FOX news out of Britian

A few years ago I was in the UK on business for a week.

In the evenings I would sometimes watch the TV in my room. British television has the most boring programs and shows in the history of mankind.

It was then that I realized why all the local pubs are packed with people every evening. .... :cool:

From the OP's article.......It was a business decision. .... :cool:

"Fox News is focused on the U.S. market and designed for a U.S. audience and, accordingly, it averages only a few thousand viewers across the day in the U.K.," 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

"We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.,"
Also from the article, Fox only had about 2,000 viewers in Britain. Like I said, they've got taste.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Celebrity Big Brother is so classy.

:lmao:

Gogglebox’s Sandra Martin reveals she’d have sex on TV AND turn lesbian if she was on Celebrity Big Brother like BFF Sandi Bogle

The bubbly TV star, who quit the Channel 4 show this summer, would treat fans to some very X-Rated scenes after confessing a secret crush on Jemma Lucy

Gogglebox's Sandra Martin reveals she'd have sex on TV AND turn lesbian if she was on Celebrity Big Brother like BFF Sandi Bogle

ETA; I have to admit I became addicted to Coronation Street for a while when I had television.

:)
I've never watched reality tv. I don't like it. I like PBS Brit shows like Sherlock and Last Tango in Halifax, though.

Ever watched "Are you being served?" or that other one about that overbearing woman Hyacinth?
Once each. My neighbor loves the Hyacinth one though. She's kind of snooty herself, so I guess she can relate. Doc Martin is funny; I like that. My favorite was Red Dwarf--the stupidest show in history and I loved it.

Yep They said that broadcasting trash would be detrimental to their financial goals in England. Fortunately for them, it still makes them a fortune in the US.

Also from the article, Fox only had about 2,000 viewers in Britain. Like I said, they've got taste.

NOt really. I think the person who said that Fox being in the UK might complicate Newscorps attempt to take over Skye news had it right.

Similiarly, for a time, Murdoch owned the Chicago Sun-Times, and pretty much ruined its reputation by trying to make it like the post. But when Fox acquired Channel 32, they had to sell the Times.
I'm not actually commenting on whatever business decision is being made by whomever. I'm commenting on a few thousand viewers country wide in Britain. They don't like it. I don't blame them.

From the OP's article.......It was a business decision. .... :cool:

"Fox News is focused on the U.S. market and designed for a U.S. audience and, accordingly, it averages only a few thousand viewers across the day in the U.K.," 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

"We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.,"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Celebrity Big Brother is so classy.

:lmao:

Gogglebox’s Sandra Martin reveals she’d have sex on TV AND turn lesbian if she was on Celebrity Big Brother like BFF Sandi Bogle

The bubbly TV star, who quit the Channel 4 show this summer, would treat fans to some very X-Rated scenes after confessing a secret crush on Jemma Lucy

Gogglebox's Sandra Martin reveals she'd have sex on TV AND turn lesbian if she was on Celebrity Big Brother like BFF Sandi Bogle

ETA; I have to admit I became addicted to Coronation Street for a while when I had television.

:)
I've never watched reality tv. I don't like it. I like PBS Brit shows like Sherlock and Last Tango in Halifax, though.

Ever watched "Are you being served?" or that other one about that overbearing woman Hyacinth?
Once each. My neighbor loves the Hyacinth one though. She's kind of snooty herself, so I guess she can relate. Doc Martin is funny; I like that. My favorite was Red Dwarf--the stupidest show in history and I loved it.

It's a different kind of humor. Silly without being insulting to the viewer.

I'm not actually commenting on whatever business decision is being made by whomever. I'm commenting on a few thousand viewers country wide in Britain. They don't like it. I don't blame them.
Like the article said, it was focused on American news and issues.

Conversely, I doubt a full time British news TV station would be a big hit here in the US either. .... :cool:

Like the article said, it was focused on American news and issues.

Conversely, I doubt a full time British news TV station would be a big hit here in the US either. .... :cool:
True. Figuring out our own politics is plenty.

Seems odd that the entertainment news of fux is not truthful enough for the brits to watch.

Fox News pulled off the air in Britain

I guess the Brits got tired of the lies propping up the COMRADE!
From the article...

"21st Century Fox, has announced that the controversial news channel will no longer be broadcast in the U.K. after failing to attract an audience. The network has also become a lightning rod for critics seeking to spoil the Murdochs' planned $15 billion takeover of Sky, the top pay TV provider in the U.K.

"We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.," it added.

Putting it succinctly, the Brits are WAY too smart for the FOXNEWS brand of bullchips.

Forum List

Back