Fox News is Fair and Balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
That's it! Fox News is Fair and Balanced. And this could be questioned. But by whom ? And how ? In what way ? ???????????

That's it! Fox News is Fair and Balanced. And this could be questioned. But by whom ? And how ? In what way ? ???????????

Metric's please.

If you have a meter that measures fairness or one that measures balance....let us know.

Otherwise this is just another troll thread and does not belong in the CDZ.

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.14.16 PM.png
    $Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.14.16 PM.png
    8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Seems there would have to be two things involved. First, a producer that said, "Just the facts" as regularly as Sgt. Friday and second, someone with a stop watch keeping track every time someone veered off the producers instructions to only state facts and assigning an appropriate amount of time for "balance".

Fox News is fair and balanced. I know Obama supporters will never think so because he gets hammered on that station everyday but he himself causes the coverage with his wreckless actions and inaction's. He blew it when he went after James Rosen. That's when Fox News took the gloves off and they are not going to put them back on. In fact they may slip on brass knuckles in the next two years. There is blood in the water Fox smells it and Obama's poll numbers will be in the twenties by the end of his miserable term in office. And please don't even mention MSNBC in the same sentence as Fox. There is no comparison. Fox news is news... MSNBC is a tabloid news show.

Fox News is fair and balanced. I know Obama supporters will never think so because he gets hammered on that station everyday but he himself causes the coverage with his wreckless actions and inaction's. He blew it when he went after James Rosen. That's when Fox News took the gloves off and they are not going to put them back on. In fact they may slip on brass knuckles in the next two years. There is blood in the water Fox smells it and Obama's poll numbers will be in the twenties by the end of his miserable term in office. And please don't even mention MSNBC in the same sentence as Fox. There is no comparison. Fox news is news... MSNBC is a tabloid news show.

So I guess we still haven't answered the question: What does fair and balanced mean? There seem to be some differing interpretations of the definition.

So I guess we still haven't answered the question: What does fair and balanced mean? There seem to be some differing interpretations of the definition.

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

BALANCE means that there are liberals as well as conservatives on the Fox roster. And there are many liberals on Fox. With MSNBC, I can't recall a single conservative there since Pat Buchanan left. Joe Scarborough ? Don't make us laugh.

Is that all it means? Doesn't sound like much of a basis for their signature slogan.

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Liberals on Fox News roster >>

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

Lanny Davis, Doug Schoen, Geraldine Ferraro, Sally Kohn, etc.

Is that all it means? Doesn't sound like much of a basis for their signature slogan.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this forum. Of course it is a basis for BALANCE. It is THE basis of balance. Conservatives balanced with liberals. Are you getting enough sleep ?

I asked for evidence in Post # 2. I should live up to my own expectations, shouldn't I ?

Bob Beckel, James Carville, Alan Colmes, Susan Estrich, Tamara Holder, Dennis Kucinich,

Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Joe Trippi, Lis Wiehl, Juan Williams,

How many of these people have their own shows like Hannity or O'Reilly?

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this forum. Of course it is a basis for BALANCE. It is THE basis of balance. Conservatives balanced with liberals. Are you getting enough sleep ?

Perhaps I just failed to notice the scrupulous attention to balance.

None, their ratings would go down if they did that.

I can think of TWO, right off the bat (one of whom I didn't even mention) >> Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith.

And how many conservatives have their own show (or work there at all) on MSNBC ?

None, their ratings would go down if they did that.

FALSE! See previous post >> post # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back