Forget Gold, Buy Water Rights

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
When water is more valuable than crops, farms struggle to compete with thirsty cities | Harvest Public Media

“You see commercials on TV all the time, invest in gold, invest in silver, invest in natural resources. There’s nothing more valuable than water.”

An auction of this size – with hundreds of units of Colorado-Big Thompson water and more than a dozen shares of a local ditch company up for grabs – is rare. The Colorado-Big Thompson project moves water from the Western Slope through canals and tunnels to provide water for Front Range municipalities and farmers.

Auction of Colorado farm and water brought in $12.6 million – The Denver Post

A little more price info. Of course, deadbeats like the Bundys and other ranchers in many states think they should get this kind of stuff for free.

If you choose to live in a desert because you like the weather (i.e., sunny skies and minimal rain), then any price you have to pay for living in a desert is rightly YOURS, and not the financial obligation of taxpayers living elsewhere.

If you choose to live in a desert because you like the weather (i.e., sunny skies and minimal rain), then any price you have to pay for living in a desert is rightly YOURS, and not the financial obligation of taxpayers living elsewhere.

The 'West', including much of the Great Plains is inhabitable without massive government projects, and is mostly desert outside of a narrow strip along the northern California coast and north of it. That's why I don't feel sorry for deadbeats like the Bundys and most of their whining, or buy their stupid ideological ploys over losing their freebies.

Water will someday have real value. People have been losing money on that bet for the last 30 years or so, but someday.... Until then, you can flip other commodity trades over a thousand times waiting for the water crisis.

Water rights have value when there is government to enforce them.

Come the day when government collapses so do your rights.

Gold?

Refined gold leaves footprints.

Rooseveldt seized people's gold once; it can be done again.

Unrefined gold (aka "concentrate") has NO footprint and would be very much barterable in time of distress. Immune to seizure provided you didn't broadcast that you had it.

Truck is, if you live away from areas where gold is found, to get it from the source.

And....make damn sure the "source" is either not keeping records or is no longer alive to rat you out.

Good God, what a lot of excess thought and effort. The Govt can't feed itself. Within one week of a draconian takeover I'll be trading whatever is tradeable, organizing whatever is organizeable and making spreads between the oppressors and the oppressed. Remember, these are the same pinheads that run the DMV, they cant even feed, clothe or outfit an army without entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs will always be the genesis of and the path to freedom. Not some guy holed up in a cave with canned beans.

Forum List

Back