Fox News Projects Owens to win, Republicans lose Seat for First Time in Century.

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Fox News Projects Owens to win, Republicans lose Seat for First Time in Century. Sarah Palin failed CF and Sinatra. :lol:

:party: :party: :party:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8arvEzHsA8]YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop[/ame]

Last edited:
Actually, this is the best way it could turn out for the Republican Party. If Hoffman had won a squeaker in a district that has been traditionally a strong Republican district, the Conservatives would have seen that as a mandate. And, in 2010, thown a bunch of seats to the Democrats in districts with a much less strong Republican background.

Fox News Projects Owens to win, Republicans lose a Century Old Seat. Sarah Palin's midas touch failed to work.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop

For someone who entered the race less than a month ago, a virtual un-know with no money, still quite a showing. Did you happen to see what happened to Corzine in New Jersey, after Obama spent all weekend campaigning for him. Did you also see McDonald win by a landslide in Virginia. Oh no you would not want to talk about that now would you. Many republican wins all over the place, bad night for dems, good one for repubs.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Guess what's coming your way in 2010. Major loses for your party.

Actually, this is the best way it could turn out for the Republican Party. If Hoffman had won a squeaker in a district that has been traditionally a strong Republican district, the Conservatives would have seen that as a mandate. And, in 2010, thown a bunch of seats to the Democrats in districts with a much less strong Republican background.

But if you look at the reactions of people like Sinatra, so called "Conservatives" will try anyways. They see this as a victory. :lol:

For someone who entered the race less than a month ago, a virtual un-know with no money, still quite a showing. Did you happen to see what happened to Corzine in New Jersey, after Obama spent all weekend campaigning for him. Did you also see McDonald win by a landslide in Virginia. Oh no you would not want to talk about that now would you. Many republican wins all over the place, bad night for dems, good one for repubs.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Guess what's coming your way in 2010. Major loses for your party.

Irrelevant, he raised more than enough money and endorsements thanks to the Republicans.

Someone's peeved over this but it sure ain't me. :lol:

Fox News Projects Owens to win, Republicans lose Seat for First Time in Century. Sarah Palin failed CF and Sinatra. :lol:

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop

:lol::lol: Nice try--but you're talking about "small potatoes" compared to actually what happened tonight. Hoffman came in very late--an unknown--& what's amazing is he came SO CLOSE. To add about 6800 idiots in this district did not know that Dede dropped out over the weekend & voted for her--which would have put Hoffman as the winner in this race. This AFTER this Republican district really screwed up & put up Dede for their candidate--basically a liberal female democrat with an R behind her name. I doubt the republican party will make that same MISTAKE twice--:lol::lol:

The first shot across the bough was taken tonight & it went right over the U.S. democrat controlled congress, The U.S democrat controlled senate & of course the democrat controlled White House.:clap2::clap2:

President Obama has lost his charm with the voters of New Jersey. He was out there 5 times including most of this weekend trying to drag Governor Corzine over the finish line. This along with Corzine throwing 30 MILLION dollars of his own money at his re-election campaign. New Jersey is obviously very bad news for democrats in 2010. New Jersey being the bluest of blue states has just done a 180 degree turn to conservatism. Independents in this state overwhelmingly voted for Governor elect Criss Christie.

Virginia--voted for Obama overwhemling by 15 points. Republican McDonnell just gave Gov. Deeds a 20 point thrashing & a pink slip. Meaning what went to democrats in 2008 for a 15 point advantage just went back to Republicans for a 25 advantage. Huge change.

The Tsunami has started on the east coast-& it is going to continue to roll through this country through 2010-in which liberal democrats have no shot what-so-ever of retaining their seats.

I doubt that President Obama & Nancy Pelosi will be making fun of tea partiers anymore. This country is mad as hell & even democrats who voted for them are not going to take it anymore. Tonight was overwhelming evidence of that.

$To save the world I demand 1 trillion dollars.jpg

Last edited:
Great attempt in trying to derail the thread, troll.

Where are we getting the 100 year thing?

New York's 23rd congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This district has been redistricted so much I can't decipher its history.

The Democrats haven't won that specific district area since 1890 or something along the lines of that.

Notice after 1980 it was redistricted.
I see lots of Dems on that chart in the 20th Century. I see a Dem winning it in 1923 before any redistricting. Looks like he was re-elected in '27 and '31.

Last edited:
Where are we getting the 100 year thing?

New York's 23rd congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This district has been redistricted so much I can't decipher its history.

The Democrats haven't won that specific district area since 1890 or something along the lines of that.
That's simply wrong according to the chart at the link.

I see a Democrat cat that assumed the office in 1923 and obviously got re-elected at least a couple of times, served eleven years before resigning the seat in 1934 to take a robe on the bench.

So would it be the 1934 election last won by a Dem there? That's not quite 100 years, but who's counting or looking for any kind of accuracy, when regurgitated hyperbole is so much more fun for partisans?

I see lots of Dems on that chart in the 20th Century. I see a Dem winning it in 1923 before any redistricting. Looks like he was re-elected in '27 and '31.

Owens Edges Hoffman For NY-23 Seat

(RTTNews) - Democrat Bill Owens outlasted Conservative candidate Doug Hoffman on Tuesday to claim the vacant seat for New York State's 23rd Congressional District - becoming the first Democrat to win the seat in more than 100 years.

You'd have to look it up as to why, I'm not sure.

Owens Edges Hoffman For NY-23 Seat

(RTTNews) - Democrat Bill Owens outlasted Conservative candidate Doug Hoffman on Tuesday to claim the vacant seat for New York State's 23rd Congressional District - becoming the first Democrat to win the seat in more than 100 years.
You'd have to look it up as to why, I'm not sure.
It's simply not accurate, as I have shown you.

I called it....dems would win in VA, lose in NY and barely win in NJ....

Damn, I suck. We won in NY? What da..

I see a Democrat cat that assumed the office in 1923 and obviously got re-elected at least a couple of times, served eleven years before resigning the seat in 1934 to take a robe on the bench.

So would it be the 1934 election last won by a Dem there? That's not quite 100 years, but who's counting or looking for any kind of accuracy, when regurgitated hyperbole is so much more fun for partisans?

Look at my link above. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with land area or along the lines of that.

Look at my link above. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with land area or along the lines of that.
Look at the chart. There was NO redistricting, and the guy served eleven years.

Nothing has really changed. It is more accurate to say that a conservative has not held the seat for the past 100 years.

An R or a D really doesn't say much. It gives the Dems one more seat in the house. Big deal.

In the end, it is ideology that matters. Though looking at the results, I have to say that the polling sure seemed to be off by a mile. Not surprising really.

Forum List

Back