Four black parole officers file civil suit against white police officers

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
(CNN)The dashcam video shows a police officer driving his vehicle in the wrong lane, then swerving sharply before stopping in the middle of the road in Upstate New York.

The officer exits the car and draws his weapon.

The ensuing moments are when parole officer Mario Alexandre said the police officers participating in the Rockland County stop violated his civil rights, along with those of three of his fellow parole officers.

"I was violently pulled out of the vehicle, and I was slammed against the vehicle," Alexandre told CNN's Jason Carroll.

Alexandre and his colleagues -- Sheila Penister, Annette Thomas-Prince and Samuel Washington -- are all black New York State Parole officers. The parole officers have filed a civil lawsuit, alleging that they were racially profiled by the white officers and that their detainment was unnecessarily malicious and reckless.

The parole officers contend that the Ramapo Police Department and the city "failed to adequately train ... its police officers concerning the rights of citizens, in particular against racial bias/profiling and the use of force," according to the lawsuit.

Ramapo Town Assistant Attorney Dennis Lynch said called the actions of the police officers "reasonable under the circumstances" and that the "parole officers had not notified the town that they would be in town."

On the morning of April 21, 2014, the parole officers were on their way back from attempting to execute an arrest warrant when they were stopped on the side of the road by police officers, some of whom had their weapons drawn.
Black parole officers file suit against white police - CNN.com

Have you seen the video?

Why is this important?

How is it not?

I guess cops are supposed to stop writing tickets too?

I mean what do you assholes expect them to do.....turn in their fricken badges and find another line of work?

Maybe sell real estate....apply for Social Security?

If I was a cop I'd quit....because Obama has placed a big target on their backs. I wonder how many cops he'll help kill by the end of the year?

Why is this important?

How is it not?

I mean what do you assholes expect them to do.....turn in their fricken badges and find another line of work?

If I was a cop I'd quit....because Obama has placed a big target on their backs. I wonder how many cops he'll help kill by the end of the year?

Cops are expected to follow the law. Racial profiling is of course forbidden outright by the 14th Amendement, and any police officer that does it has violated his oath to uphold the constitution. Consequently, no true American should care about the lives of these racist pieces of garbage.

Why is this important?

How is it not?

Cops are expected to follow the law. Racial profiling is of course forbidden outright by the 14th Amendement, and any police officer that does it has violated his oath to uphold the constitution. Consequently, no true American should care about the lives of these racist pieces of garbage.

Uh......The problem here isn't that a few cops are breaking the law. That always happens.

The problem here is the accusations that all cops are out of control and need to be taken over by the feds......and union dues, of course, collected and sent to the DNC.

Why is this important?

How is it not?

Uh......The problem here isn't that a few cops are breaking the law. That always happens.

The problem here is the accusations that all cops are out of control and need to be taken over by the feds......and union dues, of course, collected and sent to the DNC.

The feds taking over won't solve the problem permanently. Eventually we will have another pro-police-brutality administration again. Citizens need to hold bad cops responsible for their actions, as their departments can't be trusted to do so.

(CNN)The dashcam video shows a police officer driving his vehicle in the wrong lane, then swerving sharply before stopping in the middle of the road in Upstate New York.

The officer exits the car and draws his weapon.

The ensuing moments are when parole officer Mario Alexandre said the police officers participating in the Rockland County stop violated his civil rights, along with those of three of his fellow parole officers.

"I was violently pulled out of the vehicle, and I was slammed against the vehicle," Alexandre told CNN's Jason Carroll.

Alexandre and his colleagues -- Sheila Penister, Annette Thomas-Prince and Samuel Washington -- are all black New York State Parole officers. The parole officers have filed a civil lawsuit, alleging that they were racially profiled by the white officers and that their detainment was unnecessarily malicious and reckless.

The parole officers contend that the Ramapo Police Department and the city "failed to adequately train ... its police officers concerning the rights of citizens, in particular against racial bias/profiling and the use of force," according to the lawsuit.

Ramapo Town Assistant Attorney Dennis Lynch said called the actions of the police officers "reasonable under the circumstances" and that the "parole officers had not notified the town that they would be in town."

On the morning of April 21, 2014, the parole officers were on their way back from attempting to execute an arrest warrant when they were stopped on the side of the road by police officers, some of whom had their weapons drawn.
Black parole officers file suit against white police - CNN.com

Have you seen the video?

What a load of horseshit!!
Had they notified the local police dept. they would be operating in their area of responsibility this would never have happened.

They should consider themselves lucky no one was hurt.

Why is this important?

How is it not?

How is it racial profiling when the 911 call never mentioned race?

Why is this important?

How is it not?

The cop wouldn't believe they were parole officers. This reaction has no other explanation than a racial one.

Why is this important?

How is it not?

The cop wouldn't believe they were parole officers. This reaction has no other explanation than a racial one.

You didnt watch the video did you?

Why is this important?

How is it not?

:boohoo:

Why is this important?

How is it not?

The feds taking over won't solve the problem permanently. Eventually we will have another pro-police-brutality administration again. Citizens need to hold bad cops responsible for their actions, as their departments can't be trusted to do so.

:blahblah:

Since there aren't any civil solutions to police brutality, it is time for concerned citizens to consider "second amendment solutions"

Abusive pigs can only understand brute force, and we should be ready to bring it anytime we encounter them.

[

No, it sure isn't sparky.

You are ignorant of the 14th.

Witness: "A white man in his 40's raped that woman."

Cop: "Guess I better pull over elderly black women - some leftist on the internet claims the 14th demands it.."

My goodness, just another case of blacks hating the cops....wait

[

No, it sure isn't sparky.

You are ignorant of the 14th.

Witness: "A white man in his 40's raped that woman."

Cop: "Guess I better pull over elderly black women - some leftist on the internet claims the 14th demands it.."

That isn't racial profiling. That is following a physical description of a known suspect. Racial profiling is when a person is treated with unequal suspicion because of the race they happen to be. There is no other reason why the parole officers would not have been allowed to continue conducting their business immediately after showing identification. It would not have happened to a group of white parole officers in the same situation. That is abundantly obvious.

Video shows Ramapo cops drawing weapons on parole officers

How is it not?

:blahblah:

So you are ok with cops not obeying the law? Lick their boots already, comrade.

Why is this important?

How is it not?

Parole officers? Really? Not big on critical thinking or reading comprehension, I see.
I'm thinking the badge around the neck would have been noticed before the punches were thrown.

Forum List

Back