryland pilot" numerous times, which is curious. I did see an AP article that says both pilots are US citizens, and the captain and crew are Indian.
MD Pilots are the best of the best. Someone can't just up and decide one day they want to be one. It takes more than 10 years of training and education to meet the requirements to apply for the Pilot's program (which is another 5 years of training and education).

• Pilots must serve a five-year apprenticeship before they become fully licensed. This is in addition to other training and education they must complete, including earning a bachelor’s degree from the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy or the other state maritime academies and experience on ships in other positions. Only a few of the hundreds of applicants for these apprenticeships are selected to participate in this five-year program.

So he was a Marylandian rather than a Ukrainian?

No, the pilot was not from Ukraine. That has been discussed a few times in this thread already.
I stand corrected.

They were Injuns!

Forum List

Back