Former IRA bomber deported out of Boston arrested in Ireland

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A convicted Irish Republican Army bomber deported out of Boston this summer has been arrested in Ireland on charges that date back to his days running with the terrorist group.

Darcey McMenamin, who was 18 when he was charged in a 1993 mortar attack on a police station west of Belfast, now faces charges of indecent sexual assault on children, according to a law enforcement source and the Irish Times.

Asked if he understood the charges against him, McMenamin replied: “Yes I do, but I don’t know what they are.” That’s according to the Irish Times that goes on to report the now-44-year-old McMenamin allegedly committed the crimes in the early 1990s.

He’s accused of indecently assaulting two children and committing an act of gross indecency on one on dates between January 1992 and December 1993, the Irish Times reports. He was charged in late July right after arriving back to his native Ireland.

So he was in and out of the country multiple times between 2000 and 2007 but it doesn't say how long he was here before he got picked up the last time.

A convicted Irish Republican Army bomber deported out of Boston this summer has been arrested in Ireland on charges that date back to his days running with the terrorist group.

Darcey McMenamin, who was 18 when he was charged in a 1993 mortar attack on a police station west of Belfast, now faces charges of indecent sexual assault on children, according to a law enforcement source and the Irish Times.

Asked if he understood the charges against him, McMenamin replied: “Yes I do, but I don’t know what they are.” That’s according to the Irish Times that goes on to report the now-44-year-old McMenamin allegedly committed the crimes in the early 1990s.

He’s accused of indecently assaulting two children and committing an act of gross indecency on one on dates between January 1992 and December 1993, the Irish Times reports. He was charged in late July right after arriving back to his native Ireland.

So he was in and out of the country multiple times between 2000 and 2007 but it doesn't say how long he was here before he got picked up the last time.
The guy sounds like a real waste of oxygen.

Forum List

Back