Fox News is Fair and Balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jun/19/jeanine-pirro/foxs-pirro-obama-set-isis-leader-free-2009/

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi was "released by Obama in 2009."

irro said that Obama released the current head of ISIS from government custody in 2009. The Defense Department said that the man now known as Baghdadi was released in 2004. The evidence that Baghdadi was still in custody in 2009 appears to be the recollection of an Army colonel who said Baghdadi’s "face is very familiar."

Even if the colonel is right, Baghdadi was not set free; he was handed over to the Iraqis who released him some time later. But more important, the legal contract between the United States and Iraq that guaranteed that the United States would give up custody of virtually every detainee was signed during the Bush administration. It would have required an extraordinary effort to have held on to Baghdadi and there is no evidence that he was on anyone’s radar screen, assuming that he was in custody at all in 2009.

The U.S.-Iraq agreement drove the release of thousands of detainees in 2009, but Obama had nothing to do with that.

We rate the claim False.

Yet their are yahoos out there that still believe this.

Napolitano: Washington lacks constitutional right to own land in Western states | PunditFact

"The Constitution simply does not authorize the federal government to own any of this land (in the Western states)."

Napolitano said the federal government has no constitutional authority to own land in many Western states. The underlying legal argument rests on a tenuous interpretation of constitutional language and the rejection of about 125 years of Supreme Court decisions. The legal scholars we reached, regardless of any political leanings they might have, agreed that the Constitution clearly grants Washington the power to own land and that arguments to the contrary are baseless.

We rate the claim Pants on Fire.

This is why so-called "Constitutionalists" have no clue how the Constitution works.

Ann Coulter says a friend's sister "died from Obamacare" because Blue Shield of California left | PunditFact

A friend’s sister "died from Obamacare" because Blue Shield "completely just pulled out of California."

Coulter said a friend’s sister "died from Obamacare" because she was "thrown off her insurance plan, you know Blue Shield completely just pulled out of California."

We're not fact-checking whether someone died. We're looking at the circumstances Coulter presented.

Blue Shield did not pull out of California, and the company did not leave people without insurance. In fact, customers were allowed to keep their existing insurance plans through March. If the basic facts of Coulter’s story are accurate, the woman in question elected to drop insurance coverage.

Whatever the story of Blue Shield, saying someone died "from Obamacare" is incendiary and grossly misleading.

Coulter’s claim rates Pants on Fire.

FOX's angel lying her ass off as usual.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/dec/12/bill-oreilly/oreilly-denver-post-hired-editor-promote-pot/

"The 'Denver Post' has actually hired an editor to promote pot."

O’Reilly said the Denver Post was a "far left concern" that had "actually hired an editor to promote pot". This goes to the newspaper's intent. The Denver Post said it planned to cover many aspects of the unfolding story of legalized marijuana in the state, ranging from policy and laws to the culture of pot users.

While that coverage has yet to unfold, the stated goals of the Post do not match O’Reilly’s description of the newspaper’s intentions and we heard nothing from the show that supported O’Reilly’s view.

We rate the claim False.

O'Reilly is a Blow-hard. He lives to embellish the truth in order to keep the base angry.

Sean Hannity says government predicted massive loss of health care | PunditFact

"In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health."

Citing a government report, Hannity said "small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health."

The government report did not say that.

The report attempted to quantify the number of insurance plans that -- through the normal ebbs and flows of the market -- would change to the point that they would trigger new minimum standards.

Put another way, government analysts tried to quantify how many plans would lose their grandfathered status.

But they didn’t look at the coverage those plans offered. In those terms, many of the plans that will lose their grandfathered status already met the new minimum standards.

We rate Hannity’s claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/04/dana-perino/fncs-dana-perino-says-health-insurance-industry-ru/

"The insurance industry is actually run by mostly Democrats."

Perino claimed that the health insurance industry is run mostly by Democrats. We could find almost nothing to suggest that’s the case.

The way most large businesses and industries show their political stripes, through campaign contributions, suggests that large health insurers and their trade associations are more likely to support Republicans. Or at the least, that they hedge their bets by supporting both sides.

We rate Perino’s claim False.

Ahh....The blame game.....Let's blame the other party for everything and keep the base satisfied in their unwarranted hatred.

Do I need to go further.....there are so many, these are just the highlights. These were all said on FOX news whether by staff or consultants and nothing is ever done to correct or even admit their mistakes. This is why FOX News fails.

Last edited:
Balanced would be if both sides of the political spectrum got equal representation and time to voice opinions without being interrupted, talked over, cut off, etc. That doesn't happen at FOX. Putting a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side is not balanced. It's a lame attempt to appear balanced.
Comparing to other news groups is also lame. It's a simple way of saying the competition sucks really bad and is really unbalanced, and we are less sucky and less unbalanced. Still makes both groups suck and unbalanced.

FALSE! Balance does not necessarily mean equality. If a balance scale has 10 lbs on one side and 4 lbs on the other, that is better balanced than 10 lbs on one side and 1 lb on the other.

With liberals having their OWN SHOWS, that's not exactly "a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side". I've seen Geraldo shows where there was a liberal invited to speak with NO conservative voice at all. On the Factor, Alan Colmes is invited with the conservative woman (forgot her name). You could say that's still 2 conservatives against one liberal, but Colmes constantly interrupts and talks over the other 2. In the end the talk time is about 50/50. On Hannity's show, when he has that bleachers thing, those seats a loaded with liberals.

Try to find anything even close to that on MSNBC.

Geraldo? The registered GOPer?

EVERYTHING you posit is nonsenseFinally, Fox News has been notorious for employing Republican operatives and candidates. These are people far more instrumental to the messaging of the Republican Party than Axelrod ever was for the Democrats. They include much of George W. Bush’s “brain” trust (i.e. Karl Rove, John Bolton, Liz Cheney), and party leaders like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and their just past nominee for VP Sarah Palin.

Fox is, without a doubt, the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors

MSNBC Hires David Axelrod ? Fox Nation Comes Unglued | News Corpse

Geraldo, the immigrant loving liberal.

How many of these people have their own shows like Hannity or O'Reilly?

I can think of TWO, right off the bat (one of whom I didn't even mention) >> Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith.

And how many conservatives have their own show (or work there at all) on MSNBC ?

Perhaps you can explain the need for so called news agencies to have opinions of any kind about the news. Why don't they just report the news? I guess they have to fill the time somehow. Studies show that regular FOX News viewers are less well informed than people who never watch any TV news at all.
No they don't. Any such study is fraudulent right from the start.

But the way the voice of dissent is wielded—liberals are always outnumbered, thrust into subjects that descend into brawls—often undercuts balance in favor of fireworks. It’s a version of on-air political theater that some research suggests can actually further polarize opinions. Put another way, having two conservatives and a liberal can be a more powerful force than three conservatives—a counterintuitive approach that can solidify political beliefs and quash the other side. -

Choreographing the role of those with opposing views is a technique Fox News founder Roger Ailes perfected while working as a television advisor to Richard Nixon during his 1968 presidential race. To craft an image of Nixon as a warm candidate, the campaign staged city hall debates—complete with hand-selected adversaries. “It had this veneer of authenticity because he was fielding questions from liberals, from Jews, from blacks, from different groups that might be hostile toward Nixon,” said Gabriel Sherman, author of The Loudest Voice in the Room, a biography of Ailes. “If you’re trying to appeal to an audience that doesn’t want propaganda—they want news—it’s going to make it seem like you’re giving it to them from both sides. But really it’s a situation that’s designed for conservatives to win.” -

And from the left...Fox News : Columbia Journalism Review

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Liberals on Fox News roster >>

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

Lanny Davis, Doug Schoen, Geraldine Ferraro, Sally Kohn, etc.

They are paid to be fodder just like the conservatives on MSNBC. I have yet to see Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity allow any of their left-wing consultants a chance to finish their point without interrupting them. Especially when they make good points.

FOX News is nothing more than a right-wing propaganda machine designed to create fear and paranoia in the conservative base in an attempt to drag on-the-fence moderates into their camp to vote republican.

OFF TOPIC!! Please stay with the TOPIC. >> Fox being fair and balanced. In addition, your comments are absurd, since no "right-wing propaganda machine" would ever allow the large amount of liberal talkers on its network, let alone have them on its roster, with some of those liberals even having their own shows, and calling the shots (ex. Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith)

PS - nobody interrupts more than Tamara Holder and Alan Colmes.

FOX's biggest problem is that it calls itself fair and balanced and that in and of itself is a provable lie. So they start out as liars about who they are. Why would you believe they are honest with their news reporting? It doesn't make sense. Look who owns and manages them.

The thread is not about "honest". That is a word YOU brought up. Read the TITLE of the OP >> Fox News is Fair and Balanced
That is a proved TRUTH (based on the many liberals Fox has, balancing with the conservatives they have)

Wait, you want to be fair and balanced by calling FOX truthful but are whining if someone calls them not honest? You confirm your twisted and distorted view of fair and balanced.

Fox is the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors. No one at MSNBC has anywhere near the tight relationships that Fox has with the GOP.
Fox is not all Republican. They are almost all conservative. But they have their libertarians and independents as well as a few liberals, like Geraldo.

Geraldo is a registered GOPer, a Northern GOPer (socially liberal)....

They are paid to be fodder just like the conservatives on MSNBC. I have yet to see Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity allow any of their left-wing consultants a chance to finish their point without interrupting them. Especially when they make good points.

FOX News is nothing more than a right-wing propaganda machine designed to create fear and paranoia in the conservative base in an attempt to drag on-the-fence moderates into their camp to vote republican.

OFF TOPIC!! Please stay with the TOPIC. >> Fox being fair and balanced. In addition, your comments are absurd, since no "right-wing propaganda machine" would ever allow the large amount of liberal talkers on its network, let alone have them on its roster, with some of those liberals even having their own shows, and calling the shots (ex. Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith)

The lack of right wingers intellectual curiosity and self reflection is humorous...

Choreographing the role of those with opposing views is a technique Fox News founder Roger Ailes perfected while working as a television advisor to Richard Nixon during his 1968 presidential race. To craft an image of Nixon as a warm candidate, the campaign staged city hall debates—complete with hand-selected adversaries.

“It had this veneer of authenticity because he was fielding questions from liberals, from Jews, from blacks, from different groups that might be hostile toward Nixon,” said Gabriel Sherman, author of The Loudest Voice in the Room, a biography of Ailes.

“If you’re trying to appeal to an audience that doesn’t want propaganda—they want news—it’s going to make it seem like you’re giving it to them from both sides. But really it’s a situation that’s designed for conservatives to win.”

And from the left...Fox News : Columbia Journalism Review

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

Balanced would be if both sides of the political spectrum got equal representation and time to voice opinions without being interrupted, talked over, cut off, etc. That doesn't happen at FOX. Putting a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side is not balanced. It's a lame attempt to appear balanced.
Comparing to other news groups is also lame. It's a simple way of saying the competition sucks really bad and is really unbalanced, and we are less sucky and less unbalanced. Still makes both groups suck and unbalanced.

FALSE! Balance does not necessarily mean equality. If a balance scale has 10 lbs on one side and 4 lbs on the other, that is better balanced than 10 lbs on one side and 1 lb on the other.

With liberals having their OWN SHOWS, that's not exactly "a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side". I've seen Geraldo shows where there was a liberal invited to speak with NO conservative voice at all. On the Factor, Alan Colmes is invited with the conservative woman (forgot her name). You could say that's still 2 conservatives against one liberal, but Colmes constantly interrupts and talks over the other 2. In the end the talk time is about 50/50. On Hannity's show, when he has that bleachers thing, those seats a loaded with liberals.

TRUE! Balance does mean equality. When you put ten pounds on one side and 4 pounds on the other side of a scale the scale is not balanced. It is not balanced if the sides have different weights. It is only balanced when the weights on both sides are the same.

Fair and Balanced Fraud Exposed: 94% of Fox News Viewers Are Republicans

Relatedly, 79% of the Fox News group describes their political views as conservative,

94% of people with brains are Republicans, go figure.

Actually it means that that particular demographic is either, ignorant, willfully ignorant, bigoted and/or has some kind of stake in the game.

Most, though, just tend to be ignorant or willfully ignorant, in my opinion.

Relatedly, 79% of the Fox News group describes their political views as conservative,

94% of people with brains are Republicans, go figure.

Hey, if viewers like propaganda created by Ailes and comp, more power to them, can't do anything for those that believe in myths and fairy tales the GOPers push....

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

So as long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'? lol

These people are NOT Active Functioning Democrats.

Ever hear of RINO's? DINO'S

MSNBC also has on its payroll the former head of John McCain’s campaign (Steve Schmidt AND Niccole Wallace) and the former chairman of the Republican Party (Michael Steele).

Robert Trahynam former aide to Presidential Contender Rick

Mrs. Alan Greenspan

FIFTEEN HOURS A WEEK OF JOE SCARBOROUGH

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart!

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It -- and Vindicate Jon Stewart! | ThinkProgress

I don't know where you get your information about "Active Functioning Democrats." but I doubt that they're not Democrats, so you might want to examine your sources a little better. As far as "as long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'?" OF COURSE they are. What a stupid question.

MSNBC viewers are the most MISINFORMED and UNINFORMED. When I asked some of them if they would take my Islamization Quiz, HA HA, they said >> "Islamization. What's that ?" HA HA. Something tells me they wouldn't have done too well on the quiz.

As for these conservatives on MSNBC, how come I've never seen any of them ? (but I see the liberals on Fox every day)

As for "studies", HA HA HA.

Last edited:

TRUE! Balance does mean equality. When you put ten pounds on one side and 4 pounds on the other side of a scale the scale is not balanced. It is not balanced if the sides have different weights. Itas long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'? is only balanced when the weights on both sides are the same.

FALSE! You ignore the entire concept of DEGREES of balance. AS I SAID, AND SAY AGAIN, ten pounds on one side and 4 pounds on the other side of a scale is BETTER balanced that 10 and one. Getting enough sleep lately ?

FOX's biggest problem is that it calls itself fair and balanced and that in and of itself is a provable lie. So they start out as liars about who they are. Why would you believe they are honest with their news reporting? It doesn't make sense. Look who owns and manages them.

The thread is not about "honest". That is a word YOU brought up. Read the TITLE of the OP >> Fox News is Fair and Balanced
That is a proved TRUTH (based on the many liberals Fox has, balancing with the conservatives they have)

Not about honest......that works out pretty well for FOX News. I'm still not seeing the balanced part.

Fox News has been notorious for employing Republican operatives and candidates. These are people far more instrumental to the messaging of the Republican Party. They include much of George W. Bush’s “brain” trust (i.e. Karl Rove, John Bolton, Liz Cheney), and party leaders like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and their just past nominee for VP Sarah Palin.

There was a point in time when almost half of the Republican's running for President in 2012, from Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were all simultaneously working for Fox News.
At no time did anyone simultaneously work for Fox news and run for President at the same time. That would be illegal.

Reading comprehension issues huh?

"There was a point in time when almost half of the Republican's running for President in 2012, from Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were all simultaneously working for Fox News."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jun/19/jeanine-pirro/foxs-pirro-obama-set-isis-leader-free-2009/

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi was "released by Obama in 2009."

irro said that Obama released the current head of ISIS from government custody in 2009. The Defense Department said that the man now known as Baghdadi was released in 2004. The evidence that Baghdadi was still in custody in 2009 appears to be the recollection of an Army colonel who said Baghdadi’s "face is very familiar."

Even if the colonel is right, Baghdadi was not set free; he was handed over to the Iraqis who released him some time later. But more important, the legal contract between the United States and Iraq that guaranteed that the United States would give up custody of virtually every detainee was signed during the Bush administration. It would have required an extraordinary effort to have held on to Baghdadi and there is no evidence that he was on anyone’s radar screen, assuming that he was in custody at all in 2009.

The U.S.-Iraq agreement drove the release of thousands of detainees in 2009, but Obama had nothing to do with that.

We rate the claim False.

Yet their are yahoos out there that still believe this.

Napolitano: Washington lacks constitutional right to own land in Western states | PunditFact

"The Constitution simply does not authorize the federal government to own any of this land (in the Western states)."

Napolitano said the federal government has no constitutional authority to own land in many Western states. The underlying legal argument rests on a tenuous interpretation of constitutional language and the rejection of about 125 years of Supreme Court decisions. The legal scholars we reached, regardless of any political leanings they might have, agreed that the Constitution clearly grants Washington the power to own land and that arguments to the contrary are baseless.

We rate the claim Pants on Fire.

This is why so-called "Constitutionalists" have no clue how the Constitution works.

Ann Coulter says a friend's sister "died from Obamacare" because Blue Shield of California left | PunditFact

A friend’s sister "died from Obamacare" because Blue Shield "completely just pulled out of California."

FOX's angel lying her ass off as usual.

O'Reilly: 'Denver Post' hired an editor to promote pot | PunditFact

"The 'Denver Post' has actually hired an editor to promote pot."

O'Reilly is a Blow-hard. He lives to embellish the truth in order to keep the base angry.

Sean Hannity says government predicted massive loss of health care | PunditFact

"In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health."

Citing a government report, Hannity said "small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health."

The government report did not say that.

The report attempted to quantify the number of insurance plans that -- through the normal ebbs and flows of the market -- would change to the point that they would trigger new minimum standards.

Put another way, government analysts tried to quantify how many plans would lose their grandfathered status.

But they didn’t look at the coverage those plans offered. In those terms, many of the plans that will lose their grandfathered status already met the new minimum standards.

We rate Hannity’s claim False.

FNC's Dana Perino says the health insurance industry is run mostly by Democrats | PunditFact

"The insurance industry is actually run by mostly Democrats."

Perino claimed that the health insurance industry is run mostly by Democrats. We could find almost nothing to suggest that’s the case.

The way most large businesses and industries show their political stripes, through campaign contributions, suggests that large health insurers and their trade associations are more likely to support Republicans. Or at the least, that they hedge their bets by supporting both sides.

We rate Perino’s claim False.

Ahh....The blame game.....Let's blame the other party for everything and keep the base satisfied in their unwarranted hatred.

Do I need to go further.....there are so many, these are just the highlights. These were all said on FOX news whether by staff or consultants and nothing is ever done to correct or even admit their mistakes. This is why FOX News fails.

FOX puts out the lies and doesn't care if they are caught in the lie. It is put out and repeated by the blogs, rw online minions, etc. That is their function in the misinformation, disinformation, dumbing down effort.

Fox is the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors. No one at MSNBC has anywhere near the tight relationships that Fox has with the GOP.
Fox is not all Republican. They are almost all conservative. But they have their libertarians and independents as well as a few liberals, like Geraldo.

Geraldo is a registered GOPer, a Northern GOPer (socially liberal)....

If you took the time to watch his show you would know he holds liberal ideals.

So as long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'? lol

These people are NOT Active Functioning Democrats.

Ever hear of RINO's? DINO'S

MSNBC also has on its payroll the former head of John McCain’s campaign (Steve Schmidt AND Niccole Wallace) and the former chairman of the Republican Party (Michael Steele).

Robert Trahynam former aide to Presidential Contender Rick

Mrs. Alan Greenspan

FIFTEEN HOURS A WEEK OF JOE SCARBOROUGH

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart!

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It -- and Vindicate Jon Stewart! | ThinkProgress

I don't know where you get your information about "Active Functioning Democrats." but I doubt that they're not Democrats, so you might want to examine your sources a little better. As far as "as long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'?" OF COURSE they are. What a stupid question.

MSNBC viewers are the most MISINFORMED and UNINFORMED. When I asked some of them if they would take my Islamization Quiz, HA HA, they said >> "Islamization. What's that ?" HA HA. Something tells me they wouldn't have done too well on the quiz.

As for these conservatives on MSNBC, how come I've never seen any of them ? (but I see the liberals on Fox every day)

As for "studies", HA HA HA.

HA, HA, HA. I get it, reality is a world not often visited by conservatives

The OP said, FOX News was fair and balanced, I proved him wrong in my first post according to his parameters, that being evidence. That post you are referencing was in response to a post about political consultants which has everything to do with the quality of news programming.

I also went further to put the notion down that FOX news is fair and balanced with another post citing specific examples. Any I still stand by my comment that most of these "consultants' are paid to be fodder. Holder and Colmes do a lousy job of challenging Republican talking points which is why they never get shouted down.

FOX News is a broken network. Period. They should be classified as opinion-based entertainment and not a journalistic news service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back