Fox News Turns on Rubio

New Economy

Rookie
Feb 7, 2016
Fox News has spent the past couple of days absolutely trashing Marco Rubio after his bad choice of repeating the same line 3 times in a row. Even though the rest of his debate performance wasn't bad, they have spent the majority of their air time trashing him to no end. They had previously been singing his praises. CNN, though, has been covering all of the candidates equally as they usually do over the past couple days, picking on everyone in the GOP equally. Same with MSNBC. Fox has also spent the last two days saying Bush and Kasich were absolutely fabulous in the debate, almost to the point that they were the second coming of Ronald Reagan. (Even though they were as boring and mundane in the debate as they have been in all the debates) They have hardly mentioned Trump at all after they have spent everyday for the past 6 months mentioning Trump's name constantly throughout every day. Cruz has hardly been mentioned either.

This seems to be a blatant ploy by Fox to extend the GOP primary by trying to fluff up the losers who will be out of the race in the next week or two and pushing down the 3 winners who will probably be fighting all the way the convention for the nomination.

We all know the news media has become an editorialized form of entertainment and not really a straight form of news communication anymore. We have to sort through all the BS to try and find the real story by shoveling around the bias and innuendo to find the truth. (if possible).

It's truly a sad time in our history when every channel (or internet page) you turn to has a massive agenda they're trying to shove down our throats.

Fox News reports on Rubios robotic performance and Fox is the bad guy? Lol

Rubio made himself look like an unprepared amateur. His dismal debate performance is very much newsworthy

Rubio made himself look like an unprepared amateur. His dismal debate performance is very much newsworthy

Rubio did not impress me at all and Christie handed him ( Rubio ) his ass while taking a chunk out of it!

Fox is just pointing out the weak candidate Rubio is.

I swear someone need to step up or it will be Trump!

Rubio just isn't ready. I hope his backers shift over to the much more experienced Kasich, who is probably has the best experience of the GOP candidates. And unlike Rubio, when Kasich was in Washington, he actually worked for those who elected him and did the job he was elected to do..

Rubio just isn't ready. I hope his backers shift over to the much more experienced Kasich, who is probably has the best experience of the GOP candidates. And unlike Rubio, when Kasich was in Washington, he actually worked for those who elected him and did the job he was elected to do..

Kasich isn't crazy enough for the GOP base.

I have never really liked Kasich but he did very well the other night. Like Rubio he had a habit of repeating the same talking points too often. He would mix his accomplishments or positions into those talking points and it just all went over my head as I was sick of hearing it. The other night he broke that mold and showed himself from a different perspective.

In the end I'm just glad we have choices unlike the Democrats

I didn't see the dismal, I just see a lot of people parroting what they hear. It wasn't his best performance but it's funny as hell to hear the critics say he's a smooth talking establishment guy then in the next breath call him robotic. Which is it?

I wouldn't mind a Kasich/Rubio ticket

and down the road, a Rubio/? ticket, after he's had some seasoning

Marco Rubio is by far their most dangerous candidate as far as electability is concerned. They're very stupid to trash him like that.

Kasich isn't crazy enough for the GOP base.
With Hillary and Sanders duking it out in left field? LOL

I didn't see the dismal, I just see a lot of people parroting what they hear. It wasn't his best performance but it's funny as hell to hear the critics say he's a smooth talking establishment guy then in the next breath call him robotic. Which is it?
The only person I've been a critic of is Trump so I dunno what to tell you. And that performance was VERY robotic. Don't know how you could characterize it any other way.

While I agree with your statement about Rubio, you're missing the point of the OP. The title he chose doesn't help his cause, but his OP is pretty accurate about the state of affairs with our "media".

The only person I've been a critic of is Trump so I dunno what to tell you. And that performance was VERY robotic. Don't know how you could characterize it any other way.
I saw the debate and didn't think so and wondered what debate people saw. They did play certain clips over and over but I don't let the media alter my perceptions.

I saw the debate and didn't think so and wondered what debate people saw. They did play certain clips over and over but I don't let the media alter my perceptions.
I watched the debate on youtube and have not watched ANY news reports on it yet. He repeated himself 3 times in 5 minutes in full. He also TRIED to use the same line multiple times later but caught himself. He appears to me to be the most scripted person running on our side.

Christie had his number and if the op wants to be mad at someone for exposing him it should be Christie

Rubio was really not up to speed.

Fox and MSNBC are telling it straight.

Fox News has spent the past couple of days absolutely trashing Marco Rubio after his bad choice of repeating the same line 3 times in a row. Even though the rest of his debate performance wasn't bad, they have spent the majority of their air time trashing him to no end. They had previously been singing his praises. CNN, though, has been covering all of the candidates equally as they usually do over the past couple days, picking on everyone in the GOP equally. Same with MSNBC. Fox has also spent the last two days saying Bush and Kasich were absolutely fabulous in the debate, almost to the point that they were the second coming of Ronald Reagan. (Even though they were as boring and mundane in the debate as they have been in all the debates) They have hardly mentioned Trump at all after they have spent everyday for the past 6 months mentioning Trump's name constantly throughout every day. Cruz has hardly been mentioned either.

This seems to be a blatant ploy by Fox to extend the GOP primary by trying to fluff up the losers who will be out of the race in the next week or two and pushing down the 3 winners who will probably be fighting all the way the convention for the nomination.

We all know the news media has become an editorialized form of entertainment and not really a straight form of news communication anymore. We have to sort through all the BS to try and find the real story by shoveling around the bias and innuendo to find the truth. (if possible).

It's truly a sad time in our history when every channel (or internet page) you turn to has a massive agenda they're trying to shove down our throats.

trashing Rubio? or covering Rubio?

there's a difference. and when someone has a possibility of winning, they get everything thrown at them...

I watched the debate on youtube and have not watched ANY news reports on it yet. He repeated himself 3 times in 5 minutes in full. He also TRIED to use the same line multiple times later but caught himself. He appears to me to be the most scripted person running on our side.

Christie had his number and if the op wants to be mad at someone for exposing him it should be Christie

Rubio is cute and charming. his policies are the same terrible policies as all but the most xenophobic of the rightwingers. but he doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Forum List

Back