Fox news nationwide poll shows ron paul has huge lead in popularity

Yeah, it's all about oil company profits........Afghanistan sure does pump out o' lot oil, eh?

Unlike the neo-con adventures in Iraq, that war was actually justified. When the Taliban failed to give up bin Laden, Ron Paul voted for war against Afghanistan. When it's about real defense, he does what is called for.

Swing and miss...
No, son.....Once again, you swung and missed...If it was all about oil, we'd be paying very low prices right now, while the oil companies profits would soar through the roof based on sales volume alone.

And, you do know that the oil companies profit margins are perfectly in line with all other heavy industry, correct?

No, son.....Once again, you swung and missed...If it was all about oil, we'd be paying very low prices right now, while the oil companies profits would soar through the roof based on sales volume alone.

And, you do know that the oil companies profit margins are perfectly in line with all other heavy industry, correct?

LOL.. right. Gramps, oil companies are making record profits (do you ever even read the news?). And it's not just oil. Our sons and daughters are fighting and dying for a wide range of similar 'interests'. None of them have squat to do with defending America though. Just our 'interests'.

LOL.. right. Gramps, oil companies are making record profits (do you ever even read the news?). And it's not just oil. Our sons and daughters are fighting and dying for a wide range of similar 'interests'. None of them have squat to do with defending America though. Just our 'interests'.
Oil campanies profits are perfectly in line with all other heavy industry. They do have a right to make a profit.

And if they were getting all these great deals on oil as you seem to think they are because we're at war over there, they could lower prices immensly and blow their profits through the roof based on sheer sales volume alone.

Ya see, Paul and his Paulette zealots seem to think we should just abandon all of our allies and leave them twisting in the wind. Chuck our ineterests across the world out the window. They seem to think we're in the 1770's, and the world view hasn't changed since then......That's dangerous, and it's why Ron Paul has no chance in hell of ever being president.

Facts are facts. It's just the way it is

Do you know anything economics?..........'cause i've seen you on a few threads up here dealing with economics, and you don't seem to have a solid grasp on it.

Of course, you're right. They're sending money to him because they don't like him.

You would have credibility if you just admitted you didnt read the whole article.
As it is, you have no credibility.
And wipe that "classical liberal" shit off your avatar. You're anything but.

Wow, where did that come from? Have I been rude to you? I had thought you a reasonable person with whom to discuss these kind of topics. I'll know for the future.

No, I didn't read that article because it was like so many others, all of which made clear Paul gets the vast majority of military contributions.

Really uncalled for ad hominem attack there Rabbi. I expected more from a reasonable conservative and fellow Jew.

Where did that come from? You were dishonest. You made a statement you couldn't support, got called on it, and then farted out some nonsense to cover yourself.
The truth is that there is no proof military officers overwhelmingly support Paul. Just admit it and be done.

The point is that if we weren't in the Middle East, there would be no motivation for the terrorists to attack us.

You dont' get it.
They dont need motivation. IN 2008 al Qaeda bombed the Danish embassy in Pakistan. Is it because the Danes are bent on world hegemony?
No.

Rabbi:

Not even clear that Al Qaeda was the org that did the bombing.. If you get an address and an admission -- we dial in GPS coordinates. Barring that -- we CANNOT occupy and clear 15 possible countries of all the Moslem radicals. I know you'd like to go blow them up and then pay to rebuild all 15 of them. At 10 years and about $1Trill each -- that's just not sane..

Oh wait a minute --- makes sense that you'd think that way..

9/11 was an inside job. Vote Paul!
RonPaul2.jpg

And this is why ROn Paul will never get elected.

Yeah, it's all about oil company profits........Afghanistan sure does pump out o' lot oil, eh?

Unlike the neo-con adventures in Iraq, that war was actually justified. When the Taliban failed to give up bin Laden, Ron Paul voted for war against Afghanistan. When it's about real defense, he does what is called for.

Swing and miss...

If Iraq were about oil we could have had all the oil we wanted by simply dropping sanctions against Saddam. Since it is a world-traded commodity he could have sold only at prevailing prices, which would be lower due to higher supply.
I've always said the narco-libertarians are really just leftists dressed up in the constitution.

Wow, where did that come from? Have I been rude to you?

Heh... That's pretty much all you do. You realize it more or less discredits your post before we even start to read them, right?

I only say that because sometimes, hidden amongst all the polemics and jackassitude, you do make a good point. But mostly they get lost in all the nonsense.

Swing and miss...

If Iraq were about oil we could have had all the oil we wanted by simply dropping sanctions against Saddam. Since it is a world-traded commodity he could have sold only at prevailing prices, which would be lower due to higher supply.
I've always said the narco-libertarians are really just leftists dressed up in the constitution.

Don't be daft. Iraq might not have been about oil in the sense that we came up with a nefarious plot to invade and steal their resources, but it was certainly about oil in the sense that our reliance on petrol draws us into conflicts in nations that we wouldn't get into otherwise.

Why did we go into Iraq twice in a decade?

You'll notice we never invade Nigeria because we fear they have "Weapons of Mass Destruction".

Pragmatically, I understand it. Our nation would be screwed without oil. I'd just like to see people be fucking honest about it.

The world has changed, get it?

Paul's platform would have worked fine according to the world view back then. Unfortunately, he seems to think the world view hasn't changed. Our interests worldwide haven't changed.

And of course, he pretty much blew his own self out of the water during the debate the other night, and his claim that Iran should have nukes........He's fuckin' nuts.:cuckoo:

Our 'interests' are what's gone off the rails. Dr. Paul doesn't believe in sending our soldiers to third world shitholes to die for oil company profits.

Have ya' seen the price o' gas lately?.....Yeah, it's all about oil.

The ousting of the Taliban in Afghanistan was extremely convenient for the natural gas industry and its interests in Asia. In the 1990's there was a project to build a major pipeline through central Asia that would bring Caspian Sea reserves through, but it had to pass through Afghanistan so the support of the Taliban was necessary. After Bin Laden bombed the African embassies in Africa, the Taliban gave its support to him and the deal to build the pipeline broke down because it could not be completed if Afghanistan was now off limits.

Kabuled Together - Forbes.com

U.S. Companies Eye Trans-Afghan Pipeline | Energy Bulletin

Maybe it means something, maybe it means nothing. But you can't argue that getting rid of the Taliban has been extremely convenient to energy interests.

Don't be daft. Iraq might not have been about oil in the sense that we came up with a nefarious plot to invade and steal their resources, but it was certainly about oil in the sense that our reliance on petrol draws us into conflicts in nations that we wouldn't get into otherwise.

You'll notice we never invade Nigeria because we fear they have "Weapons of Mass Destruction".

Pragmatically, I understand it. Our nation would be screwed without oil. I'd just like to see people be fucking honest about it.
I am not certain what point you make.
If it were about oil we would be invading Nigeria. Or Mexico. But we aren't. So it isn't necessarily about oil. But it is about geopolitics. And Iraq was a dangerous country that was destabilizing the region.

You dont' get it.
They dont need motivation. IN 2008 al Qaeda bombed the Danish embassy in Pakistan. Is it because the Danes are bent on world hegemony?
No.

Rabbi:

Not even clear that Al Qaeda was the org that did the bombing.. If you get an address and an admission -- we dial in GPS coordinates. Barring that -- we CANNOT occupy and clear 15 possible countries of all the Moslem radicals. I know you'd like to go blow them up and then pay to rebuild all 15 of them. At 10 years and about $1Trill each -- that's just not sane..

RonPaul2.jpg

Why because you found a picture of 2 guys holding 1 sign at a rally with possibly thousands of people?

If Rick Perry has people like you on his side he might end up getting owned for looking like a dumbass.

Rabbi:

RonPaul2.jpg

Why because you found a picture of 2 guys holding 1 sign at a rally with possibly thousands of people?

If Rick Perry has people like you on his side he might end up getting owned for looking like a dumbass.

Yeah, those guys weren't typical of Paul supporters.
00009-nwo3.jpg

kokeshantiwar.jpg

ANd of course
2179173334_4b92881b97.jpg

RonPaul2.jpg

00009-nwo3.jpg

kokeshantiwar.jpg

ANd of course

LOL, and you won't stop... You can't attack Ron Paul on this issues so go after some pictures of a handfull of his supporters.

What makes me happy is Ron Paul is running for President and doing very well... Like top 2-3 kind of well. So why would I care about another hater posting mindless pictures on the internet? I can't wait for all the freaked out God people to start standing around with wacked out crazy signs calling Rick the new Jesus! Fun times ahead.

RonPaul2.jpg

00009-nwo3.jpg

kokeshantiwar.jpg

ANd of course

Not understanding your point with this one.

What's wrong with being a patriot?

Or are you saying that if you think something is wrong in this country you should not speak out about it?

Just trying to get a handle on your post.

00009-nwo3.jpg

kokeshantiwar.jpg

ANd of course

LOL, and you won't stop... You can't attack Ron Paul on this issues so go after some pictures of a handfull of his supporters.

What makes me happy is Ron Paul is running for President and doing very well... Like top 2-3 kind of well. So why would I care about another hater posting mindless pictures on the internet? I can't wait for all the freaked out God people to start standing around with wacked out crazy signs calling Rick the new Jesus! Fun times ahead.

Ron Pauls policies are the addressed in a different thread. Right now I was responding to the notion that one picture wasn't representative of Paul's supporters. So I post many more. And that doesnt count all the crazy shit posted on internet sites by Paulians.

I am not certain what point you make.
If it were about oil we would be invading Nigeria. Or Mexico. But we aren't. So it isn't necessarily about oil. But it is about geopolitics. And Iraq was a dangerous country that was destabilizing the region.

It is necessarily about oil. Oil is what makes Iraq geopolitically relevant. Iraq was destabilizing the region? Wow. I guess Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, and Yemen just can't do anything, huh? We have to go over and act as their muscle? Why would we extend such generosity to desert shithole nations? Oh yeah, they have oil.

BTW, I thought we went into Iraq for those WMDs.

Clearly we are involved in the Middle East because of oil. But that's different from saying we invaded Iraq because of oil. We invaded Iraq because of national security concerns, even if those concerns were misguided. We didn't invade Iraq so Exxon could take over the oilfields.

It is necessarily about oil. Oil is what makes Iraq geopolitically relevant. Iraq was destabilizing the region? Wow. I guess Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, and Yemen just can't do anything, huh? We have to go over and act as their muscle? Why would we extend such generosity to desert shithole nations? Oh yeah, they have oil.

The push for war in Iraq was long term neo-con 'strategery'. They believed that creating a compliant, US-friendly state in the heart of the region would work as a catalyst to spread our values throughout the region. This goal was driven by access to oil, to be sure, but it was also about establishing a US foothold in the region for general military expansion. What it didn't have anything to do with was defending the US from attack - unless you subscribe to the notion that the only way to defend ourselves is to rule the world.

Last edited:

The push for war in Iraq was long term neo-con 'strategery'. They believed that creating a compliant, US-friendly state in the heart of the region would work as a catalyst to spread our values throughout the region. This goal was driven by access to oil, to be sure, but it was also about establishing a US foothold in the region for general military expansion. What it didn't have anything to do with was defending the US from attack - unless you subscribe to the notion that the only way to defend ourselves is to rule the world.

I guess Saddam had not invaded other countries, was in perfect compliance with peace accords, and did not have a 20 year record of supporting terrorism.

Forum List

Back