Fossil fuel production on federal land at lowest level in 9 years.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What? I thought that Obama said oil production is at the highest level in 8 years.

I guess it is, if you count the stuff Obama has no control over.

Production and sales of fossil fuels from Federal and Indian lands can be influenced by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, Federal leasing and regulatory policies. Total sales of all fossil fuels produced on Federal and Indian lands, which are measured in terms of British thermal units (Btu) to allow for aggregation across all fossil fuels, rose by about 1 percent between fiscal year FY 2009 and FY 2010 and dropped by about 6 percent between FY 2010 and FY 2011 (Table 1).

Analysis & Projections - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Fossil-Fuel-Production-on-Federal-Lands-600px1.png

Appears what Obama is saying is not the truth. AKA fibbing.

Great article here:

March 22, 2012
Obama Caught Fibbing at Oil Field

Read more: Obama Caught Fibbing at Oil Field - President Obama - Fox Nation

From the article:

Rep. Steve Pearce, R-N.M., and others disputed Obama's assertion that his policies have increased production on federal lands.

"While oil production on private lands has increased, according to the Institute of Energy Research, oil production on federal land was down 11% in 2011," Pearce said.

Tim Wigley, president of Western Energy Alliance, said Obama's "bureaucracies and broken policies are making energy development in the West increasingly difficult, time consuming, and cost prohibitive."

Appears what Obama is saying is not the truth. AKA fibbing.

Great article here:

March 22, 2012
Obama Caught Fibbing at Oil Field

Read more: Obama Caught Fibbing at Oil Field - President Obama - Fox Nation

From the article:

Rep. Steve Pearce, R-N.M., and others disputed Obama's assertion that his policies have increased production on federal lands.

"While oil production on private lands has increased, according to the Institute of Energy Research, oil production on federal land was down 11% in 2011," Pearce said.

Tim Wigley, president of Western Energy Alliance, said Obama's "bureaucracies and broken policies are making energy development in the West increasingly difficult, time consuming, and cost prohibitive."

In an effort to force unviable tech on an economy not ready nor willing to accept Obama's premise.

I like this article. The author doesn't mince his words. Straight from the hip. And his piece covers stats on all fossil fuels. Check it out.:D

Salazar Lied About Oil Production on Federal Lands
By Jim Geraghty
March 20, 2012 9:57 A.M.

Yesterday I pointed out that the production of fossil fuels on federal lands is down from fiscal 2010 to fiscal 2011 (October 1, 2009, to September 30, 2010, compared to October 1, 2010, to September 30, 2011).

This is significant because the administration is . . . well, lying. Not long ago, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said, “The fact of the matter is we are producing more from public lands — both oil and gas, both onshore as well as offshore, than any time in recent memory.”

Not only is Salazar wrong, he’s wrong for every type of fossil fuel produced on federal lands.

Crude-oil production? Down from 739 million barrels to 646 million barrels in FY 2011.

Natural-gas production? Down from 5,415 billion cubic feet (Bcf) to 4,859 billion cubic feet (Bcf) in FY 2011.

Natural-gas plant liquids? Down from 115 million barrels to 111 million barrels in FY 2011

Coal production? Down from 478 million short tons to 470 million short tons in FY 2011.

Taken altogether, the total amount of fossil fuels produced from federal land hit 18.6 quadrillion British thermal units (Btu), lower than every year since 2003.

More at link.

Salazar Lied About Oil Production on Federal Lands - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

What? I thought that Obama said oil production is at the highest level in 8 years.

Production and sales of fossil fuels from Federal and Indian lands can be influenced by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, Federal leasing and regulatory policies. Total sales of all fossil fuels produced on Federal and Indian lands, which are measured in terms of British thermal units (Btu) to allow for aggregation across all fossil fuels, rose by about 1 percent between fiscal year FY 2009 and FY 2010 and dropped by about 6 percent between FY 2010 and FY 2011 (Table 1).

Analysis & Projections - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

QW simple question here. When we can uncover their blatant lies so easily, why do they bother lying?

Are they living in an alternate universe? They must be. I find it most bizarre. It's not even a matter of the Administration "hyping". It's flat out and out lying.

QW simple question here. When we can uncover their blatant lies so easily, why do they bother lying?

Are they living in an alternate universe? They must be. I find it most bizarre. It's not even a matter of the Administration "hyping". It's flat out and out lying.

Lying or uncomfortable under thier own skins with the truth...Party and agenda over country in an effort to bring it down against whatever they deem as sound judgement?

The president is right, and you are full of shit.

Not true, he boast about oil production, but those where started under GWB on PRIVATE LAND!

He has done everything to stifle drilling on public lands for 3 years and that is why oil prices are where they are!

The president is right, and you are full of shit.

Not true, he boast about oil production, but those where started under GWB on PRIVATE LAND!

He has done everything to stifle drilling on public lands for 3 years and that is why oil prices are where they are!

But Obama portends to tell us that there's NOTHING he can do to change it...but now pretends that HE was ON with the Pipeline?

He's desparate...panicked.

Oh I so love this quote I just found!

When it comes to American energy production, President Obama is like a rooster who crows at the sunrise, then imagines that he conjured up the morning,” jokes Ben Cole of the Institute for Energy Research

:eusa_clap::lol::eusa_clap:

From another great article. He's truly becoming a laughingstock.

Obama

When it comes to American energy production, President Obama is like a rooster who crows at the sunrise, then imagines that he conjured up the morning,” jokes Ben Cole of the Institute for Energy Research

Obama

Interesting...

Story isn't the Headline...but the sub...

Obama’s Oil Bottleneck
The president could encourage oil production if he tried hard enough.

Should be followed by "But won't because HIS agenda of taking the United States down is of more import by his masters..."

Obama

Interesting...

Story isn't the Headline...but the sub...

Obama’s Oil Bottleneck
The president could encourage oil production if he tried hard enough.

Should be followed by "But won't because HIS agenda of taking the United States down is of more import by his masters..."

Truth.

I feel like I'm living Carter's second term. And I don't like this deja vu.

Because they know that the lamestream media will fly cover for them and their party man bootlickers don't care about being lied to, as long as you're flying the political flag with the (D) on it.

I think we should suck out every last drop we have and sell it to China in the name of energy independence too.

Forum List

Back