Former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler dies

He had a QB rating of 103 one season, the league average was like 65. He also was the only pre 80's QB to complete 65% of his passes.

I put him in the same category as Bradshaw and Staubach.
Take away Fred Biletnikov and Cliff Branch...............how good is he then?

And Casper. Take him away too.

He had a QB rating of 103 one season, the league average was like 65. He also was the only pre 80's QB to complete 65% of his passes.

Take away Stallworth and Swann and how good is Bradshaw.

Stabler was one of the best QBs of the 70s and led one of the best teams

Staubach, Tarkenton and Bradshaw were probably the best

but Stabler was better than Griese, Anderson and any of the others
I don't know, Griese was pretty fucking good!

I think Griese is overrated. Even in his "Perfect Season" Earl Morrall won almost half the games

I think this is even more relevant than Stabler's receivers. Swann and Stallworth were both known for acrobatic catches. The fact that the needed to make those catches says a lot.

Why don't you take away Jim Otto too?

9eb2f8667ad9649403b11c124f59f956.jpg

I think this is even more relevant than Stabler's receivers. Swann and Stallworth were both known for acrobatic catches. The fact that the needed to make those catches says a lot.

Stabler could also run. I remember in the Pittsburgh "Immaculate Reception" game Stabler had likie a 30 yd touchdown run in the 4th quarter

Was Stabler really that good?

I seem to remember George Blanda bailing him out many games.
I saw him play in person. He was one of those guys that had ice in his veins.

He may not have been on the most talented teams, but he always was a pain in the ass for the opposition.

He was one of those guys that would go out and get drunk the night before a Super Bowl and then put 32 points on the Vikings. Joe Montana was like that. You just couldn't screw with his mind. He was 29-1 in high school. He took over Alabama a couple of seasons after Joe Namath left and took them to an undefeated season. Ken Stabler - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The mad bomber

Very fitting
Very good!

The very first NFL football game I ever saw, was when Ben Davidson hit Len Dawson after the whistle blew and both benches just cleared and met in the middle of the stadium. I asked my dad, "Does this happen often?" And he said, "Only when these two teams play. They really hate each other!"

The mad bomber

Very fitting
Very good!

The very first NFL football game I ever saw, was when Ben Davidson hit Len Dawson after the whistle blew and both benches just cleared and met in the middle of the stadium. I asked my dad, "Does this happen often?" And he said, "Only when these two teams play. They really hate each other!"

I was out there for the longest game. in 71 vs the fins

Forum List

Back