Four Attempts Before I Can Login

XPostFacto

VIP Member
May 17, 2013
The Sticks
Okay, I have counted them. I even clicked the box, "Remember Me", but lately it has taken me 4 attempts of entering my user name and then password before I am recognized as being logged in. I always get the message, welcoming to the site, but as the screen changes, I am met with an empty login screen like I haven't logged in yet. Granted, I don't post much, here, but I thought I was still in good standing.

Help! Help!

Okay, I have counted them. I even clicked the box, "Remember Me", but lately it has taken me 4 attempts of entering my user name and then password before I am recognized as being logged in. I always get the message, welcoming to the site, but as the screen changes, I am met with an empty login screen like I haven't logged in yet. Granted, I don't post much, here, but I thought I was still in good standing.

Help! Help!

I've never had the problem....I've always used the "remember me" and if I am on the same computer, all I have to do is go to USMB address and I'm already logged in. Hope you find the problem.

Had the same problem way back when I first came here. I don't know if it would be the same now but I solved it by never logging out and choosing not to be shown as here or not.

Ok. It could happen.
Clear your cache.
Make sure the caps lock isn't on.
Use a different browser.
Is your keyboard working? Are keys sticking? Can you type the password into Notepad or Word?

Try those things first.

I had trouble with a password I couldn't spell on a routine basis. I had to copy and paste it from a list.
Sometimes complicated passwords give us the most trouble.

First, open a new word document and type your user name and password over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .... see if any characters repeatedly malfunction.

Then get a new keyboard....or change your username/password without using that key.

Or get a new computer...or have yours fixed.

There's nothing wrong with this site.

Everything seems to be okay today. Maybe somebody did fix this website, even though there are some here, who feel that there is nothing wrong with the site. Perhaps, there was a problem with my IP address. Perhaps a"real expert" could comment?

First, open a new word document and type your user name and password over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .... see if any characters repeatedly malfunction.

Then get a new keyboard....or change your username/password without using that key.

That's all very nice but if you read back over this forum, you'll find that people consistently have little glitch-problems like this on this board.

That's all very nice but if you read back over this forum, you'll find that people consistently have little glitch-problems like this on this board.
...and the little glitch-problems are generally with their computers, not the site.

Not being able to log on may have to do with compatibility view and whether you toggle it or not.

Help! Help!

Sounds like a cookie error. Trying clearing cookies and cookie-permissions before logging in, then try again 'fresh.' If you have cookies set to ask you every time the request to set a new cookie shoudl reappear, hit Yes, and see if that fixes it.

Get that sort of problem often if for some reason I set a permission to Decline or no for the cookie. Clearing cookies/permissions fixes it right up.

Thought you were talking about Obamacare. Thought only government operated sites had "glitches".

Forum List

Back