Formula 1 To Be Carbon Neutral By 2030

1970 Datsun sedan (electric) vs Maserati Drag Race

Another thing we learned in the 2nd grade along with ice ages and stuff

AFX slot cars.

Those suckers were fast

Agree..

You should of scene my family room. My dad and uncle set it up for 8 racers and going down the back wall, you couldn't use full power

The local slot car track banned a racer for using glue on his tires. Oops!

We used to have some nice public ones in Chicago/Milwaukee area back then..

I traded some kid a bullwhip for a car and control when I was a kid. Till his Mom found out.

When I first went into my first hobby lobby I was expecting to find model airplanes, boats , cars and stuff

I am like WTF? all girl stuff..

Ah that's what we called the local one.

AFX slot cars.

Those suckers were fast

Agree..

You should of scene my family room. My dad and uncle set it up for 8 racers and going down the back wall, you couldn't use full power

I traded some kid a bullwhip for a car and control when I was a kid. Till his Mom found out.

Those glow plug gas and airplanes..

God I hated trying to start one

Those suckers were fast

Agree..

Cox engines. I always got mine started.

Agree..

How? I am trying to think of the fast model race cars of the day.

My dad bought my brother and one for Christmas. (1976? )

Pineiro? (Should Google it before I post)

When I first went into my first hobby lobby I was expecting to find model airplanes, boats , cars and stuff

They do have some models way in the back
Not many stores carry them anymore

A funny story around 1992 I was forced to take a weeks vacation at Christmas time..I didnt have anything to do, so.i decided to buy like 10 model cars /boats

Man I got so high and drunk in my little studio apartment..and model glue all over.

AFX slot cars.

Those suckers were fast

Agree..

You into motorcycles?

Want to see a thing of beauty?

images (18).jpeg

A funny story around 1992 I was forced to take a weeks vacation at Christmas time..I didnt have anything to do, so.i decided to buy like 10 model cars /boats

Man I got so high and drunk in my little studio apartment..and model glue all over.

Those balsa boats and airplanes required high skill and provided a much better model than plastic
What I build

E17511AE-7397-4C03-88A2-302186B30B58.jpeg
E18A3522-6E76-4AE2-8CAA-421C5277C1B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Those balsa boats and airplanes required high skill and provided a much better model than plastic

Model rockets, that's another thing I was terrible at, no patience.

Those suckers were fast

Agree..

You into motorcycles?

View attachment 289515
My bikes never had a prop, though.

Agree..

Things have changed...........

Model rockets, that's another thing I was terrible at, no patience.

Didnt matter

They got stuck in a tree or crashed anyway

Agree..

You into motorcycles?

View attachment 289515
My bikes never had a prop, though.

You could the take the prop off though and did what this legend did

OddBike: König 500 GP - Outboard-Powered Underdog

König 500 GP - Outboard-Powered Underdog

Kim Newcombe and his Konig Grand Prix bike
Image Source
Once in a generation there emerges a racing prodigy who defies belief and achieves success far beyond the odds. These men and women display innate and remarkable talent that is often so extraordinary that they become legends in their own time. They are the mythical “naturals”, those who perform complex tasks extraordinarily well despite their lack of experience. New Zealand motorcycle racer Kim Newcombe was one such prodigy, and one of the most tantalizing “what ifs” of motorcycle racing. He entered competition as a novice and immediately began to beat seasoned veterans. Not only that, but he single-handedly crafted and maintained his own machine – which he then campaigned successfully at the top level of the sport against the greatest riders of the 1970s. The tale of Kim and his Konig 500 GP motorbike is a true motorsports Cinderella story, and one of the most fascinating and tragic tales from the golden era of motorcycle road racing.

Kim Newcombe was born in Nelson, New Zealand in 1944 and grew up in Auckland, where he met the love of his life - Janeen. Married in their teens, Kim and Janeen moved to Australia in 1963 for two reasons – to be closer to Janeen’s mother, and to pursue Kim’s love of motorcycle racing.

Forum List

Back