Fox New's face covered with egg after more false Benghazi "hysteria". Oops!

R

rdean

'60 Minutes' apologizes for misleading Benghazi report

The report helped fuel another round of Republican accusations against the State Department and Obama Administration over their account of the attack.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said he would block confirmation of Obama's nominees, including Jeh Johnson as homeland security secretary and Janet Yellen as head of the Federal Reserve, until the administration allowed government witnesses to the attack to appear before Congress.

What About Fox News? CBS Apologizes For "60 Minutes" Benghazi Hoax:

included…

Bret Baier (Fox News): Last night, one of journalism’s heavy hitters reaffirmed what we knew and had reported on.

Steve Doocy (Fox News): It’s great that mainstream media finally catching up. [...] 60 Minutes doesn’t cover phony scandals.

Martha MacCallum (Fox News): Now 60 Minutes, the venerable Sunday night news program, is putting a lot of focus on this story. Here at Fox News we’ve been covering this story for a very long time.

John Hayward (Human Events): ’60 Minutes’ ran a report on the Benghazi scandal Sunday night that confirmed its status as an enduring scandal with many questions still remaining to be answered.

Pamela Geller (Atlas Shrugs): Over a year after the murderous attack, finally, media is talking straight about Benghazi.

Jim Hoft (Gateway Pundit): ’60 Minutes’ Finally Reveals Benghazi Was a Real Scandal & You Were Lied To.

Monica Crowley (Fox News): Solid 60Minutes piece on Benghazi. CBSNews & FoxNews among the very, very few reporting on this grave & outrageous scandal.

Dan Gainor (Media Research Center/NewsBusters): 60 Minutes piece on Benghazi shows how much admin has lied and hidden facts on deadly disaster. Blame Obama AND Hillary.

Jonah Goldberg (National Review): This 60 Minutes Benghazi piece corroborates pretty much everything FoxNews has reported so far.

----------------------------------------------------------

I heard on the news that all of the apologies from all of these people added up to 26 seconds.

Republicans working so hard on these "fake" scandals. And they just cost the country a higher unemployment rate and billions in thrown away money just to keep Americans from healthcare. The fuckers.

So how long before USMB right wingers begin to "howl" LIAR and start calling names?

Three

Two

One

CBS was "misled" by one of its sources?

Where have I heard this before...? I can't remember. Dan Rather, can you?

Interesting paragraph from the second link:

>> They (CBS) also need to address the book by their source which is being published by Threshold Editions, a subsidiary of Simon and Schuster, which is owned by CBS (another undisclosed ethical violation by 60 Minutes). And for the record, Threshold&#8217;s rogue&#8217;s gallery of authors include Glenn Beck, Jerome Corsi, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Karl Rove, and Dick Cheney. [Update: Simon and Schuster has suspended publication of the book and called for stores to return it.] <<

This is exactly what we keep warning people about mass media consolidation; when you own not only a major news channels but publishers, magazines, newspapers, sports arenas, movie production companies, radio stations and advertising companies, you don't need to wait for the news -- you create your own. And its purpose is to feed the corporate maw. One tentacle feeds the next.

Some post on a blog ironically called "news corpse" by a guy named Mark and it's big news to desperate low information libs. No surprises here.

BY PAUL FARHI The Washington Post

CBS News correspondent Lara Logan on Friday retracted and apologized for a "60 Minutes" report that was based on a supposed eyewitness to the terrorist attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

Logan, appearing on "CBS This Morning," said the network was "misled" by the man, Dylan Davies, who told "60 Minutes" last week that he had witnessed the Sept. 11, 2012, attack that left four Americans dead, including U.S. ambassador Christopher Stevens.

"The most important thing to every person at '60 Minutes' is the truth and the truth is we made a mistake," said a chastened Logan, who had reported the original story.

On the "60 Minutes" broadcast, Davies -- who used the pseudonym Morgan Jones -- described scaling the walls of the diplomatic facility and encountering several attackers, including one whom he said he disabled with a blow from his rifle butt. He also recounted his clandestine visit that night to a Benghazi hospital to view Stevens' body.

So 60 minutes falsified a report and WHO has egg on their face?

This has got to be some of the best spin evah'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I disagree that fox is embarrassed. Lying about the news is what they do. Its why they exist and they get away with it for the very reasons we see here every day. Not one rw nutter would ever even consider demanding truth or facts from their "news" source. They love their hate and they love their ignorance. In short, they know they're being lied to and they like it that way.

This is exactly what we keep warning people about mass media consolidation; when you own not only a major news channels but publishers, magazines, newspapers, sports arenas, movie production companies, radio stations and advertising companies, you don't need to wait for the news -- you create your own. And its purpose is to feed the corporate maw. One tentacle feeds the next.

I've ranted about this before. Used to be, no foriegn interest could own American media and no single entity could own more than one media of any kind. That was back in the days when we could trust our news.

When the FCC, led by then prez, Michael Powell (ultra right wing son of Colin Powell who was the only rw who had the integrity to leave the Bush debacle) Anyway, when he managed to get the laws changed, everything in our media changed as well. And, its not by accident that corporations are now considered people and giving foreign interests huge control of our elections.

Right or left, liberal or rw, we should be demanding truth and integrity from our news sources. Fox, MSNBC, Beck, Limbaugh - Its fine to have opinionated pundits but its true that they're making the news instead of reporting it. It is indefensible to have a news source owned, operated and controlled by any foreign country but a MUSLIM ARAB oil sheik?

Instead of attacking each other, we should be pulling together against a common enemy but the inflammatory nature of cable news makes that all but impossible.

lol, lying about the news is what they do

You really think people buy that because you say it?

you people keep trying to excuse your lying Politicians...it's what you do

They sued the government for the right to lie. They call themselves "opinion" and not "News".

I personally believe there is something more sinister. The two owners, like Pinky and the Brain. One is in it for the money and the Arab Prince is trying to divide, damage and weaken the country. The sheeple are falling for it. Look at you.

Oh I dunno-- you think people buy the "liberal media" myth because you say it?

Two words:
"corporate tentacles".

the left is getting desperate

Yup... and it shows, big time.

It sucks real bad to be a leftard right now, so they're operatives are out in full force doing their absolute best to drum up something, anything, whatever, just to deflect away from them.

Ain't workin' though, just shows how desperate they are, and how STUPID they are.

Two words:
"corporate tentacles".

You don't want to believe even some in the news profession admitting the media has a left bias, not my problem
I don't watch any of them, but you all can blow a gasket over Fox if you want

One word for this thread... "OBAMACARE"... oooooops... there we go again... WHY the left is in such DAMAGE CONTROL MODE doing ANYTHING they can to DEFLECT...

... POOR leftards... so desperate

this should blow some skirts up and gaskets...It's from Foooooxxxxxxx news....lol

[ame=http://youtu.be/cSFYNyZmaX0]Political Chief Admits Liberal Media Bias - YouTube[/ame]

more Oops

New York Times editor admits to liberal bias at paper | Sutherland ...
Aug 28, 2012 - New York Times editor admits to liberal bias at paper ... suspicions of a liberal bias in traditional news media, the public editor at The New York ...
http://sutherlandinstitute.org/news...times-editor-admits-to-liberal-bias-at-paper/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

They sued the government for the right to lie. They call themselves "opinion" and not "News".

I personally believe there is something more sinister. The two owners, like Pinky and the Brain. One is in it for the money and the Arab Prince is trying to divide, damage and weaken the country. The sheeple are falling for it. Look at you.

No I don't think they "sued the government" -- they got an appeal court to drop a suit on the basis that falsifying the news is not illegal, if we're thinking of the same case (the Monsanto story)

Michael Powell is living proof that talent skips a generation. The self-confessed goal of this supposed public servant: when asked about the "digital divide" his response was, and I quote, ""I think there is a Mercedes divide. I would like to have one, but I can't afford one." I put equal blame on weasel Bill Clinton for signing the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which was like a laxative for the diarrhea of mass media consolidation. That's when ClearChannel was born.

Also when Fox Noise was born. Same year.

Two words:
"corporate tentacles".

You don't want to believe even some in the news profession admitting the media has a left bias, not my problem
I don't watch any of them, but you all can blow a gasket over Fox if you want

You don't want to believe even some in the myth profession admitting it's a myth, not my problem...

"I admit it : The liberal media were never that powerful and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures." -- Bill Kristol

"I've gotten balanced coverage and broad coverage - all we could have asked. ... For heaven sakes, we kid about the liberal media, but every Republican on earth does that." -- Pat Buchanan

Oh this just in: Joe McCarthy's dead. Drank himself to obliviion in his forties. And good riddance. Let his mythmongering go with him.

"Repetition is the lynchpin of propaganda." -- Joseph Goebbels

Last edited:
What About Fox News? CBS Apologizes For "60 Minutes" Benghazi Hoax

Fox isn’t news, it’s rightwing entertainment; CBS is news and apologized accordingly, as CBS has some integrity left – of course Fox never had any integrity to begin with.

And Fox, along with the rest of the disreputable rightwing media, will continue to promote the phony ‘scandal’ of Benghazi.

What About Fox News? CBS Apologizes For "60 Minutes" Benghazi Hoax

Fox isn&#8217;t news, it&#8217;s rightwing entertainment; CBS is news and apologized accordingly, as CBS has some integrity left &#8211; of course Fox never had any integrity to begin with.

And Fox, along with the rest of the disreputable rightwing media, will continue to promote the phony &#8216;scandal&#8217; of Benghazi.

zzz
who cares..people are still free to watch a crap news station like PmsNbc...when you people get all wound up over them then we might take you serious...
but wail away over Fox news if it helps you.... waa waa fox news...what sheep some of are:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
So how long before USMB right wingers begin to "howl" LIAR and start calling names?

Three

Two

One

I'm not a Benghazi scandal enthusiast or anything, but the thing that always struck me as odd was that immediately following the attack the President blamed it on a sort of "flash mob" motivated by this anti-Islamic movie.

It was clear within a day that the hit was one that was preplanned and by a terrorist cell.

At the very least, the President lied to the American public and I don't really like that at all. But I guess that's what we've come to expect from our Gov't these days:

"this will be the most transparent in history"
"you can keep your plan"
"I will prosecute the fat cats"

(list goes on and on)..

No I don't think they "sued the government" -- they got an appeal court to drop a suit on the basis that falsifying the news is not illegal, if we're thinking of the same case (the Monsanto story)

Michael Powell is living proof that talent skips a generation. The self-confessed goal of this supposed public servant: when asked about the "digital divide" his response was, and I quote, ""I think there is a Mercedes divide. I would like to have one, but I can't afford one." I put equal blame on weasel Bill Clinton for signing the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which was like a laxative for the diarrhea of mass media consolidation. That's when ClearChannel was born.

Also when Fox Noise was born. Same year.

Are you defending that? Just curious.

Three

Two

One

I'm not a Benghazi scandal enthusiast or anything, but the thing that always struck me as odd was that immediately following the attack the President blamed it on a sort of "flash mob" motivated by this anti-Islamic movie.

It was clear within a day that the hit was one that was preplanned and by a terrorist cell.

At the very least, the President lied to the American public and I don't really like that at all. But I guess that's what we've come to expect from our Gov't these days:

"this will be the most transparent in history"
"you can keep your plan"
"I will prosecute the fat cats"

(list goes on and on)..

There was more than a hundred deadly Muslim Demonstrations going on all over the world over that right wing video. They White House should nave known about all of them?

Forum List

Back