Fox News is Fair and Balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News is fair and balanced. I know Obama supporters will never think so because he gets hammered on that station everyday but he himself causes the coverage with his wreckless actions and inaction's. He blew it when he went after James Rosen. That's when Fox News took the gloves off and they are not going to put them back on. In fact they may slip on brass knuckles in the next two years. There is blood in the water Fox smells it and Obama's poll numbers will be in the twenties by the end of his miserable term in office. And please don't even mention MSNBC in the same sentence as Fox. There is no comparison. Fox news is news... MSNBC is a tabloid news show.

So I guess we still haven't answered the question: What does fair and balanced mean? There seem to be some differing interpretations of the definition.

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

Balanced would be if both sides of the political spectrum got equal representation and time to voice opinions without being interrupted, talked over, cut off, etc. That doesn't happen at FOX. Putting a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side is not balanced. It's a lame attempt to appear balanced.
Comparing to other news groups is also lame. It's a simple way of saying the competition sucks really bad and is really unbalanced, and we are less sucky and less unbalanced. Still makes both groups suck and unbalanced.

Is that all it means? Doesn't sound like much of a basis for their signature slogan.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this forum. Of course it is a basis for BALANCE. It is THE basis of balance. Conservatives balanced with liberals. Are you getting enough sleep ?

Perhaps I just failed to notice the scrupulous attention to balance.

That's what we're talking about. Sometimes it helps to read the TITLE of the OP >> Fox News is Fair and Balanced.

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Liberals on Fox News roster >>

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

Lanny Davis, Doug Schoen, Geraldine Ferraro, Sally Kohn, etc.

How many of these people have their own shows like Hannity or O'Reilly?

I can think of TWO, right off the bat (one of whom I didn't even mention) >> Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith.

And how many conservatives have their own show (or work there at all) on MSNBC ?

Perhaps you can explain the need for so called news agencies to have opinions of any kind about the news. Why don't they just report the news? I guess they have to fill the time somehow. Studies show that regular FOX News viewers are less well informed than people who never watch any TV news at all.

So I guess we still haven't answered the question: What does fair and balanced mean? There seem to be some differing interpretations of the definition.

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

Balanced would be if both sides of the political spectrum got equal representation and time to voice opinions without being interrupted, talked over, cut off, etc. That doesn't happen at FOX. Putting a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side is not balanced. It's a lame attempt to appear balanced.
Comparing to other news groups is also lame. It's a simple way of saying the competition sucks really bad and is really unbalanced, and we are less sucky and less unbalanced. Still makes both groups suck and unbalanced.

The fact that they don't allow bloviating, unsubstantiated biased bullshit on their programs does not mean they are not balanced or fair.

FOX's biggest problem is that it calls itself fair and balanced and that in and of itself is a provable lie. So they start out as liars about who they are. Why would you believe they are honest with their news reporting? It doesn't make sense. Look who owns and manages them.

FOX's biggest problem is that it calls itself fair and balanced and that in and of itself is a provable lie. So they start out as liars about who they are. Why would you believe they are honest with their news reporting? It doesn't make sense. Look who owns and manages them.
You haven't proved it a lie yet and that makes your entire statement a lie.

The fact that they don't allow bloviating, unsubstantiated biased bullshit on their programs does not mean they are not balanced or fair.

Are you being sarcastic? I hope.

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

They are paid to be fodder just like the conservatives on MSNBC. I have yet to see Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity allow any of their left-wing consultants a chance to finish their point without interrupting them. Especially when they make good points.

FOX News is nothing more than a right-wing propaganda machine designed to create fear and paranoia in the conservative base in an attempt to drag on-the-fence moderates into their camp to vote republican.

So as long as they are Dems, they ae considered 'liberal'? lol

These people are NOT Active Functioning Democrats.

Ever hear of RINO's? DINO'S

MSNBC also has on its payroll the former head of John McCain’s campaign (Steve Schmidt AND Niccole Wallace) and the former chairman of the Republican Party (Michael Steele).

Robert Trahynam former aide to Presidential Contender Rick

Mrs. Alan Greenspan

FIFTEEN HOURS A WEEK OF JOE SCARBOROUGH

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart!

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It -- and Vindicate Jon Stewart! | ThinkProgress

FALSE! Balance does not necessarily mean equality. If a balance scale has 10 lbs on one side and 4 lbs on the other, that is better balanced than 10 lbs on one side and 1 lb on the other.

With liberals having their OWN SHOWS, that's not exactly "a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side". I've seen Geraldo shows where there was a liberal invited to speak with NO conservative voice at all. On the Factor, Alan Colmes is invited with the conservative woman (forgot her name). You could say that's still 2 conservatives against one liberal, but Colmes constantly interrupts and talks over the other 2. In the end the talk time is about 50/50. On Hannity's show, when he has that bleachers thing, those seats a loaded with liberals.

Try to find anything even close to that on MSNBC.

They are paid to be fodder just like the conservatives on MSNBC. I have yet to see Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity allow any of their left-wing consultants a chance to finish their point without interrupting them. Especially when they make good points.
No especially when they start talking out their asses making wild accusations, bloviating, or other unsubstantiated bullshit.

Fox News has been notorious for employing Republican operatives and candidates. These are people far more instrumental to the messaging of the Republican Party. They include much of George W. Bush’s “brain” trust (i.e. Karl Rove, John Bolton, Liz Cheney), and party leaders like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and their just past nominee for VP Sarah Palin.

There was a point in time when almost half of the Republican's running for President in 2012, from Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were all simultaneously working for Fox News.

Fox is the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors. No one at MSNBC has anywhere near the tight relationships that Fox has with the GOP.

And Fox doesn’t have any Democrats on staff that balance their reporting in an equivalent way (sorry, Kirsten Powers and Juan Williams don’t cut it). When Fox gives a former chair of the Democratic Party the air time that MSNBC gives to Steele, or when they give a three hour morning block to a liberal Democratic host (i.e. MSNBC’s conservative Joe Scarborough), then maybe Fox can talk about messaging without being so desperately hypocritical.

MSNBC Hires David Axelrod ? Fox Nation Comes Unglued | News Corpse

I can think of TWO, right off the bat (one of whom I didn't even mention) >> Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith.

And how many conservatives have their own show (or work there at all) on MSNBC ?

Perhaps you can explain the need for so called news agencies to have opinions of any kind about the news. Why don't they just report the news? I guess they have to fill the time somehow. Studies show that regular FOX News viewers are less well informed than people who never watch any TV news at all.

"Studies" say that do they ? HA HA HA.

EARTH TO DISCOM-----: Studies say EVERYTHING that can be said, depending on what someone wantw to be said. I've found Fox News viewers far BETTER informed, and a lot of that has to do with WHAT the information is. A lot of information on Fox News is never reported on MSNBC. Small wonder why their viewers are so ignorant (and they don't know how much they don't know)

FALSE! Balance does not necessarily mean equality. If a balance scale has 10 lbs on one side and 4 lbs on the other, that is better balanced than 10 lbs on one side and 1 lb on the other.

With liberals having their OWN SHOWS, that's not exactly "a single opposing voice up against three or four voices from the other side". I've seen Geraldo shows where there was a liberal invited to speak with NO conservative voice at all. On the Factor, Alan Colmes is invited with the conservative woman (forgot her name). You could say that's still 2 conservatives against one liberal, but Colmes constantly interrupts and talks over the other 2. In the end the talk time is about 50/50. On Hannity's show, when he has that bleachers thing, those seats a loaded with liberals.

Try to find anything even close to that on MSNBC.

Geraldo? The registered GOPer?

EVERYTHING you posit is nonsenseFinally, Fox News has been notorious for employing Republican operatives and candidates. These are people far more instrumental to the messaging of the Republican Party than Axelrod ever was for the Democrats. They include much of George W. Bush’s “brain” trust (i.e. Karl Rove, John Bolton, Liz Cheney), and party leaders like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and their just past nominee for VP Sarah Palin.

Fox is, without a doubt, the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors

MSNBC Hires David Axelrod ? Fox Nation Comes Unglued | News Corpse

"Studies" say that do they ? HA HA HA.

EARTH TO DISCOM-----: Studies say EVERYTHING that can be said, depending on what someone wantw to be said. I've found Fox News viewers far BETTER informed, and a lot of that has to do with WHAT the information is. A lot of information on Fox News is never reported on MSNBC. Small wonder why their viewers are so ignorant (and they don't know how much they don't know)

Pretty funny huh?

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

Fox News has been notorious for employing Republican operatives and candidates. These are people far more instrumental to the messaging of the Republican Party. They include much of George W. Bush’s “brain” trust (i.e. Karl Rove, John Bolton, Liz Cheney), and party leaders like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and their just past nominee for VP Sarah Palin.

There was a point in time when almost half of the Republican's running for President in 2012, from Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were all simultaneously working for Fox News.
At no time did anyone simultaneously work for Fox news and run for President at the same time. That would be illegal.

The thread is not about "honest". That is a word YOU brought up. Read the TITLE of the OP >> Fox News is Fair and Balanced
That is a proved TRUTH (based on the many liberals Fox has, balancing with the conservatives they have)

Fox is the PR arm of the Republican Party. Their anchors are as much responsible for GOP propaganda as their well-connected contributors. No one at MSNBC has anywhere near the tight relationships that Fox has with the GOP.
Fox is not all Republican. They are almost all conservative. But they have their libertarians and independents as well as a few liberals, like Geraldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back