FOX's Shep kicks dead celebrity

The point is that you and others assume it is due to "cowardice" instead of attributing it to the actual cause in a lot of instances, which is mental illness. And you still have not admitted to that point and keep trying to avoid it. It's SO transparent. Lol!

Have not admitted to that point?

My post acknowledged mental impairment explicitly :cuckoo:

My point is, mental impairment does not change the nature of the act.

Murder is wrong whether the murderer is mentally impaired or cognitive of the implications.

Suicide - leaving others behind to suffer, is cowardice whether the deceased is mentally impaired or cognitive of the implications.

Well, this is useless. To say that it makes no difference if you suffer from a mental illness or do not is just pretty unbelievable.

You obviously just don't understand the nature of mental illness. We'll just leave it at that.

Parting shot parting shot blah blah blah

The nature of mental illness is not hard to understand, it's not as well kept a secret as you're poo pooing about.

It doesn't change the nature of the act itself.

Oh ok, so he just throws that out there because it has no bearing on RW or what Shep said.

Typical liberal ploy.

Number 1) I'm a female. Number 2) I'm not a liberal. Number 3) My posts are totally on topic because, as I already explained numerous times, I am addressing you ignorant posters who don't know what you are talking about when it comes to depression and suicide.

Number 1) Doesn't matter.

Number 2) You don't fool anyone.

Number 3) No you got stuck on the depression angle when depression was never the topic to begin with.

What makes you such an expert on the topic again? Oh you were a member of a support group. :cuckoo:

I'm not trying to fool anyone. :cuckoo: You seem paranoid.

Depression is most certainly relevant because it is the NUMBER 1 reason why people commit suicide. Duh!

I am a medical transcriptionist and I have typed THOUSANDS of legal and medical documents about people who are suffering from mental health issues. I type about people who are held in psychiatric (or non-psychiatric) facilities on 5150 holds and more. I type about how the doctors handle these patients, how they dose and taper their medications, as well as all of the personal details of the patients and their past psychiatric histories.

Also I was a MEMBER of an online suicide support network for family members of suicide victims.

He already stated he had no idea

He is arguing for the sake of arguing

Oh ok, so he just throws that out there because it has no bearing on RW or what Shep said.

Typical liberal ploy.

Number 1) I'm a female. Number 2) I'm not a liberal. Number 3) My posts are totally on topic because, as I already explained numerous times, I am addressing you ignorant posters who don't know what you are talking about when it comes to depression and suicide.

You have zero credibility. Your second post in the thread is your assumption he had mental illness as a cause to his death. You were both judgmental and arrogant http://www.usmessageboard.com/9618016-post23.html You later tried to back peddle from that assumption and are now trying to convince yourself you are simple discussing depression as the threads op dictated.

Number 3) No you got stuck on the depression angle when depression was never the topic to begin with.

What makes you such an expert on the topic again? Oh you were a member of a support group. :cuckoo:

Depression is most certainly relevant because it is the NUMBER 1 reason why people commit suicide. Duh!

I am a medical transcriptionist and I have typed THOUSANDS of legal and medical documents about people who are suffering from mental health issues. I type about people who are held in psychiatric (or non-psychiatric) facilities on 5150 holds and more. I type about how the doctors handle these patients, how they dose and taper their medications, as well as all of the personal details of the patients and their past psychiatric histories.

Also I was a MEMBER of an online suicide support network for family members of suicide victims.

Trust me, you are in no position to diagnose paranoia much less depression.

Stick to what you know. Typing.

A person that commits suicide is a victim? Well, I suppose that could be correct since they harmed, injured or killed as a result of a crime.

A person that commits suicide is a victim? Well, I suppose that could be correct since they harmed, injured or killed as a result of a crime.

I'm in a much better position than you are, and I obviously understand it much better than you do too.

I know a LOT about this topic. Way more than you. You have come up with absolutely nothing except to throw insults around, make assumptions. You have provided no links to back up your assertions. The only thing you do is act like a stubborn old man. I'll bet you are an old man, over 50. This is typical behavior from your generation and not at ALL surprising, as I've run into it many times from you old guys. You are all stubborn and arrogant and think you know everything, but you are not well educated at all in such matters, and it really shows. Lol!

A paranoid old man at that. :D Ha-ha!

Suicide is the ultimate fuck you to the families. It's a way of saying "I may have made these shit problems. Now you deal with it." Suicide is an act of hate.

Suicide is a cowardly and selfish act.

It should never be lauded.

I am a great admirer of Robin Williams. He was a genius and I loved his work.

But what he did was sad and desperate. It should never be held up as a model for dealing with depression.

Pop23 is agreeing with Sallow?

What has this world come too?

Anyhow, Williams had the resources to battle his demons. Many don't. It is for those that have little or no money and battle on that get my admiration.

Thank you for contributing your well qualified thoughts on this painful subject.

Suicide is a cowardly act.

This shows your extremely POOR understanding of mental illness. Tell us, what is your psychiatric background that allows you to make such a comment. Do you know anything about suicide or depression? I think you probably do not based on your ignorant comment. Chronic depression is a mental illness.

These people are plagued with unhappiness, and it has nothing to do with being selfish or a coward.

Why would you say it's a "cowardly" act?

What mental illness was he suffering from and please provide the evidence of said mental illness.

Yes it is a cowardly act.

what is your psychiatric background ?

Someone calling themselves christ may have had experience with straight jackets but doesn't give you any authority on mental illness.
Depression and drug abuse. Which if you go read some articles you will it said.
Killing yourself is not an act of a coward. It's the act of someone lost.

Who are you to judge his situation? It takes a lot for someone to kill themselves. More so than most people who don't stand behind their convictions.

Had you been brought up right then you would have known to bite your tongue, but that day and age is over.

It's a shame he did this, but he is no coward.

wow, are we suppose to care about someone called, Shep?

That is hilarious! LOL .... Robin Williams himself would have loved that .....he would have laughed heartily!!!! :D

Sheep Smith on the other hand,gives me allergies, I dislike the man with a passion.:mad:

Fox news I love! It's the best source of news in my opinion!

What was he thinking.?

Sheppard Smith suggesting the late Robin Williams might just have been a 'coward' for committing suicide was a new low for on air 'live coverage' on August 11.....

....Maybe someone can smack it into Shep's plastic surgery repaired face that what might be cowardice is to sit behind a microphone and bad mouth a dead man less than 24 hours after his demise in a forum where his family and friends can hear it.

...When networks realize that the answer to all breaking news is NOT to have some high paid blowhard simply ad-lib endlessly while the facts are being uncovered, the better off all news channels will be.

Cowardice? Maybe... If cowardice means that one is simply tired of the fight. I can't see how it fits within a context wherein the individual was engaged for so long.

Depression is a killer. And drugs and alcohol only make it worse. Much MUCH worse.

Today, depression is epidemic throughout the western world, as people are watching their lives crumble, in large measure due to their own weaknesses and outside forces such as government policy that prohibits or at least restricts their means to earn a living or sustain themselves. Immorality is rampant and many people have shamed themselves through drug addled behavior... and on and on.

So, sure... there may be some level of the failure to act due to fear, but the loneliness and demoralization common to long term abuse of chemicals, is taking its toll on the western world and I am afraid that it is going to get MUCH worse, before it gets better.

What was he thinking.?

Sheppard Smith suggesting the late Robin Williams might just have been a 'coward' for committing suicide was a new low for on air 'live coverage' on August 11.....

....Maybe someone can smack it into Shep's plastic surgery repaired face that what might be cowardice is to sit behind a microphone and bad mouth a dead man less than 24 hours after his demise in a forum where his family and friends can hear it.

...When networks realize that the answer to all breaking news is NOT to have some high paid blowhard simply ad-lib endlessly while the facts are being uncovered, the better off all news channels will be.

Cowardice? Maybe... If cowardice means that one is simply tired of the fight. I can't see how it fits within a context wherein the individual was engaged for so long.

Depression is a killer. And drugs and alcohol only make it worse. Much MUCH worse.

Today, depression is epidemic throughout the western world, as people are watching their lives crumble, in large measure due to their own weaknesses and outside forces such as government policy that prohibits or at least restricts their means to earn a living or sustain themselves. Immorality is rampant and many people have shamed themselves through drug addled behavior... and on and on.

So, sure... there may be some level of the failure to act due to fear, but the loneliness and demoralization common to long term abuse of chemicals, is taking its toll on the western world and I am afraid that it is going to get MUCH worse, before it gets better.

I'd argue the drugs designed to fight depression is the root cause of suicide.

This is a nation addicted to drugs, be it prescribed or otherwise.

There is a drug for almost everything including fabricated illnesses.

I'm in a much better position than you are, and I obviously understand it much better than you do too.

I know a LOT about this topic. Way more than you. You have come up with absolutely nothing except to throw insults around, make assumptions. You have provided no links to back up your assertions. The only thing you do is act like a stubborn old man. I'll bet you are an old man, over 50. This is typical behavior from your generation and not at ALL surprising, as I've run into it many times from you old guys. You are all stubborn and arrogant and think you know everything, but you are not well educated at all in such matters, and it really shows. Lol!

I'd like to apologize for this remark. I was becoming a bit perturbed, so I apologize. It was rude and uncalled for.

I'd like to apologize for this remark. I was becoming a bit perturbed, so I apologize. It was rude and uncalled for.

Don't apologize for being who you are or for being totally wrong in your characterization of me.

I know typing reports doesn't make you an expert.

I know that sadness no matter how extreme isn't a mental illness.

I know that pharmaceutical companies want to sell as many drugs as that can . Many times they need to find an ailment for the drug they created. RLS is a prime example.

I know that sometimes the drug has side effects for more damaging than the disease it's designed to alleviate.

I know that medical experts in all fields as well as the drug companies has a big stake in convincing you that you need help.

Unlike you and your ilk, I don't buy into what the quacks of this world are selling. I have raised five children to the age of majority without one single major medical issue and with very limited doctor visits with the exception of required vaccinations, physicals for school sports, dental etc...

Don't apologize for being who you are or for being totally wrong in your characterization of me.

I know typing reports doesn't make you an expert.

I know that sadness no matter how extreme isn't a mental illness.

I know that pharmaceutical companies want to sell as many drugs as that can . Many times they need to find an ailment for the drug they created. RLS is a prime example.

I know that sometimes the drug has side effects for more damaging than the disease it's designed to alleviate.

I know that medical experts in all fields as well as the drug companies has a big stake in convincing you that you need help.

Unlike you and your ilk, I don't buy into what the quacks of this world are selling. I have raised five children to the age of majority without one single major medical issue and with very limited doctor visits with the exception of required vaccinations, physicals for school sports, dental etc...

Well, I was mostly apologizing for painting with a wide brush. I still feel that way about you, as you have demonstrated the kind of person you are in this thread. :D So don't think that apology was meant for you personally, and I really don't care about your personal life. That means absolutely nothing and is completely irrelevant to anything. Why you felt the need to share, I don't know, because nobody was asking. Lol.

Another thing is that you are just wrong, as you have been about everything you've claimed in this thread. One need not be a psychiatrist to know that much. Lol!

Here, for the benefit of you and everyone else reading, I'll prove you wrong one more time. :lol:

NAMI | What is Depression

How NAMI is Governed

NAMI is a 501(c)3 non-profit membership organization governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. To learn more about the structure, vision and performance of NAMI, see below:

National Board of Directors
NAMI National Bylaws (Adobe PDF format)
2011-2013 Strategic Plan (PDF, 164 KB)
NAMI Board Operating Policies and Procedures (Adobe PDF format)
Advisory Councils
Annual Reports & 990s
Major Foundation and Corporate Support

As you can see by the above, this is a NOT for profit organization with no bias.

What is depression?
Major depression is a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. It is a serious medical illness that affects one’s thoughts, feelings, behavior, mood and physical health. Depression is a life-long condition in which periods of wellness alternate with recurrences of illness.
Each year depression affects 5-8 percent of adults in the United States. This means that about 25 million Americans will have an episode of major depression this year alone, but only one-half receive treatment. Without treatment, the frequency and severity of these symptoms tend to increase over time. All age groups and all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups can experience depression.
Some individuals may only have one episode of depression in a lifetime, but often people have recurrent episodes. More than one-half of people who experience a first episode of depression will have at least one other episode during his/her lifetime. Some people may have several episodes in the course of a year, and others may have ongoing symptoms. If untreated, episodes commonly last anywhere from a few months to many years.
Major depression is also known as clinical depression, major depressive illness, major affective disorder and unipolar mood disorder. It involves some combination of the following symptoms: depressed mood (sadness), poor concentration, insomnia, fatigue, appetite disturbances, excessive guilt and thoughts of suicide. Left untreated, depression can lead to serious impairment in daily functioning and even suicide, which is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. Researchers believe that more than one-half of people who die by suicide are experiencing depression. Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide and represents a global public health challenge. According to the World Health Organization, it is the forth-leading contributor to Global Burden of Disease, and by 2020, depression is projected to be the second-leading cause. Devastating as this disease may be, it is treatable in most people. The availability of effective treatments and a better understanding of the biological basis for depression may lessen the barriers that can prevent early detection, accurate diagnosis and the decision to seek medical treatment.

Okay? So you can stay in your narrow little world of denial, but anyone else with half a brain knows the truth about depression. :D You just look . . . foolish and ignorant.

Another thing is that you are just wrong, as you have been about everything you've claimed in this thread. One need not be a psychiatrist to know that much. Lol!

Here, for the benefit of you and everyone else reading, I'll prove you wrong one more time. :lol:

NAMI | What is Depression

As you can see by the above, this is a NOT for profit organization with no bias.

What is depression?...Devastating as this disease may be, it is treatable in most people.

Okay? So you can stay in your narrow little world of denial, but anyone else with half a brain knows the truth about depression. :D You just look . . . foolish and ignorant.

Depression is a Mental Disorder, not a Disease

Forum List

Back