FOX can't broadcast in canada after its gov refuses to remove law prohibiting lying

You gotta love right wingers. Fighting till the very end for the "right to lie".

The entire left wing on this board is morphing into TruthMattersNotAtAll. It's hilarious to watch.

The entire left wing on this board is morphing into TruthMattersNotAtAll. It's hilarious to watch.

lol, desperate time for them, they see their POWER failing and falling all in one swoop.

Last edited:
Again, as care pointed out, canada refused to CHANGE THE RULES for fauxnews. which means that they can't tell reporters to lie like they did in this country.

:clap2:
exceptit is a LIE, because FNC is already there

yes, the OP is NOT TRUE.....

it is not that Foxnews is not broadcasting in Canada, they ARE in canada since 2004, with several broadcast stations,( except not on Canada's largest broadcast network...they did not accept FoxNews.)

foxnews can and has been broadcasting in Canada, but with this ruling, they can not lie in their broadcasts.....

I don't know if there are some penalties if they or other News stations do lie or how Canada enforces this....?

Again, as care pointed out, canada refused to CHANGE THE RULES for fauxnews. which means that they can't tell reporters to lie like they did in this country.

it is not that Foxnews is not broadcasting in Canada, they ARE in canada since 2004, with several broadcast stations,( except not on Canada's largest broadcast network...they did not accept FoxNews.)

foxnews can and has been broadcasting in Canada, but with this ruling, they can not lie in their broadcasts.....

I don't know if there are some penalties if they or other News stations do lie or how Canada enforces this....?
they dont "lie" in their US broadcasts
thats whats so funny and pathetic about this threrad in the first place

Yet you believe it when other people do.

Von Finckenstein says commission will withdraw 'false and misleading news' amendment | The Wire Report

Why is HuffPo posting a false and misleading story that the Harper was behind the push to bring Fox style news to Canada. They have been working on this since 1992, when Brian Mulroney was PM, and he was a Progressive Conservative. It was actually an attempt to bring the broadcast standards into line with a Canadian Supreme Court ruling.

It is a good thing for HuffPo that they are not in Canada, the government would have to shut them down.

you work for them or an affiliate, don't you? :D: my my my...you really come to their defense quite often so do you work for them? :lol:

they do a lot of spin on foxnews channel....maybe they are technically not lies, but spin meisters they are...imo, dive.

Oh, please...They're the left's answer to Rushbots and Hannitoids.

because *you* say so?

puleeze...

again, you made an assertion. you are free to disagree with any opinion you wish. but you aren't entitled to make up lies.

It took me about 45 seconds to find out that the story was bogus. You think a new site that just sold for $300 million could spare a minute to fact check its idiots.

Just saying.

Not even close sweetie...

The actual facts: Fox news has been broadcast in Canada since 2004. Fox News never requested that any law be changed. The proposed changes to the Canadian Broadcast laws originated over 10 years ago- for reason completely unrelated to News organizations.
The entire thread is dishonest propaganda repeated by the leftwing echo chamber.

Well if FOX is broadcasting in Canada..it means they have to be truthful. Correct?

Quite true.

And, since they broadcast the same content there that they do here, that must mean that what they broadcast here is also true.

Pesky thing when you start using logic.

you work for them or an affiliate, don't you? :D: my my my...you really come to their defense quite often so do you work for them? :lol:

they do a lot of spin on foxnews channel....maybe they are technically not lies, but spin meisters they are...imo, dive.
ah, so me defending the truth, is proof i work for FNC

LOL

classic

You gotta love right wingers. Fighting till the very end for the "right to lie".

Like HuffPo?

At least FNC pay their staff. HuffPuff profits off the back of young people, desperate to break into journalism, and doesn't pay them at all. 6,000 of them.... all helped Ariana build that company for her to sell it to AOL for over $300m. Not one of them got paid. I would have thought the left would be outraged at such an unfair business practice. But, no. Apparently it is fine.... because it's the HuffPuff... now, if FNC did that, there'd be a public outcry from Obama down.

Such double standards, such hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back